Chapter 5

Sun, Please Shine Again

 

 Junhyung POV

"Hyung! Hurry up. Soon the tickets will be sold out!" Yoseob grabbed my arm and began to drag me forward.

"Why are you so worried?" I coolly asked him.

"Hyung... why are you so heavy? I can't... Even get you moving." He released my arm and panted. "Aish... go on a diet."

I let out a laugh. I placed an arm around his shoulders and walked forward. "You are very lucky you're my friend." I ruffled his hair and ran forward.

"Yah! I had my hair done! Look what you did..." He started to fix his hair with a pout on his face.

"Ah, jjinja." I let out a sigh. He still fixed his hair with a sad expression. "You look fine. Stop worrying."

He glanced up at me. "Jeungmalyo? Gomawo hyung!" He skipped forward and laughed.

"Jjinja... all you wanted to hear was that?" I playfully chocked his neck.

I had to admit, Yoseob was an extremely cute boy. But, that doesn't mean I loved him the way I loved Jiyeon. Yoseob was more like a brother to me. Being honest, I use to find Yoseob as an annoying, preppy child. He was extremely clingy and full of smiles. It's not a bad thing to ways be happy, but it got on my nerves. One day, though, shocking news was given to me. Yoseob was the only person was comforted me the whole way.

That was when I began to see him in a new light. From there, I started to tolerate him more. I began to see him as a genuine person. He definitely was one in a kind. There is something special within him, something so precious, it'd be horrible if it was broken. What it was, I don't really know, but whatever it is, I will protect it.

"Hyung... what are you thinking about?" He stared into my eyes. His eyebrows were scrunching closer together as he tilted his head.

"Ah... it was nothing important. Let's get going. You didn't want the tickets to be sold out." I wrapped an arm around his waist.

The walk there was tiring, but we still managed to make it to the amusement park. Once we walked into the park, Yoseob's eyes immediately grew 10x larger than before. His eyes sparkled and glistened.

Okay, now before anyone asks, yes, there were many people taking our pictures. I was sure there were at least 10 different fan cafés and magazines which took our picture. This time, though, it wasn't exactly what people call fan-service. Everyone will probably see it as that, but this time it was more of a self-service, I suppose.

Back to before I started thinking, Yoseob looked up to the building and rides with awe. He spun around amazed, as I'd he never went to an amusement park before. He looked as if he was a 5 year old, with all of his actions, not that I was complaining.

"Hyung! Let's ride that rollercoaster!" He pulled my arm and dragged me towards the huge structure.

"Are you sure Yoseob? I don't know if you can handle it..." I tried to warn Yoseob.

"Dae! I'm not scared. Wae?" He still continued to walk to the line in front of the rollercoaster.

"I was... just... making sure."

I took a big breath and air and gulped. A rollercoaster. This was going to be my death. I know, it's weird, me, Junhyung, being scared of a rollercoaster, while Yoseob can face it with no problem. Well, the only excuse I can come up with is everyone has their own frights. This was only one of my many though. There are many things that can scare me, but perhaps I shouldn't be saying all this.

I took another deep breath. We were right in front of the rollercoaster. My breathing became uneven now. I swallowed my saliva and walked forward.

If I never come back you'll know where to find me...


 
Jiyeon POV

"Could the rest of the day continue on like this?" I thought to myself.

Joon was walking me back to T-ara's dorm by now. We could've taken the bus, but I thought walking would give me more time to clear my mind. Yet, my mind was still as compact as before. I still suffered from the pain I felt earlier. It was this painful, annoying feeling. It was indescribable how uncomfortable it felt. It was worst than average pain. It felt more like the pain when you regret making a certain action.

I honestly didn't know what here was to regret though. What I told Junhyung, I meant. As of now, my relationship status is with Joon. The Junhyung/Jiyeon era was now long over. I knew I couldn't have felt regretful.

Perhaps it may have been his sad expression? I always did feel bad whenever someone was hurt by me. Especially when they place their sad face on. That must have been it! With that, my troubles slowly started to fade away. My delightful personality slowly came back. All I'd need to tell Junhyung was sorry. After that, I shouldn't feel anything at all.

I let out a little chuckle and smiled. I saw Joon staring at me without moving his head. I must've seemed weird suddenly smiling and chuckling. How embarrassing that must be! Yet, I didn't feel embarrassed... I felt joyful. I linked arms with Joon and intertwined our fingers.

"Namja chingu! Let's go somewhere. Maybe a movie?" I lay my head onto his arm.

"Arraso. Are you feeling better?" He looked down towards me.

"Much. Gomawo Joon-ah." I smiled at him.

I heard a sigh fall from his lips. "It's not problem." He looked to the side, then back at me. "What movie would you like to see?"

"Hmm... Gisaeng Ryung?" I suggested.

"Jiyeon-ah... you know that is a horror movie, correct? Also, you are too young to watch it." He had a point. The movie was rated 19 and up, yet I am only 18. That was just my luck. When I want to support Hyomin unnie's movie, it is impossible.

"Should we just rent a movie instead?" There was no other movie in the theaters that attracted me.

"Okay. Are we watching at your dorm? Or would you like to sit with my members?" From his eyes, I could see him begging to go to T-ara's dorm. I let out a little laugh before responding.

"We can go to my dorm." I swear, I heard a small sigh of relief slip out of his mouth. "I don't get why to don't want to let me see the MBLAQ oppas. You never let me visit your dorm." I whined.

