Chapter 3

Sun, Please Shine Again

Hyomin POV



I stared blankly at my phone. Well, at least that's what it looked like. The truth was, I was thinking whether I should call Wooyoung or not. I really missed his voice chiming in my ear.

Okay, so you are probably wondering why I want to call Wooyoung rather than my boyfriend, Kikwang, right? Well, to answer that question, in a short, sweet, and simple way of saying it... we broke up. So, I suppose I shouldn’t have called him my boyfriend, but rather ex- boyfriend. Sure, we were happy for the first few months of our time together, but we slowly grew apart. Sooner or later, we knew we'd learned we weren't right for each other. It just took longer than expected.

To add onto that, it wasn't me who broke up with him, so it was a new experience for me. I thought I was handling everything well, but here I am, still dying inside from the hurt. That's where Wooyoung comes into my story. He was always there smiling and listen to me gloat about my happiness, but when the day came where I cried my heart out, he was the one to lend a shoulder out for me. He just sat there for hours patting my head and calming me down.

So, in enough time, we became closer friends than ever. I didn't think it would've been possible, but by that time spent together, we grew a tighter bond.


He’s the only who knows Kikwang and I were over. I wouldn’t tell anyone else, not Jiyeon... no one. It was too embarrassing.


I unlocked my screen and looked for Wooyoung's number. "Where at you Wooyoungie?" I sang to myself.

While looking for his number, out of no where, I received a call from Jiyeon. I let out a sigh and answered the phone. "Jiyeon-ah.... bwoh? You still didn't tell him? Aish... jjinja Jiyeon. Arraseo... I will come there as fast as I can." I hung up. Jjinja... how could Jiyeon still hide the truth from Joon and Junhyung? I'm sure Joon would be fine with everything, but it was Junhyung who I was worried for.

I looked back at my phone. Wooyoung's number was right here in front of me now. All I had to do was click call, but I didn't. I just turned my phone off. "We can talk later. I guess it wasn't really urgent or important anyways." I quietly said to myself.

I looked back up to the front of the car. "Excuse me. Can you drop me off at XXX Restaurant?"

"Dae." Our manager replied.

"Kamsahamnida."

I looked back out the window of the van. "Ah, Jiyeon, you're lucky I'm your roomate and friend, otherwise you'd be dead right now..." I said to myself.

I watched as the scenery passed the windows as if it were pictures. “Aish... why did I have to become like this?” I leaned my head onto the window.


Joon POV

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be back soon." Jiyeon quickly sped off before I could even reply.

"Oh... dae..." I watched as she frantically ran away from our table.

I sat at our table waiting for the food and Jiyeon to arrive. I placed both my arms on the chairs next to me and rubbed my chin. In the VIP section, I saw B2ST being sat down by a waiter.

"Oh... so they are the reason there's a VIP section today?" I asked myself. I got up from my seat and walked to their table.

"Joon hyung!" Dongwoon yelled before I could even reach their table.

"Dongwoon!" I smiled and laughed. He got up from his chair and ran towards me.

"Hyung, it's been a long time." He gave me a hug and hung an arm around my shoulder.

We walked over to the rest of the B2ST members. To be honest, it felt weird to be friends with the B2ST members. Since we debuted the same time as each other, there are always fans calling us rivals. That was that only part that made it uncomfortable, even though we could care less about our popularity.

"Joon, hyung! What are you doing here?" Junhyung asked me with a smile.

"I'm here to eat my late lunch, early dinner." I chuckled. "Why are you guys here?"

"We were told the food here is very good. We wanted to know if the rumors were true." Kikwang laughed at the end of his sentence.

"The food here is fantastic. I go here a lot, to be honest." I looked towards the ground in embarrassment.

"Perhaps you can help us order. Come eat with us." Doojoon began to call for the waiter.

"Aniyo... I have a guest with me. We will be dining together. Thank you for the offer, though."

"Just bring her here. There more, the merrier they say." Hyunseung commented.

"I will ask her." I smiled to everyone and walked away.

"I wonder who this person Joon hyung is dining with..." I heard Yoseob say out loud.

I let out a little chuckle. "Aish, that kid should stop being so curious. As they say, curiosity killed the cat." I laughed at my joke.

While walking back, I saw Jiyeon coming back to the table. I tried to make it back to the table before she would notice I was gone.

I ran back to our table. It was unprofessional for me to run in a restaurant, but in the end, all the facts were on the table. I ran through the restaurant. Just to make sure we are on the same page, the run wasn't that far... I may have exaggerated it a little, but still, I managed to get to the table without Jiyeon finding anything out of the ordinary.

"Ah, you're back. What took so long?" I looked over to her with my arms folded as if I've been sitting there the whole time.

"Oh... mianhae. I had... problems." She said shyly to me and sat down on her chair. "The food still hasn't arrived?" She started looking around.

