Chapter 11

Sun, Please Shine Again

 

Joon's POV

"Is that really how you want it?" Her voice signed disappointment.

"I'm sorry. Jiyeon is my choice." I got up from my seat. "I'll be leaving now."

I headed over to the doorway when she stopped me. I felt her fingers wrap around my wrist. There was a slight force of her pulling me back.

“Joon... let me warn you. If you are serious, you will regret this.” Her voice was lowered to a whisper. 

“I don’t regret anything I do.” I shook her hand off my wrist and walked out the door. I didn’t turn back. I kept the eyes in front. 

I heard her faintly yell something. However, I ignored what she said. She wouldn’t get to me. I refused to let her. If she planned to make me regret what I’m doing, I’m up for the show. I just hoped it would be a good show.
                                                                                

---


Hours have passed since I left Hyuna’s dorm. I walked around aimlessly not knowing what to do today. I was suppose to spend today with Jiyeon, but it seems as if she has left. What was there left to do today? All the other members were busy. When I felt it has been long enough, I started to head back to the dorm. I just wanted to rest for the rest of today.

Once I opened the door to MBLAQ’s dorm, I was immediately pounced by all the members. Each one of them jumped on top of the other until we were a pile of bodies on the floor. I wondered why today they were all touchy-feely. Was it a special occasion today? I didn’t remember anything.

“Yah Joon! It’s been awhile since we’ve seen you hasn’t it?” I heard Seungho say from the top.

“What do you mean? I’m with you everyday.” I mumble underneath everyone.

“What was that?” 

“I’m here everyday.” I tried to scream past everyone on top of me, but it still was just a mumble.

“I can’t hear you still.” I heard him chuckle. “Alright, let’s get off him before he dies from lack of oxygen.”

As each member got off me, I felt relief within my body. It was nice being able to breath with hundreds of pounds pushing onto my body.

“As you were saying?” Mir chimed in.

“I’ve been with you everyday. I don’t understand what you mean.” 

“That’s a lie. You are always distant. It’s not fun being with you anymore.” Thunder spoke up.

“What are you saying? I speak to you everyday. I’m still the same Joon as before.” I sounded defensive towards their words.

“Then explain why everytime we speak you must add at the least one sentence on Jiyeon? You use to not be like this.” Seungho chimed in.

I thought for a moment. It seems as if they have been correct. For the past few weeks, all I could speak about is Jiyeon. Every conversation I would possibly remember involved Jiyeon. Have I really changed that much? I wonder why.

“Ah, it seems you are right. I’m sorry hyung. I’ll try to keep it to a minimal.” I say apologetically.

“It’s fine. Anyways, we were waiting for you. Let’s go out and eat.” 

“Actually, I’m drained out from activities I had today. I’m going to have to call a rain check on you. I’m really sorry. I’ll be leaving first then.” I walked past each member and smiled. I walked into my room and flopped onto the bed.

I looked at my phone. No calls, no text messages. I’m worried as to where Jiyeon possibly could be. She never told me she was leaving. Maybe I should call her. I looked at the time. 12:45 AM... I guess she is already asleep. I sighed. I unlocked my phone and opened my text message.

“Jiyeon, what happened today? I went to where I last left you and you were already gone. Is everything alright?” I looked it over, contemplating whether or not to send it or not. In the end, it was sent.

Within a few seconds a reply was in my inbox. It was from Jiyeon. The ends of my lips curved a little. My little rascal still wasn’t asleep. I opened the message. Please forgive me? I don’t understand why she still bothers to type that. I’ll never be mad at her. My rascal, my babo... 


Jiyeon’s POV

It has been six months since Hyomin was admitted to the hospital. There were no signs of her ever becoming conscious, but according to the doctors her condition seemed to be in a better state than when she first entered.

Within those six months, the company kept sending Hyomin around to different hospitals looking for the quickest recovery. Every hospital said the exact same words.There wasn’t anything they could do to speed the recovery, but treat her accordingly. Whether she awakens depends on her very own will to survive. 

I remember overhearing once they may replace Hyomin with a trainee. I couldn’t believe what they were saying. T-ara was suppose to be on their break as it is anyways. With Hyomin in the hospital during this period of time, it’d be considered luck on our side. I wanted to run into the room and fight them, but I knew it’d only end up in both of us being removed. 

Each night from there, I prayed for her. I prayed until the rumors of her being removed slowly faded away. After that came the moment the public was informed on Hyomin’s condition. Once it was out and about, floods of reporters came crashing at our very front door. Fans kept sending in mail and gifts wishing for a speedy recovery. 

