Chapter 19

Sun, Please Shine Again

Joon's POV

"Hyung, did you see the news yet?" Mir yelled while running to me.

"No, what was it about?" It was odd for Mir to tell me about the news. Usually he never speaks about it.

"Ji... Jiyeon." He placed both hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

My eyes widened after hearing Jiyeon's name. "That isn't a funny joke." I let out a huff of air and began walking away.

"It's not a joke hyung." He said while following behind me. "It's everywhere. Just look on any newspaper's front page. She's the cover story."

"I'll tell you one more time, it isn't funny. Stop it now." I stared him straight in the eyes implying I wasn't interested in his silly games any longer.

"Hyung, just listen for once! I'm not pulling anything over you. This is real!" I grabbed my arm. "Go look online. You'll see it."

I let out a sigh. "I swear..." I pulled my phone out and went to naver. Just as he said, Jiyeon was on the news. I clicked on the article and began to read it.

Once I finished reading it, I was absolutely furious. I really didn't understand how something like this could've possibly gotten out. Where was any of their sources. Was it even proven to be Jiyeon? I really needed something to remove all the anger that was building inside my body. Every second I didn't release my anger was a second of living in agony. It help as if someone set my insides on fire. A fire that wouldn't ever stop. I couldn't imagine what it must feel like for Jiyeon, but it must be much worst than what I'm feeling at the moment. 

Then, it hit me. Jiyeon! I was completely thinking of myself this whole time. I didn't even ask Jiyeon about it. I should've asked her the instant I saw it. I am being a bad boyfriend once again. I closed the internet browser on my phone and dialed Jiyeon's number into the phone. There were a few rings before I heard her voice.

"Hello?" She sounded weaker than usual.

"Jiyeon-ah, is everything alright?" I asked her.

"Yes... everything is fine." Her voice was hoarse. In any minute I knew she was going to cry.

"Stay strong alright? I'll come meet you." I quickly hung up the phone afterwards. I ran out the door, grabbing the keys off the counter.

 

---

 

I knocked on the door rapidly. "Jiyeon, I'm here!" I screamed through the door. I continued to knock on the door until it finally opened. Inside the dorm, an annoyed Hyomin stood there glaring at me.

"Do you not have any curtesy?" It was as if her eyes were throwing darts at me. 

I took in a deep breath before saying anything I'd later regret. "I just came to see Jiyeon." I cooly responded to her.

"She left." Hyomin started to close the door on me until I pushed it back open. I pushed her aside and walked into the dorm. "Hey! What do you think you are doing? Get out."

I completely ignored her yelling and walked into Jiyeon's room. There, I saw her sitting in a corner curled up crying. She never changed out of her night clothes. Her hair was still messy from the morning. The tear strains were still visible. 

"Jiyeon..." I ran to her and fell onto my knees. I pulled her close to me.

"Joon..." Before she could say anything else, she broke down in tears again.

"Don't say anything. Just let it out." I hugged her tighter and combed her hair using my fingers.

"Aren't you disappointed?" Jiyeon mummbled.

I looked down at her. The tears were still streaming. "Why would I be? It wasn't you. Don't just give up because of the scandal." I continued to comb her hair.

"How are you sure it wasn't me?" Jiyeon whispered.

"Listen to me. I don't believe it was you. Even if it is you, I don't care. I chose to love you and nothing will change that. I will support you." I removed myself from her. She sat on the floor watching me get up. "Get up now." I demanded her. Instantly, she got off the floor. "Go clean yourself and change into morning clothes. I'll be waiting for you in my car." With that, I left the dorm.

 

After a few minutes, I saw her walking towards the car. She was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap. Rather than wearing anything extravagant, she dressed casually. When she got into the car she took the sunglasses off. She turned her head over to me and stared me in the eyes. "Where are we going to go?" 

"Somewhere." I smiled and drove off. 

 

---

 

"A field?" Jiyeon asked me.

"Just wait and see." I got out the door and walked over to her side of the car and opened the door. 

"Joon, where is this?" She looked around trying to see anything she might know.

"Korea, of course." I laughed.

She hit my arm. "That's not funny." She started to walk off.

I ran over to her and grabbed her hand. "Don't wander off. I don't want to lose you." I intertwined our fingers. "Besides, you're going the wrong way."

