Chapter 6

Sun, Please Shine Again

Hyomin POV


I sat down in T-ara's van. No one else but me, was there. There was dead silence the entire car ride. The only sound that could be heard was the rumbling of the tires hitting the pavement. The manager didn't once speak to me, nor did I once attempt to speak to him. I just sat in the dead silence.

Others may have found this irritating, or awkward. It may also be considered lonely, but I have gotten use to the feeling. Everyone left me for someone else. Qri has her small posse with the other members, Eunjung has Jangwoo, and Jiyeon is always with Joon. I had no one. I was all by myself. I never once complained though. It would've been too much of a burden for them. I would have felt ashamed to be such a heavy burden.

That why, here I am, sitting alone.

I sat like this for minutes, not knowing if I should speak, or if I should just stay quiet. I thought of the pros and the cons of what may have happened if I did decide to speak.

"Ring ring." My cellphone broke the silence. "Ring ring." It played again. "Ring ring." This was real.

"Hyomin, are you going to pick up your phone or not?" My manager asked in a pissed tone.

"Ah.. dae." I was afraid of him becoming annoyed with me. I searched for my phone in my bag.

"Ring ri~"

"Yoboseyo?" My voice was in a whisper. I was afraid of the manager hearing me.

"Sunyoungie!" The voice enthusiastic and full of energy. "How are you?"

"Oh... Wooyoung oppa, annyeonghaseyo." My voice still didn't have much volume to it. There were no emotions in the way I spoke. I was plain and dull.

"Hyomin-ah, wae? Gwenchanayo?" The tone of his voice changed. It sounded more worrying than happy.


"Ah, dae. Why did you call me?" I asked him right away.

"Oh... I was just curious on how you are doing..." Silence filled the other end of the receiver. "Why don't you call me as much anymore? Is something wrong?"

"Aniyo... I just don't have time anymore. I've been busy lately. Mianh-"

He cut me off. "Geojitmal. I know that isn't the truth. How could you lie to your own best friend?" I had no response to his question. I was dumbfounded.

"I- ah... I.." I couldn't reply. Everything I was about to say just disappeared as I opened my mouth.

"Hyomin-ah... I hope you know you can trust me. I'll always be there for you." I felt the warmth of his words.

"Oppa... gomawo." I hesitated to say what I wanted to really say.

"Aniyo, there's no need to thank me."

"Oppa..." I thought over if I really wanted to ask him. "Can we hang out today?" I asked him sheepishly. I was afraid he was going to reject my offer. Since 2PM is extremely busy, who knew if I'd actually have the chance to see him in person.

"Oh... umm... arraso. I'm free today. What time should I pick you up?" The weight in my heart lifted. I felt at ease again. 

"Maybe around 5 PM?" I thought my schedule over. "I'll be at MBC's main studio."

"Oh. Arraso. I'll see you then. Annyeong Sunyoungie." He hung up the phone.

Before I even realized it, there was a smile wide across my face. I didn't know talking to Wooyoung would make me feel once again, alive. Wooyoung, your definitely a miracle worker. I let a smile grow across my face again.

***

The clock was nearing 5PM quicker than I expected.

"10 minutes left..." I thought to myself. I went into my closet and looked for clothes. I pulled out a dress. "That's too much, isn't it?" I threw it onto my bed. I pulled out another pair of clothes. The process continue multiple times until I finally found the one.

Okay maybe that's too dramatic. I chose to wear a yellow tear shirt covered up with a shorter green sweater. For pants, I just wore jeans. Nothing fancy, but nothing to unpresentable. I began to brush my hair when I heard our doorbell ring.

"Chahmsimahnyo!" I screamed out. I finished brushing my hair and put on light make-up. I ran to the door and there I saw Wooyoung.

"Annyeonghaeyo." He smirked at me. "Wae?"

My expression changed. "Bwoh? What do you mean?" I asked him. I was certainly confused.

"Why did you get dolled up for me? It wasn't that necessary." He chuckled. He walked into the dorm and looked around.

I pouted. "You could've just said I looked pretty."

He turned and stared at me in the eyes. "Pretty isn't the right word." There was a short silence. "I think gorgeous is better."

A smile appeared on my face. He held his hand out to me. "Kaja." He gave me his famous 5 year old smile. I accepted his hand and be walked out the dorm hand in hand. People on the street stared at us, looking up and down.

"Isn't that Wooyoung and Hyomin?"

"Dae."

"Why are they holding hands? ARE THEY DATING?"

There were squealing coming out of some of the girls, while others stared at us in envy. There were those people who took out the cameras and took a photo of us.

My cheeks flushed red from my embarrassment. "Oppa... This is really embarrassing. We should stop holding hands." I whispered in his ears. I was afraid I would've ruined his image, since people may think he's taken.

He looked over and me and smiled. "Andwae. This is quite comfortable to me. I don't want to let go." I felt him hold my hand tighter.

