Chapter 10

Sun, Please Shine Again

 

Jiyeon's POV

I left the hospital worried that night. I knew Hyomin was a strong person, but there was always a possibility it may have been the end. I was walking down the streets, when I saw a bench. There was a small square in the middle of the street. Four benches were placed along the outskirts. In a middle lied a fountain. The water was suspended inside the bowl. 

I went to the bench and sat down. People were staring at me with puzzled faces. I just closed my eyes and folded my hands. I bent over so that my head hovered above my hands. I quietly prayed for Hyomin to survive. 

For a prayer that usually only lasts a minute, I spent several. I did not want to take any risks. I kept praying repeatedly. I never stopped for one second. I felt myself begin to weaken inside. The thought of Hyomin in the hospital slowly killed me. Not knowing what is happening to Hyomin... I couldn't handle it on my own. 

I got up from the bench and walked back to the dorm. I didn't notice the distance I walked because of my preoccupied mind. I didn't know how to exactly explain to the members Hyomin's well being. I couldn't quite understand it myself. I decided, maybe I would keep it a secret today. Until I had more detail, I wouldn't speak a word of it to them.

I opened the door to be pranced on my the rest of the members. Everyone was pulling me to the couch in our living room. Each one of them crowded around me bombarding me with questions. 

“Yah Park Jiyeon, where were you this late in the middle of the night?” 

“Why didn’t you tell any of us?”

“Do you know what could’ve happened?”

I sat there still. I didn’t know what to say. If I mentioned Hyomin to them, I’d have to face telling them what happened. I wasn’t even clearly sure, so how would I answer them anyways? If I lied, it’ll not end well. Eventually, they will learn about Hyomin and see straight through my lies. In the end what did I have left to say?

“Why aren’t you responding to us?” 

“Mianhae. I’ll be leaving first.” I quietly got off the couch and went inside my room. I climbed onto my bed and hugged my pillow. Slowly, one tear drop at a time, I let out silent cries. I really wished at moments like these I could have been someone who was strong, but it was impossible. I, simplest way to put it, would never be strong. 

The night passed by slowly. I twirled around on my bed. I never once felt comfortable in any position. I wanted to be reassured what happened to Hyomin. Not knowing exactly what happened, it slightly drove me crazy.

I reached over to the counter. I picked my phone up and looked for any messages. There wasn’t anything. “Wooyoung-ah... please take care of Hyomin.” I held my phone close to me. I hoped for any moment there would be a message. 

To my surprise, in a few minutes time, I got a message. I quickly looked at my phone. I slowly became disappointed. Rather than Wooyoung, it was Joon. I opened the message.

“Jiyeon, what happened today? I went to where I last left you and you were already gone. Is everything alright?” 

I thought back to the fight inside the gym. I didn’t bother to get myself fueled up again. I just let out a big sigh. I replied back, “Sorry, an incident occurred. Please forgive me.”

I turned my phone off afterwards and placed it inside the drawer. I closed my eyes hoping for sleep to hit me.

Junhyung’s POV

I couldn’t believe that girl. How would anyone in the world think I was seducing her? I haven’t reached that low before and I never planned to. Those absurd words truly angered me. I didn’t even know how it was possible for me be this annoyed. I punched the wall next to me.

“Argh!” I punched it two more times. I took a deep breath. I should stop. Harming other people’s property could lead to an issue. I didn’t need any of this to occur. 

When I was about to leave the gym, I saw Joon. There was a bitter taste in my mouth. I slowly walked up to him and punch him across the face. The impact of his cheekbone against my knuckles gave me slight satisfaction. However the response I was given was the best thing.

With his quick reflexes, he punched me back. Except this time, it was in my upper region. The pain shot up from between my legs. My hand cupped the throbbing area. I fell to the ground the next instant. This was an unbearable pain. What made it hurt even more was the fact I started it.

"Yah! What was that for?" I heard Joon yelling at me. "What have I done to you? Are you crazy?" 

I couldn't respond to him. I continued to pant from the pain. "Y... You... You better... Watch out." I managed to say with deep breaths. 

"What? Watch out for what?" He was getting ticked off. "Yah, answer me! What are you talking about?"

"Jiyeon... You better... Watch your back... Carefully." 

I heard him scoff. "What makes you think you could get her... Tch, you were the one who let her go. Face it, you are nothing to Jiyeon anymore." He bent down to see me face to face. With only centimeters separating us, he repeated, "Nothing."