Whenever I went to visit Hyomin I saw Wooyoung. His eyes were distant from us now. He looked restless. His worry for Hyomin was above our comprehension. You would expect T-ara to worry the most, but by the way I see it, Wooyoung is always by her side. It looks as if he even drops his activities just to stay in the hospital by Hyomin.

I never really spoken to him in the hospital. The most we would do is give each other an acknowledging nod. Afterwards, he just sat there holding her hands. I always brought her favorite flowers when I entered the hospital, hoping when she recovers she will see them first thing.

I sighed from all the thoughts of Hyomin. It still pains me inside when I think of her laying sickly in the hospital bed. I want to just remember her as the girl I perform on stage with. The older sister I never had. Someone who I can always speak to. Someone who was always by my side. The absence of Hyomin is something I couldn’t live with. I didn’t know how much longer I could survive until I broke into pieces.

A vibration broke my concentration. Now I was looking for where the source of the vibration was coming from. I checked my pockets and saw my phone having an incoming call. The caller was Hyomin... How is this possible? I answered the phone to hear Wooyoung.

“Jiyeon, come to the hospital now. You have no time to waste. Hurry!” He was panting. With that, the phone call ended.

Now, I was frightened. Could this be the moment everyone was trying to avoid? It couldn’t be... could it?

I rushed out of the room. I nearly knocked the members over, but it was to the least of my concern. All I wanted was to reach the hospital before it was too late. I called for a taxi once I reached the streets. Inside the taxi, I rapidly tapped my foot against the floor. It felt as if my luck was testing me. I felt like nearly half an hour once the taxi stopped in front of the hospital. 

I quickly placed the change on the seat and ran out. I flew into the hospital looking right to left until my eyes spotted the reception desk. I quickly ran up to the lady sitting behind the desk. Her eyes widen when she felt the rush of air blow a few pieces of paper away. She looked up to see a panic version of me.

“Excuse, where is Park Hyomin located?”

“Please give me a second.” She turned attention towards the computer. Her typing seemed relaxed. I anxiously watched her. She was scrolling down a list of patients. Once she found Hyomin’s profile, she turned back to me. “Please take a pass and you may go to room 305.”

“Thank you.” I grabbed a pass and went into the elevators. It only took two stops before I was on the floor Hyomin’s room was on.

I paced down the hallways checking each of the room numbers. “301... 303... 305!” I looked to my left and there it was. A white door slightly ajar. I quietly pushed the door opened trying to prolong the future. I wasn’t sure as to what I’d see. I needed to prepare myself.

“Jiyeon? Is that you?” Wooyoung’s voice was weak. It was much more dull than usual.

I froze. Could it possibly be true? It can’t be though. I wanted to just leave now. But, it was too late. Wooyoung already opened the door. I saw the dark circles underneath his eyes. His eyes were bloodshot red. I guess the odds weren’t in our favor this time.

I clutched onto the doorknob and slowly walked inside. Wooyoung’s hands held onto my shoulders for support. I took deep breaths in order not to cry.

Then, I saw her.

Alive and breathing.

Breathing... and alive.

Was this really the truth? I couldn’t tell. Was it possible? She lied on the bed looking straight into my eyes. A small smile formed.

“Good morning Jiyeon.” Her voice still had the sweet tone to it. 

I ran to the side of her bed. I held onto her hand and there, I broke apart. I cried. I cried. And, I cried. I slowly fell onto the ground, never letting go of her hand. She only sat there, chuckling and patting my head.

“Aigoo, look at our maknae. It’s been so long since you cried. Stop now.” She was still patting my head. I felt her try to lift me up off the ground.

“I... I thought today was the end... I really... thought.... you’d die.” My breathing was off. It seemed as if I couldn’t get enough oxygen with one breath. I was like a fish on land.

“Do you really think I am like that? Would I ever leave you?” 

“No...”

“Exactly. Stop worrying. Everything is alright now.” She wiped the tears away from my eyes and caressed my cheeks. “Jiyeon, thank you.” She pulled me into a hug.

That day, I spent it in the hospital. I sat with Hyomin informing her about everything that has happened within those months. I mentioned Wooyoung, I spoke lightly of T-ara’s new concept, however I avoided anything about replacing members. I wouldn’t put her back into shock. 

Wooyoung sat in the far corner watching both of his. He smiled as he looked at Hyomin. A few times, I noticed Hyomin stealing glances at him. Once their eyes met each other, I saw their cheeks burn and they quickly darted away.

