Chapter 8

Sun, Please Shine Again

 

Junhyung's POV

A bright light seeped through the curtains. I rolled myself around, but the light seemed to follow me. I decided to put my pillow over my head, but at that moment, someone removed it. 

"Yah! Wae?" I was not a morning person at all. I was fine around noon, but this was way too early for me to wake up.

"Hyung! Wake up. It's time to go to the gym. You promised you would."

I stirred around. "We will go later. Let me rest." I waved my hand signaling him to leave.

"Hyung..." His voice became close hoarse.

"Kikwang?" I waited for his response. Instead I heard quiet sniffles. I got up from my bed and stood in front of him. His head faced down. "Aish. Arraso. We'll go now." 

His head lifted up. "Jeongmalyo?" there were no tear stains on his face. His eyes weren't puffy at all. 

"Yah! You pretended to cry? Jjinja." I flared my nostrils. "Are we going now?"

"Ah, dae!" He got up and gave me one of his eye smiles. "Kamsahmnida hyung."

I slowly got out of my bed and slugged across the room. I had no intentions of waking up this early just to exercise. I wondered what devil took over me in order to make me agree to Kikwang's exercise needs. Oh well... I suppose I could work on getting abs for my fans. 

Once I reached the bathroom, I placed my arms on the sink's counter and stared into the mirror. 

"Ah, jjinja, look at how dark my eyes are getting. I'm still only in my twenties... I should still look young."

It's uncommon to hear most men care about their skin, but secretly my appearance meant a lot to me. If I couldn't present myself well to everyone, they would have a bad image of me. The last thing an idol could wish for is a bad image.

I looked at myself in the mirror carefully. My eyes were swollen. It seemed much smaller than usual. The bags beneath my eyes have darken much more as well. Without the makeup, I would basically look like a ghost. My pores have become larger as well. You couldn't see them unless you looked carefully, but it was visable to me. 

I couldn't continue looking at myself in the mirror. I couldn't look much longer. I was about to slightly go insane due to my image. I dot know what exactly made my skin turn this way, but whatever it was, I needed to get rid of it in order to maintain my image.

"Hyung, palli pa!" Kikwang said through the door.

I took my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth. Once that was done, I washed my face and fixed my hair. Once I opened the door, there was a surprise waiting for me.

"Yah! What are you doing?" I jumped from the shock of seeing Kikwang so close to me. With the few centimeters which separated us apart from each other, I started feeling a little uncomfortable. 

"You take so long in the bathroom. Let's go to the gym already!" He whined like a little kid. At the moment, he seemed like Yoseob. I couldn't have two Yoseobs in my life. One was already hard enough to handle!

"Arraso. Let me change and we will leave." I headed to my room. I looked through my closet and chose the clothes which seemed the most comfortable to walk around in. 

Once I was done, we left for the gym. Kikwang was happily enjoying himself that I finally went to the gym, but I was crying inside. I didn't like exercising, at all.


Jiyeon’s POV

“Jiyeon-ah, you need to stop sitting around!” Joon kept tugging at my arm.

“Waeyo? I’m so tired...” I continued to slump in my seat as he tried to pull me up.

“You said you liked sports!” He strained trying to get me up.

“I don’t like it when I don’t want to do it!” I shook his hand off of my arms. I sat back up in my seat and glared at him. “Why do you want me to exercise now, out of all days, anyways?”

“There’s no particular reason. I just thought that today was a nice day to go out.” He looked off to the side. Within a second however, he turned right back to me. “Why do you need to know?”

“It just seems too out of the blue. You usually don’t care much about my diet. In fact, you are the one who tells me to eat more!” 

“Well, I noticed you need to balance better. You’re going to grow a big stomach if you do not exercise.” He grinned at me. 

“Babo... Let me grow a big stomach! At least I’ll know I’ve been eating well.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Ai... jjinja, you really have no shame do you?” He scratch his head.

“Aniyo.” I smiled. “As an idol I have learned, pride means nothing. Fans like you for being yourself, not a fake image that companies try to make you.” I looked to the side.

“Ah, jjina? You sounded quite impressive right there. Who told you that?” He smiled.

I glared at him once again. “Yah! You think I can’t say those stuff myself? Ah, really, you are really frustrating!” I took a pillow off the couch and threw it at him. 

He laughed. “Arraso. I’m sorry. That was mean of me to do, but you have to admit, your reaction is priceless.” 

I continued to fold my arms across my chest and glare at him. Did he really think it was that funny? It was a little mean he thought I was uncreative. 

“Ah! Aegyo! You look like a little kid right now.” He reached towards my cheeks and pinched them. “So squishy. What products do you use?” He continued to play with my cheeks.