Right there and then I had the urge to punch him. However, I couldn't bring myself to it. I did not want to feel anymore pain. This pain would probably last for the rest of the day anyways. I just tried my best to get back on my feet and leave.

I wasn't standing up straight. I was limping. I could’ve been seen as a helpless dog. No matter how much pain it was for me to stand straight, I would risk it. I couldn’t let the media see me as a weak, helpless man. This would’ve destroyed my idol image. 

I whimpered from the pain. I walk at a slow speed. My crotch was burning with pain. It felt as if I was dead, yet I had to suffer from after effects. All I wanted to do was go back to the dorm and lay something cold between my legs. That was the only motivation I had left to continue walking.


The door was only a few inches away now. It was only a few steps away. I held my hand out to the doorknob. Once I felt it hit contact, I went inside and fell to the floor. I laid there breathing heavily. I slid myself into the kitchen. 

My arm was not long enough to open our freezer. I kept stretching, but I couldn’t make it. I gave up. I just let myself lay on the ground. The pain, it should be gone within a few minutes... I hoped.


 

Joon’s POV


I didn’t know what was happening. Why did Junhyung just come up and punch me suddenly? I didn’t bother him at all after our last encounter. My cheek was bright red. His punch was much stronger than I expected. I didn’t know of that strength he had inside of him. 

I heard my cell phone ring. I checked the caller I.D. Hyuna. I wonder what she wanted right now. I quickly answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Joon... I need you.”

“Why? Is everything okay?” I was a little more rushed than usual. 

“Joon... Please come quickly.” There was a silence.

“Hello?” There was no respond. “Hello? Hyuna!” I look at my phone. She already had hung up.

I was halfway out the door when I remembered Jiyeon. I went back inside searching for her. She wasn’t by the treadmill any longer. Did she choose a different machine? I walked back and forth the gym looking for Jiyeon, but it seemed as if she had left already. I let out a sigh.

I left the gym hoping Jiyeon already left. I ran into my car and started the engine. Once it roared, I immediately stepped onto the gas pedal. The car tires squeak against the concrete before it movies. I drove at a dangerously quick speed trying to rush to Hyuna. I didn’t want to risk being late... for anything.


“Hyuna!” I knocked on the door. No one was opening the dorm’s door. I pounded my fist against the door again. “Hyuna. It’s Joon! Open the door.” I waited a few seconds before banging on the door again.

The door slowly opened. I saw her fiery red hair through the crack of the door. I could smell her perfume from where I stood. However, she didn’t greet me like she usually did.

“Hyuna.” I pushed the door open. I saw a pale faced girl at the door. This wasn’t the Hyuna I knew. “Yah! What’s wrong with you?” 

I rushed into the door and grabbed her arm. I moved us to the sofa and sat us down. I touched her face. It was burning.

“Yah, what are you doing? You’re burning. Why didn’t you take care of yourself?” I was about to get up to get medicine when I felt her tug on my arm.

“Joon. Stop being like this.” Her voice was weaker than when she spoke to me on the phone.

“Doing what?”

“Stop looking after me.”

I stood there. I didn’t have words for her. Slowly, my mouth dropped. 

“Weren’t you the one who called me over here?”

“I thought I could handle it, but it seems I can’t. I thought I could, but I simply can’t.” She looked to the floor.

“Handle what? Why are you suddenly acting so strange?” My voice got higher.

“I thought I could handle my love for you!” There was a pregnant pause. “I realized I can’t... Please go.”

I walked back to the sofa and sat next to her. I held onto her hands. “Yah, babo. Don’t say such things.”

She pulled her hands away from mine. She slowly got up from the sofa and looked down on me. I stared up into her eyes. I saw tears stand in her eyes.

“If I asked you to leave Jiyeon, would you?” She whispered.

“Hyuna... don’t be crazy.” I said in a relaxed tone.

“Answer my question. Would you do that for me?” 

I just stared into her pain filled eyes. She knew that I loved Jiyeon dearly, but I also promised to watch after her. How did she expect me to just choose between them like that?

“You know I can’t.”

“You have to. Choose. Me or her?”

I took a deep breath...






“Her.”

 

---

A/N: I understand if you dislike this chapter! I'm extremely sorry if that is the case. I will work harder! Please continue to show my story love :)

 

To all the Hyuna fans, I'm truly sorry. I've decided to place her into my story as the villain... I know... cliche. I'm really sorry!

 

Anyways, so I really would love to hear your feedback. Please tell me what you think of the chapter and send feedback! Comment and enjoy ~ Thank you ^_^