“Excuse me. May I speak to Park Jiyeon?” 

I looked away from Hyomin and saw the head doctor in our room. I got off my seat and released Hyomin’s hand. I followed the doctor out of the room.

“Please shut the door.”

As I closed the door, I heard him ruffle through his papers. When I looked back, I saw a piece of paper held out towards me. I collected the paper and read it. This was the payment. 

“Is this it?” I faintly asked him.

“I’m sorry for placing the burden upon your shoulders, but we must inform you of Ms. Park’s condition. First of all, we learned her coma wasn’t caused by any damage to her head physically, but rather mentally. It is possible there was too much stress on her mind she suddenly fell into a coma. Although it is not a common cause, this was what was discovered. Is there anything we need to be informed about causing the stress?”

I looked into his eyes. I understood what was troubling Hyomin. Our company. I shook my head. “There is nothing I can possibly think of.”

“Is that so? Well, I must inform you, if you aren’t speaking the truth, it could cause her to fall into another coma. As it is right now, she is weak. Her mind cannot take anymore stress before she will fall into another coma. However, she may not be lucky this time. It is even possible it may cause the end of her.”

“What can I do in order to avoid this?”

“We suggest that you carefully watch over her. If you ever notice she is beginning to get stressful, give her two doses of the medicine I am about to give you. It should calm her down from her current state.” I nodded my head indicating my comprehension. “We also kindly ask for you to keep a daily log of how she feels. If she ever mentions she feels light headed, dizzy, or like symptoms, please immediately bring her to the hospital. Also, make sure she eats. Dieting is not going to help her health in any way. That is all.” He slight bows to me and walks away.

I slid against the wall. How is this going to be possible? I’m the youngest of all the members, yet I am holding the most responsibility. I didn’t know whether or not I will be able to handle it.

I thought about everything the doctor said. I absorbed everything I needed in order to keep Hyomin with us. “Dieting...” How was that going to be possible. Hyomin is always on a diet. Being an idol, she needs to keep her frame, but she isn’t allowed to diet. Will our company make a fuss about this as well.

Worries begin to float throughout my mind. I didn’t know how or what I am going to do, but I had to find a way before I walked back into that room. I needed a plan which would work. I need to make Hyomin work less vigorously and eat complete meals. But she can’t be caught by the agency. After several minutes, I finally concluded to my plan. “I really hope it will work.”

I open the door with a wide smile. Hyomin stares at me weirdly. She looks over to Wooyoung, who was now besides her. They both looked at me with questioning stares. I just continued to smile at them.

“Jiyeon, is something wrong? What did the doctor say?” Hyomin looked at me worriedly.

“Nothing. He just told me that you will be perfectly fine. In fact, I think he said you were going to be released today.” 

Her face lightened up. I knew she really wanted to leave the hospital. Who would want to after six months, conscious or not. A hospital has that creepy feeling to it.

“Hyomin, please be cooperative with me, okay?” I thought in my head.

 

---

A/N: I know, I know. It's been past 10 days. I'm sorry. I will try to write more. I feel as if I may end this story early, however. I will try to write more chapters, but as we speak, I am not sure how to make this story interesting. But for you, I will try my best! However, my best may not be the best... lol. It's all a matter of perspective.

 

Aside from that, I am planning on writing a Wooyoung/Hyomin fan fiction after this. This time, I actually have a plot that it will follow. I just need to decide how the story will be written. So basically, I have the main idea and the ended sorted out. I know what the plot will be, but it's what will happen in between I must decide. Perhaps I should type the entire story out before I post it? I'm not sure.

 

Anyways, so, GUESS WHAT. T-ara's official fanclub is QUEEN'S. (How ist... what about males like me? D:) Whatever I guess... maybe King's will get attached to it one way... Not exactly sure. Now, the funniest part of all of this. So, I'm pretty sure you know I am a huge fan of B2ST, so their fandom is B2UTY. As I said before, T-ara's is QUEEN'S. So now, mash that together and I'm a QUEEN'S B2UTY or a B2UTY QUEEN'S. However you'd like it to be. Isn't that funny, yet awkward? xD

 

Well, that's enough. Please show this story love through your supportful comments. Don't be shy! I love every single thing you have to say. Critical critisim is strongly needed/wanted. Please tell me what you think and how I can improve. I will work harder on this story. Thank you for following. Please share this story to friends as well.. keke ;)