Chapter 7

Sun, Please Shine Again

PLEASE EXCUSE MY ERRORS, IF THERE ARE. I DID NOT HAVE THE TIME TO PROOF READ THIS CHAPTER. I had to fix everything twice... so I may have missed stuff T____T"

--------

Chapter 7

Jiyeon POV

I looked straight at the floor. I didn't dare move my eyes away just because I was afraid to look at Joon again. I was extremely embarrassed. Okay, so you all may be thinking, what is there to be embarrassed about? But the truth is, there's everything for me to be embarrassed about. If someone say us walking and decided to ask, "When was your first kiss?" it would become awkward because we never even got close to kissing!  It may not bother him, but to me, it was something to obsess over.

Okay, I admit I may have been over-dramatic. I wasn't really embarrassed... How should I put it then? Perhaps I was more dumbfounded by how close his lips were? Either way, I was still afraid to look at him and see his lips again. It would just be...

"Jiyeon?" His soft voice called out to me.

I turned my head to see he was now right next to me. "D-Dae?" My eyes fell down to his lips again. No matter how hard I tried to move my eyes away from his lips, it stayed locked in place.

"I have to head back home. Tomorrow MBLAQ has to practice for their concert at dawn."

"Ah.. arraso."

"Bye bye." He smiled cheekily to me and waved. I just smiled back to him. I watched him leave the dorm and close the door. When I heard the click from the door I slumped back down into the couch.

"Ahhhhhh!" I screamed to the top of my lungs. I messed with my hair. I needed something to take my mind off of Joon. Something that would distract me. Anything.

"Ding dong ~"

I looked up. "Who could it be?" I got up from the couch and walked to the door. Through the porthole I saw the mailman. I quickly opened the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo." He greeted me. "I have a package for Park Hyomin. Is she home?" [Annyeonghaseyo = Hello]

"Oh.. aniyo. I can give it to her though." I smiled to him. He smiled back at me and gave me his notepad.

"Please sign under Park Hyomin. It is indicating that she has received the package." I quickly signed my name. He pushed the package into the dorm and left.

I closed the door behind him. "I wonder what this is..." I thought. I looked for who sent the mail to Hyomin.

"Diadem? 890530?" I thought for a little. "Isn't Diadem our international fansite? 890530 is Hyomin's fan café. What are they possibly sending her?" I kept thinking. Then it hit me. "IT'S HYOMIN'S BIRTHDAY!"

I was dead... how could I forget her birthday?


Junhyung POV

“Hyung, what should we do now?” Yoseob asked me.

I looked over to him. His eyes were still shining brightly, in hopes that we will do something. The sky was already dark though. The amusement park closed and most of the shopping malls have closed too. The only places we can go at a time like this is clubbing or a restaurant.

I thought it over in my head again. Clubbing would ruin Yoseob’s innocence. Maybe I should just tell him we should head back home.

“Hyung?” He shook me. “Stop dazing off on me.” He shook me again. “Did you even hear what I said just now?”

“Oh... aniyo. What’d you say?” I asked him.

“Let’s go dancing. I really want to dance.” He smiled at me.

“Bwoh? Andwae! I’m not taking you to a club. No way!” He took me by surprised. Why would such an innocent child want to go clubbing?

“Hyung, have you forgotten I’m past 20? I’m not the maknae! I’m old enough for this. Stop treating me like your little brother.” He whined shaking my arm back and forth.

"Andwae. I refuse to let you go." I pulled my arm away from him and crossed them over my chest.

"Hyung!" He whined to me. "I'll behave myself! I promise." He pouted. His eyes were moist. He began to make little whimpers.

"Aish, your puppy face is too adorable." There was a small silence. "Arraso, let's got to the club."

"Gomawo hyung." He sqeaked at his happiness.

I smiled. Yoseob was so much like a child. It was nice to see that he still carried onto his youth. It makes me sometimes regret growing up too fast. But I suppose I was meant to be this way. Besides Yoseob is what balances our friendship. Two childish people wouldn't be that nicely fitted. At least that's what I thought.

***

As we approached the enterance of the club, loud music was already blasting. Guards stood in front of the door, people stood in long lines, everyone was dressed up fancily. I had to admit, I missed the excitement of being around a club. Yoseob and I walked up to the enterance. We were admitted admissions right away. Inside the air was warm.

Bodies were crowding each other, sweat dripped down everyone, smiles were everywhere. The clubs have definitely changed. As we walked past girls they all giggled and looked away. Ah, I don't get why everyone does that. Being famous doesn't make me an entire new human being. But of course, I only smiled at them.

"Yah! Jjinja. This is daebak!" Yoseob looked around the club, with his mouth wide open.