She let out a small laugh. "You're too cheesy."

"Yah! I was being sincere." I jokingly raised my fist. "Can't even notice when someone is being sincere."

She smiled. She tightened her grip on my hand and laid her head on my arm. "Jiyeon is sorry oppa," she said with her ageyo.

"Ageyo won't work this time." I pretended to stay mad at her, but deep inside, I was glad to see a smile on Jiyeon's face.

"Fine, stay mad. Not like I care." She bit her tounge and tried to release her hand from mine.

"Even if I'm mad, I still don't plan on letting you get lost." I looked over to see a frustrated Jiyeon. "Let's just keep walking. We're almost there anyways.

 

After several minutes, we arrived at the destination. A small table sat on the field of grass, along with two chairs. On the table was a candle, plates, utensils, wine and wine glasses. The wind wasn't strong today. But every now and then a gentle breeze was blow between their hair.

"Joon, you did all this?" Jiyeon asked in disbelief.

"Of course. You think any of the members would help me?" I laughed.

Jiyeon took a minute to take in the view before answering back. "It's really beautiful. Thank you." She smiled at me. Once again, her smile. It melted my heart. I was glad I could be her sun in the rain. It's all I could ever ask for.

 

Jiyeon's POV

It was just like an fairytale a girl would wish for. The boy you have dreamed of since a young age, finally here, right in front of your eyes. This was the perfect date. There was simply no other way to explain the feeling but pure bliss. The hours passed by quickly. I watched from the table in the middle of field lining the river as the sun set and the moon rose to in replacement. 

Every now and then I would look over to the side, catching him smiling at me. His eyes were curved into crescents, his smile crooked as usual. Each time our eyes connected, I couldn't help but find myself giggling softly to myself. I found myself smiling foolishly in his presence, despite trying to hide it behind my palm. I couldn't help it. Being around Joon was like being around your childhood best friend. He was there for you whenever you need. He knew exactly what you wanted, how you wanted, and what you really needed. He was the perfect man.

As the stars began to sit in the sky, I felt the soft tap against the back of my hand. I stopped gazing at the star and directed my attention to him. I saw his lips mouth words, though they did not process through my mind. However, I knew what he was trying to express. And I knew it was time I would have to re-enter the world where there were constant stares each corner I turned.

I tried to put on a convincing smile as I nodded. "Can we just sit here for five more minutes?" He responded with a simple nod. He could tell from the look in my eyes I wasn't ready just yet. 

I looked back up into the sky, counting the stars in the sky. I probably counted the same stars more than once, but that wasn't the point. Counting stars was simply just a method I used to distract my mind. In a few minutes everything I was feeling at this very moment would vanish. I would return to the idol world. The world were Park Jiyeon was the stripper, rather than the idol. The world were no one could be trusted. Not even your closest friend. 

---

As we reached the dormitory, I looked over to Joon from the passenger's seat. I smiled at him, leaning in towards him. I placed a soft kiss upon his cheek before holding his hand. 

"Thank you for today. Thank you." I smiled, rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb before letting go and getting out of the car. As I made my way to the entrance to the building, I heard his voice screaming from the car.

"Yah! Park Jiyeon. Be strong, okay?"

I turned around and smiled at him, holding a raised fist in the air. He smiled, slowly rolling the windows up. As he made his way out of the parking space and back into the street, I turned around and heading back to the dorm.

When I reached the familiar door to our apartment, I let out a heavy sigh unknowingly. I unlocked the door, pushing it open, only to quickly shut it afterwards. It wasn't a surprise to find Hyomin sitting on the couch waiting for me. I frowned upon her sight, quickly making a turn for the bedrooms before any interaction could be started.

---

A/N: Ah, so I decided I should post this chapter. I've been working on it for quite a while, honestly. It has been a draft for nearly 2-3 years? I added a little to it. But regretfully, I'm not sure this story can continue. I truly apologize. I have forgotten the point to this story and in all honesty, I don't remember my plot at all. If I have the time, I will reread it, but for now, please do not have your hopes up for another chapter or installment.

However, I have been feeling muse for writing once again. Therefore, please be sure to watch out for future projects coming from me. They may be new stories or simply one shots. I will try to make better stores now that I have progressed in my writing. Thank you for all your support from my first fanfiction to this one.