I watched as her eyes scanned the room. Then I saw her eyes stop at a certain point. Her eyes just froze there. Terror and fear were emitting out of her eyes. slowly parted.

"Andwaeyo... ottoke." I heard her say in an almost inaudible voice.

"Jiyeon-ah. Gwaenchanayo?"

“D..dae...” Her voice slowly lowered in volume.

“Are you sure?” I genuinely was concerned for her.

She just nodded her head. Her eyes were still filled with fear. I watched as she nervously swollowed her spit. Her eyes never once moved away from where they were looking.

The waiter arrived at our table carrying our food at the same moment. Usually, Jiyeon lightened up when there was food near her, but this time, she was still dull. She was motionless. Frozen.

That was it. I was now way to curious not knowing what caused her to become like this. I turned around looking for who may have been the reason Jiyeon wouldn't move. My eyes scanned the room. Everything seemed normal, nothing was really out of place. There were people dining and B2ST in the restaurant... nothing was... Of course! It was B2ST who surprised Jiyeon!

"Ah, Jiyeon-ah! You're looking at B2ST right? Do you want to talk to them? They are my friends. I can get you to talk to them easily. Kaja." I held my hand out for her. I must be the best boyfriend ever! I was letting her meet B2ST. I never knew she was such a big fan, but at least I know now.


Jiyeon POV

“...Do you want to talk to them? Kaja." Joon said excitedly.

It struck me like lightening. Meeting B2ST in person... that was something I couldn’t do. Yet, here I was frozen. Words, sounds, nothing. I could have been taken as dead if you didn’t see my chest get larger as I breathed.

My eyes shot at Joon. “Bwoh? Michosso?” My voice raised an octave higher.

“Aniyo. Waeyo?” He asked very curious.

“What would make you think I wanted to meet B2ST?” I asked him. By now, I was probably glaring at him.

Truthfully, I didn’t want to be acting this way. But, I just couldn’t control myself. I didn’t want to reveal the secret this early. I wasn’t ready yet. Not now.

At the corner of my eye, I saw a girl’s figure walk into the restaurant.

“Hyomin! Hyomin!”

Chants filled the room. As the chants were growing, a smile appeared on my face. I no longer was looking at Joon. I stood up from my table and ran over to Hyomin. At the moment I began to run, she looked over and saw me. She stood in her place, grounded. Unamused.

“Hyomin!” I hugged her. “You’re my savior!” I leaned my head on her shoulder.

“Dae.. dae. I’ve heard this before.” She let out a sigh. “What do you need?” She was bold and didn’t make eye contact with me.

“Unnie... wae? Why are you being like that?” I pouted.

“I... just.... what do you need?”

I wonder what was bothering her so much this time. I decided not to let it agitate me that much. “Junhyung is still here... to add onto that, Joon wants me to go over to the B2ST members. Ottoke unnie? I can’t do it now.” I let out a huff of air.

“Arraso. I understand. I’ll distract Junhyung. Don’t worry.” She walked over to the VIP section. I saw the members faces brighten up. I saw Hyomin look over to Junhyung and ask to talk to him. He slowly got up from the table and excused himself. I saw Hyomin walking over to a hallway where the staff entered back and forth. I decided I should’ve stopped watching there.

I walked back to where Joon was. “Nam pyeon. Mianhae. Let’s go talk to the members if you want.” I acted cutesy for him.

Joon smiled. “Gwaenchanayo. Are you sure you want to go?” He asked me sincerely.

“Dae. They’re your friends, aren’t they? I wouldn’t want to be impolite and never greet them.” I smiled to him.

He smiled back and walked me over towards the VIP section. The B2ST members looked up from their plates and looked over towards Joon and me.

“Hyung. You know Jiyeon-ah?” Yoseob asked with a blank look.

“Dae. She’s my-”

“Yoseob! It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” I cut Joon off.

“Oh... dae. How have you’ve been doing?” He smiled to me.

“I’m been alright. Nothing really has happened.” I nodded my head.

“Hyung, what were you going to say before?” Dongwoon asked.

“Oh, Jiyeon is my girlfriend.” Joon said proudly.

“Jiyeon... is that true?” I heard a voice behind me.

I slowly turned around and saw Junhyung’s face. Hyomin was biting her lips down and mouthed sorry.

Here I was again... frozen. What I tried to avoid, hit me like a ton of bricks. I should’ve know this was going to happen sooner of later.

But...

Why was it so early?
 
---
 
A/N: Sorry for the late update! I will try harder to update quicker! Sorry if the chapter is lacking... I feel as if I could've done a lot better. I'm really sorry if it was boring! 
 
I hope you enjoyed the little POV of Hyomin... I will try my best to expand her part of the story more, while still keeping the main plot the same. 
 
Please leave feedback and comments! They are deeply appreciated :)