“Ah jjinja!” I slapped his hands away from my face. “Arraso, I’ll go exercise with you.” I walked away. Once I was close to my door, I turned back around. “You’re such a little kid.” I stuck my tongue out at him and walked into my room. Outside my door, I heard him mocking me. I must admit, it was cute. Not entirely cute however, but to a certain extent it was cute.  

Once I came out my room, Joon immediately jumped off the couch and ran to me. His eyes gleamed with glee. I could tell he was extremely glad I agreed to exercise today. Truth is, Joon is obsessed with exercising. Whenever he can, he will pick something up and train. He doesn’t show it often to the public, but to his close friends, he seemed like he had an addiction. 

“Kaja!” He smiled at me and held my hand. I held onto his hand without much thought. In an instant, I was dragged across the room.

 

 

***

 

Once we arrived at the gym, Joon took me to the treadmill. Around five to ten treadmills were lined up in front of huge windows looking out to the streets. Did I mention, the gym was on the fifth floor of a building? 

“Since you’re still new to this, you can just run. I’ll be right over there, okay?” He let go of my hand and ran to another machine.

T-ara usually exercised through our dance routines. Going to the gym was usually not an option for us, as we had busy schedule. On days, such as today, when we had time for ourselves, we would never think of exercising. Yet, I was dragged to the gym. I’ve been to the gym before, however, I was not familiar enough to the equipments. Luckily, I knew what the treadmill was. 

I stepped on the treadmill, however there was a minor problem. I couldn’t turn it on. I didn’t know what I had to used to turn the treadmill on. My first attempt for using the treadmill was to push the belt using my feet. I held onto the bars and started to push my feet backwards. Much to my surprise, it actually worked.

“Omo!” I screamed out in joy. I began to run, but then it stopped moving. I stared at it confused. “Ah, jjinja.” I scratched my forehead and began to push backwards again. I continued this for maybe thirty seconds before someone stopped me. 

“Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but are you having a problem with the treadmill?” 

“Oh... dae.” I looked over and say a man. He looked like any average man you would meet on the streets. He had little to no acne. His hair was normal length. The color was a mix of brown and red. However, I couldn’t see his eyes, There were shades blocking them.

However, for some reason, I felt weird around him. It felt as if I already knew him from before. This certain vibe came off of him. It was something I could never forget. I knew this feeling... I knew who this man was.

“Yong Junhyung. It’s you isn’t it?” I stared at him, trying to see past the shades blocking his eyes.

He remained silent. He placed an orange magnet onto a key slot for the treadmill. Before I could react, the belt began to move. I started to fall over. I prepared myself for the pain of my body slamming on the ground. Instead, I felt hands hold my head above the ground. I looked up and say his eyes. 

“Wae? Why did you not let me fall? It seems like that would be the right thing to do, considering what I’ve done to you.” 

“Do you think it matters what you did? It pains me more seeing you hurt, rather than myself being hurt.”

“Junhyung... stop being like this.” I got up from the ground. I began to dust my clothes.

“Being like what?” He slowly rose up from the ground.

“Stop being like my boyfriend. We broke up already. You can’t continue being like this. Aren’t you afraid of what the press may say? Seducing someone’s girlfriend? Doesn’t it frighten you what may be said about B2ST members?” I stared at him.

“Seducing... do you really think saving you is considered seducing?” He stared at me in disbelief. 

“I didn’t say I thought of it that way, but the press may.”

“Tell me, where do you see the press? Where do you see anyone who is going to take a picture?” His voice began to get louder.

I didn’t say anything. I just crossed my arm and stared to the side. 

“Why are you being like this? What did I ever do to you Jiyeon? Have I ever broke my promise I made with you? Do you even think about what you say?” He slowly began to walk away.

I watched him while he walked. I sighed. If he was to be around for any longer, it was possible he may have seen me cry. I looked at the treadmill. A perfectly innocent machinery caused my day to turn into this mess. I took my stuff and walked out the gym.

 

Hyomin’s POV

“Hyomin-ah! Are you ready to go?”

I felt someone place there hands on my shoulders. I looked over and saw Wooyoung. A slight smile appeared on my face. 

“Dae. Where are we going though?” 

“Oh... just somewhere. Come on, let’s go!” He held my hand. 

We walked hand in hand to the parking lot. Today was a nice sunny day, yet the weather man said it would be raining today. I didn’t know whether or not I should’ve gotten an umbrella. Wooyoung opened the front door of his car and closed it behind me. I watched as he walked to the driver’s side.

“Wooyoung-ah, I thought you didn’t have a car.” I asked him once he sat down.