"It's not that. It's just... I prefer yours." There was small pause. "What movie will we be renting?" He changed the topic as quickly as possible.

“Hmm... let’s choose when we get there.”

***

“Umma...” The voice was sincere. Her voice was sweet and soft.

I sat next to Joon. Tears were falling down from my eyes to my chin. I slowly laid my head onto his arms. He broke his concentration from the screen and looked at me.

“Aigoo. You are crying that much already?” He caressed my face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. “Don’t cry anymore.” He smiled at me.

I smiled back. “I can only try.”

He yawned and started to get up from the couch. “Do you want anything to drink?” He was walking towards the fridge.

“Aniyo.” My eyes were glued onto the screen again. Tears slowly welled up in my eyes again. never knew this movie was going to make me cry this much. I heard it was touching, but I didn’t expect it to be this touching.

The side of the couch slumped back down after Joon sat down. “Aigoo... you are crying again. Ottoke?” He slung his arm around me and started drinking his soda.

When the movie ended, Joon’s head was against mine. He feel asleep while watching, yet he was still holding onto his soda. I was afraid to wake him up. I slowly moved, trying not to make any drastic change. He winced and moved his head away. I got up from the couch and took the soda from him.

I placed his drink on the kitchen table and began to cook food for dinner. Okay, so, let’s review what I mean by cooking. Cooking meant boiling water. That’s all I can do. I still never once learned how to cook a proper meal. If I am left alone, such like now, there is a box of ramen just for me. That’s all I can feed people and myself. Especially myself.

“I should cook for Joon as well...” I thought to myself. I hope he doesn’t mind eating ramen.”

I went into the small cabinet where the ramen was. I grabbed two bags and two bowls. I placed the noodles inside the bowl along with the vegetables and soup base. When the kettle started to make a noise, I turned the fire off and poured the water into the bowls. I set both bowls onto the kitchen table. I placed a spoon and chopsticks to the side of the bowls.

I walked over to where Joon slept soundlessly. I debated back and forth in my head whether I should wake him up or let him be. When the image of the noodles popped up in my head, my arm reached out and shook him.

“Oppa, wake up. It’s time to eat.” I shook his arm.

His eyes still weren’t open widely, but he stirred his head back and forth. The stretched the cutest way possible. His waking up stretch wasn’t manly at all, but like a child’s. I wanted to pinch his cheeks at how adorable it looked.

“Jiyeon... what are we going to eat?” It was evident that he was still tired. He still slumped on the couch with his eyes closed.

I wonder if I told him what we’re eating he’ll pass. “If you wake up you’ll see what it is.” I thought that this was quite cunning.

“Can’t you just tell me?”

“Andwae. That would ruin the surprise.”

“Aish...” He rubbed his eyes and got up from the couch. He walked into the kitchen and saw the two bowls of ramen. “This is our dinner?”

I smiled. “Of course it is! What did you expect me to make?” I chuckled.

He let out a soft smile. “You should really learn to cook other type of food. We’re growing unhealthy because of you. Baboya.” He pushed his thumb on my forehead.

“Yah! I’m not a babo. You’re the babo! Babo.” I fought back with him in such a childish way. Yet, I still felt comfortable. Around Joon, I didn’t have to force myself to be mature. I was just myself. Let loose and free. He never judged me, and well, he quite much was like me. Both childish and never having a problem with it.

"That was mean." He poutted. In a couple of seconds, he let out a laugh and stuck his tounge out at me. "Merong."

We both sat down and saw the noodles start to bloat. "Omo... ottoke? Our noodles are becoming bloated. I'll make a new one."

"Aniyo. I'll eat it." He took the chopsticks and began to dig in. "Are you going to eat yours?" He already took my bowl and started to eat my noodles as well.

I let out a little sigh. "What am I supposed to eat now?" I scoffed at him. "See? You're the babo." I let out a laugh. I watched him eat his dinner.

He, no doubt, was gorgeous. He was my type of guy. He had the muscles, he knows to use ageyo at times and he had a charming smile. What else would I have needed when he had everything? My ears traced his facial figures. When I reached his lips, I felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

I jerked away and stood up from the table. It must have made him curious because he looked away from the noodles. He stared at me with his mouth full. I watched his cheeks move up and down as he chewed. His eyebrows furrowed to the center. He looked at me with curiosity.

"Gwenchanayo?" His mouth was still full. His voice came out a little muffled.

"Dae." I went into the living room and sat on the couch.

His eyes trailed along with me. He watched me walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. When I sat down, that's when he looked back at his bowl of noodles.

I don’t know why I was acting this way. I’ve seen his lips before... but this time it was different.

Why?

What was the problem?

Was it because we still didn’t have our first kiss yet?
 
---
A/N: Omo... Sorry for not updating past a week! I know that this chapter may have been lacking, but I sort of though there should have been a small "release" before it became dramatic. This chpater is sort of like a way to let go of the tension and help build up more knowledge on the character. 
 
This week and next week I will be extremely busy though. I have a test, which is extremely important for determining the next few years of my life, and I have to study like crazy. I will still try to type the next chapter when I am given the chance. Aside from that, today was the release of SNSD's music video for "The Boys"!
 
If you haven't watched it: 
 
 
Also, a few days ago, not that long, Secret revealed their music video "Love is Move"
 
If you haven't watched it:
 
 
** All rights are given to the company and uploader.