"Yoseob, close your mouth. That's really inappropriate to do." I placed my palm underneath his chin and pushed it up.

"Ah, mianhae. I didn't realize it was opened."

The rest of the night was the same as always. Once you've experienced clubbing, for the most part they were the same. Sure, I did enjoy myself, but there was a little bee that kept buzzing in my ear. I didn't feel at peace that whole night.

This little bee... it couldn't have been Jiyeon, could it? The whole reason for my outing was to forget her, but how is it possible that she is still stuck in my mind? Is it possible to be this attached to someone. I really hope it isn't. Andwaeyo! It was not logically possible.

On the walk back to the dorm, I kept contemplating my theories. I wouldn't feel at ease unless I knew my final answer. Yet, whenever I was so close, there was something that made me completely change my mind. Aish! It was too fustrating.

"Jjinja!" I screamed out.

Yoseob, surprised, turned over and looked at me. "Hyung, gwenchanyo?"

I took in a deep sigh. "Dae. I just need to rest." I put my hand into the pocket and stared straight ahead. Rest, that's all I would need to feel at peace again.

I really hope that was the answer...


 
Jiyeon's POV

"Ta-da!"

I finally finished preparing Hyomin's presents. For all the years I've known her, it was still incredibly hard figuring out what I should give her for her birthday. Even if she disliked the gift, I wouldn't know. She always smiled... I don't think I've ever seen her frown at a gift. Wish, I hope that she truly likes my gift this year!

*Click*

Omo! It can't be Hyomin can it? She said shed be gone for the rest of the day... I ran away from the living room. I switched the lights off and ran into my room.

"Gomawo Wooyoung. Jjinja, gomawo." I heard Hyomin's soft voice.

"It was nothing. If you want to ever talk again, I'll be there. Don't hesitate. Arraso?"

"Dae, arraso."

I heard the door slowly shut close. Her footsteps were easily heard. Did she find my present yet?

Her.footsteps began to grow louder by the second. She was coming up to our room. I moved away from the door and jumped onto my bed. When the door opened, I dropped dead. My face was planted into my bed.

"Oh, she's already home." There was a short pause. "She must be really tired. She didn't even bother to remove her shoes."

I felt Hyomin carefully take my shoes off. I stirred a little. I turned my head around slowly as if I just woke up.

"Unnie, you're home already? How was your date?" I squinted and scratched my head. I slowly lifted myself up from my bed.

"Oh, you're awake." She got off of her knees and sat on the edge of my bed. "Jiyeon, is it bad to fall in love again?"

"Aniyo! You should go for it." I said excitedly. "If you don't mind, may I know who this lucky boy is?" I asked just to make sure, as they say, never assume.

"Do you really think it's a good idea?" She turned and stared me in the eyes.

"Of course unnie. Who is the guy?" I asked once again.

"What if I were to say it wasn't a boy? But actually, you?"

There was a dead silence in the room. I couldn't tell if it was a joke, but her face seemed so serious. Was this actually reality?

I kept staring at her as she stared at me. Her expression never changed. She kept her poker face. Then the sides of her lips became to curve.

Hyomin laughed. "Ah, jjinja. That was really awkward, wasn't that?" She smiled at me. "It's Wooyoung."

I grinned. "Unnie! Jeongmalyo? Is it really Wooyoungie?" I grabbed onto her hands.

"Wae? Why are you so curious?" She pushed her index finger on my forehead. After a few seconds she let out a sigh.

"Unnie, what's wrong?"

"Why couldn't I have fallen inlove with him first? I wouldn't be scared..."

At that moment, I was lost for words. I didn't know what type of words would be correct. "Hyominnie, let's forget about this. Let go to the kitchen and eat! We can watch dramas too!"

She smiled. "Aigoo, my little baby always eating. You're going to eat fat." She stood up and walked to the door. "Gomawo for the gift Jiyeon." She walked out the door.

"Sangil chukahamnida unnie!" I screamed from the room. I got up from the bed and walked to the living room.

I smiled widely. I was really happy for Hyomin. Secretly, I have always been wishing for them to date, but they only ever thought of each other as a friend. Now that Hyomin has confirmed her feelings, all I need to figure out are his. Sure, meddling is bad, but I can't just sit and wait, it was physically impossible.

There had to be a way for me to figure him out. There must be.


 
Joon's POV

The walk home felt long, but it helped me clear my mind. Jiyeon was probably upset I left earlier than expected. I felt extremely bad leaving her in the empty dorm, but it couldn't have been helped. Rain sunbaenim would've been upset if I didn't show up on time for practice tomorrow.

When I reached my dorm, I was greeted by my loving members. It usually wasn't like this. I wonder why all of a sudden they decided to greet me.