“Ah... this is Taecyeon’s. He allowed me to use the car this one time.” He placed the key in it’s slot. He the engine and began to drive in reverse. 

On the road, there weren’t many other cars. In fact, it was less crowded than usual. Seoul usually had a lot of traffic. I wonder what was making the traffic disappear. I’m pretty sure nothing important was today.

An hour flew by and we still were sitting in the car. There was an awkward silence between us. “Um... how’s 2PM promotions doing?” 

I must’ve caught him surprised because he slightly jumped from his seat. “Oh, ah... 2PM is doing fine. It’s a little hectic moving back and forth between Korea and Japan, but I think we are doing it successfully. What about T-ara?”

"T-ara is doing well domestically and in Japan. Roly-Poly is still on the K-Charts at #2 and our name is spreading around Japan. I'm quite proud of the members. They've stayed strong." 

"Omo. Chukahae! I'm happy for you Hyomin. You, as well as T-ara, really deserve a break after all this work." He smiled at me and looked back to where he was driving.

"Gomawo." I didn't know what else to talk about. I just stared out the window, watching cars pass by. 

We weren't in Seoul anymore. We were in a more rural area. There were much more green fields and trees. It was nice to see a different scenery for once. After being around so many buildings, to see the country side was a relief. I felt much more relaxed.

"Wooyoung, I don't think we need to use the air conditioner anymore. Opening the windows will probably do just as well." 

"Arraso." He turned the A\C off and began to lower the windows. "Ah, jjinja, the air is amazing here." He took a deep breath. 

"It makes you feel more relaxed doesn't it? I wish we got to breath this well everyday." I let myself feel the wind blowing through my hair. 

I slowly let my eyes close. Before I knew it, I was asleep. Yet, for what felt like only five seconds, I heard someone whisper in my ears.

"Hyomin-ah, we are at our destination." I heard Wooyoung's voice.

I slowly opened my eyes. I saw clear blue water in front of me. There was pure white sand right before me. Seagulls could be heard along with the sound of the crashing ocean water. The breeze here felt amazing. 

Wooyoung slowly let him down onto the sand. When my feet touched the ground, I couldn't believe what it felt like. The sand was shell free. My feet sunk down into the sand. It was not something I often felt. I cherished this moment. I began to run towards the water. 

"Hyomin-ah! Wait for me!" Wooyoung began to run after me. Before we knew it, we were both in the water playing around. We both splashed each other. The time flew by quickly. Before we knew it, the sun slowly set. We both sat on the sand and watched the sun slowly sink beneath the water.

Once the moon rised, we walked along the shore line, hand in hand. He sang quietly to me. As we walked, I kicked the sand up and made marks. The wet sand stayed between my toes. I slowly laid my head onto his shoulders.

"Gomawo, Wooyoung. Today was really the best day." 

"Ah, it was really nothing." He looked over at me and smiled. "Shall we start heading back to Seoul?" 

"Aniyo... let's stay here a little longer. I want to stay here with you for a little longer." We walked back to where the sand was dry. We both sat down. I laid down on him. My eyes slowly began to shut. 

"Wooyoung-ah, gomawo. ~"

--- 
A/N: Okay, so, I'm probably the worst author in history! I can't believe I haven't updated in forever! I'm extremely sorry. 

So, anyways, this chapter I feel is a little lacking, since there really wasn't any , unless the Jiyeon/Junhyung interaction was considered dramatic... I wasn't that sure as to how to end it, honestly. I was deciding to end it dramatically, or to just keep it sweet. As you've read, I just kept it nice and simple. I will try to make up for the package in my nest update, so please be looking out for it!

NOW, the serious stuff. Are any of you outraged by Kim Kwang Soo's decision on T-ara? I'm extremely ticked off. I don't understand how he can simply just changed T-ara's line up, AGAIN. He is letting 3 new members join (rumored) and also perhaps exchanging members (also rumored) right before their first solo concert? These 7 girls have worked theirselves off for over a two years to get that concert and a fanclub, yet he will let these new members get it without even a year in the group? Is that just messed up or what? Also, making T-ara 8-10 members? Like... REALLY? Why so many? Are you crazy? Then, only 7 members debut at a time, according to who worked the hardest? Is he trying to start a rivialry in the group? Making members fight to be on the stage will just disband them quicker... I really hope this is just a big prank or so. If he changes T-ara anymore, I wouldn't be surprised to see KKS being affected big time. #7arastaytogether

** Sorry for my rant. I don’t know if any of you reads it, but don't be afraid to post what you think in th comments! ^^

*** I'll be stopping the highlighting who says what... It sometimes spoil who the person is, as well as dizzing. It also is a pain looking for the right colors each time x___x ;; I hope you understand!

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!