"Hyung! You're finally back!" Mir gave me a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, sorry I was out. I went over to Jiyeon's." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Speaking of Jiyeon, will she be coming to our concert?" Seungho asked.

"Oh, I haven't invited her yet." I looked down at the floor.

"Babo! Why didn't you invite her yet? It's in two more days!" Seungho sighed. "Invite her tomorrow. Tell her she can also bring guests."

"Hyung, why do you want me to invite her all of a sudden?"

"That's... It's none of your business!" He turned around and walked away.

GO walked up to be and whispered in my ear. "He wants to see Soyeon. So promise me you'll invited Jiyeon tomorrow."

"Dae. I will do it first thing."

That night, it passed by quickly. I got more sleep than I usually did. It felt good to be fully rested a day before our D-Day. I felt the butterflies in my stomach once again. It is a little intimidating thinking of all the people who will be watching us, but that was what being an idol is all about.

I got up from my bed and picked up my cell phone. I couldn't forget to invite Jiyeon. I called Jiyeon. The phone kept ringing. Perhaps it may have been too early for Jiyeon. Right when I was about to cancel the call, I heard her charming voice.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Ah, Jiyeon. It's Joon. I'm calling to ask if you would like to come to MBLAQ's concert tomorrow."

"Oh, sure. I'd love to come."

"Please bring guests, as well! I look forward to seeing you there tomorrow!" I hung up the phone and smiled.

Today, I worked harder than ever. If Jiyeon was going to come, I had to preform the best I could. All day, I kept Jiyeon in my mind. She was my motivation to succeeding. I couldn't wait to see her smile tomorrow!

***

"Omo, hyung, you really worked hard today. It's really.different to see you put that much effort. Why is there a sudden change, may I ask?"

I turned around and saw Cheondung standing only a few centimeters away. His eyes were gazing into mine. At moments like this, it felt as if I was the younger one in our relationship.

"Ah, its nothing. It just felt like I should give it my all." Honestly, there was no reason I needed to lie to him. But, I didn't want to be the laughing stock another. Being the person who is always teased gets tiring at times.

"Jeongmalyo? Are you sure there is no other reason to this behavior?" He stared at me again.

"Yah! What kind of way is to talk to your hyung? Do you want to get hit?" I raised my hand up jokingly. "Jjinja, you don't have much respect for me. It hurts my pride."

He chuckled. "Aish, you are just like a child. How is it possible for me to treat you like a hyung?"

"You just have to!" I smiled and walked away.

It's a nice feeling to know that the members.felt comfortable with me, but sometimes it seems like I'm their maknae. In fact, I am actually the third oldest, I should be treated more like a hyung! Cheondung and Mid don't bother to mess around with Seungho or GO... aish, maybe I should start acting more mature. But that's not fun!

After more hours of strenuous work, we finally finished our practicing. I can't believe that its actually tomorrow. It felt like mules away, but in about two years, our dreams have been accomplished. Best of all is, I get to share it with Jiyeon.

A+ and Jiyeon-ah, please look forward to the concert tomorrow! I can't wait to see all of you.
 
---
A/N: SORRY SORRY SORRY! I'm exmtremely sorry I couldn't update for nearly 3 weeks! I've been extremely busy these past few weeks it isn't even believeable! From applications, to interviews, it was so much work! Only one audition left, and I should be free, minus school work. So, hopefully I can update more frequently that usual. I'm am extremely sorry again! I tried making this chapter longer than usual chapters to make up for my lack of updates, but as it seems, I don't know if it is acceptable as a compensation. >_____<
 
I've decided I'm no longer going to tranlate the korean words. I may just translate phrases, but as for the words, it is pretty much basic. I believe you should understand it, considering I never increased my vocabulary, so pretty much the same words are in each chapter, believe it or not. LOL. 
 
I may take a little longer to post a few chapters because, believe it or not, I still need to plan the plot and story. As of right now, I am doing all this along the way, but it won't work for much longer. Certain things may be missing, so, I need to start planning everything out >______< ! ~ So, I hope you will understand. I will try to make you the best plot and story I can think of.
 
So, it is already December! I can't believe it! This year has passed by so quickly! It is, also, the holiday season. So, if I do not get the chance to wish you a happy holiday, I would like to now. I hope that this holiday season will make you all filled with bliss and joy. Spend it with your family! No matter how much they may annoy you at time, family is the best thing for anyone! All you need is them and you are set for a happy holiday ~
 
Lastly, thank you to all my subscribers, readers, commenters, and more (if there are). I hope that this chapter did not disappoint you in any way. Also, I hope that you enjoy this chapter! I put most of the character's POV, except Hyomin's, considering that she had a full chapter dedicated to her, LOL. Well, please comment, and spread the word! I hope you like this story so far.