“Oppa...”

"Aish... Hyominnie is always complaining. You're more of the 5 year than me." He scrunched his face up at me and stuck his tounge out.

"Yah! Who are you calling a 5 year old?" I scolded him.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Watch your tone. I'm older than you."

I stuck my tounge out at him. "Babo."

He pushed my head to the side with his fingers. "I would fight back, but it isn't the gentlemen-like thing to do." He straightened his back and popped his chest out.

"Jjinja..." I poked his stomach, making him bend out. "Don't be too cocky." I laughed and placed my head on his arm.

We walked silently. No one dared to break the silence. "Oppa... why are you my friend?"

The question must have taken him by shock. "B-Bwoh? Why are you asking that?" He looked me into the eyes.

I slowly turned my head away. "I just don't see what there is to like about me... I lack many things." I looked down at the ground.

"Park Sunyoung." His voice sounded more serious than usual. "Look at me." I didn't move my head. I felt his rough fingers carress my chin. He lifted my head up and turned my head. Our eyes locked together. "Don't ever ask me such a stupid question again." He let out a sigh. "I'm your friend because I chose to be. You shouldn't worry why."

"Oppa... kamsahamnida. Jeungmal kamsahamnida." He swung my hand back and forth along with his. "Wooyoung-ah... Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we arrive." He smiled at me. We continued to walk at this relaxed slow speed of our. We didn't care about our surroundings. As long as we were happy, everything would be fine.

***

We stopped walking in front of an enormous building. A red carpet laid on the streets coming towards the entrance. There was a doorman that stood outside welcoming everyone as they walked in.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Please enjoy your time.” He bowed to us and opened the door.

Everyone inside dressed fancily. Compared to them, I looked unpresentable. It looked like I just wore whatever I had in my closet with giving much effort and care into my appearance.

Wooyoung just looked around smiling. "Don't worry about what you're wearing." It was like he read my mind. "It won't matter what you are wearing." Still holding onto my hand, he began to walk again.

He went towards the elevators. Once we stepped into the elevator, he clicked the top level. "Bwoh... where are we going?" I thought to myself. When the elevator's door opened, a candle lit a part of the room.

A circular table dressed in red cloth sat centerstage. The candle sat directly in the middle. Two chairs were facing each other. Rose petals scattered a walk way to the table. From a distance, you could see the buildings in Seoul standing tall with their lights.

"Kaja." He whispered into my ears softly. He held his hand out to me.

I didn't realize he released my hand before. I placed my hand onto of his. He slowly closed his hand and locked our fingers. He walked me to the table. He released my hand and pulled my seat out. He walked to the other side and sat down.

"Wooyoung... why did you choose such an expensive place today?" I didn't know if it was appropriate to ask him.

"It's a special occasion. I bet you won't remember what today even is." He smiled at me.

"What's the occasion?"

"You'll find out when it's time."

The night was relaxing. There were no disturbances. The city view at night was absolutely spectacular. There was nothing like this. The best part was I spent it with someone I care for. Sure, it may be cheesy, but today was really a day I felt happiness once again.

After we finished our courses, it was time for desert. A waiter come up and brought a small bowl of ice cream to both of us. Then, a cupcake with a lit candle arrived. Once he placed it onto the table, he left.

"What is today? Is it your birthday? I'm sorry I didn't remember..." He interrupted me.

"It's not my birthday. Guess again." I stared at him confused. I couldn't think of anything else. "Ah jjinja. Park Hyomin, you are impressive." He chuckled.  "생일축하합니다 박효민...  박선영." He smiled at me. "Make a wish."


"I wish you won't ever leave my side, Wooyoung."


I blew my candles out.

---
A/N: Here is the long awaited chapter! I'm sorry if there are mistakes, I didn't have enough time to check over it! So, my tests are over now. All I have are interviews and auditions later in the school year, but it should'nt affect me heavily. Thank you to everyone who wished me luck! I truly appreciate it.

Now, I decided to add a new character Wooyoung, but not to worry, he won't have his own POV. That would be too many, it already is too many, and confusing, so he is just a character. Hopefully I haven't confused anyone. This chapter was dedicated to Hyomin, as you all read. Yes, Jiyeon was in T-ara's dorm in the previous chapter, but that took place after Hyomin left. Just to clear things up. Also, in case you didn't know, Sunyoung is the same as Hyomin. Park Sunyoung is Park Hyomin's birth name. Hyomin is only her stage name, just making that clear.

Now, you're probably asking, why no Jiyeon, Joon, or Junhyung, right? Well, this is one of those relieve stories, so that too much tension builds up inside of your system. Although there haven't been any major dramatic scenes yet, this was to just help build the story for later on. Hyomin's story will connect with Jiyeon's story, so be aware! You can start thinking of the ways it may be connected, but I won't give hints! :P

The only hint I'll be giving this time is: There will be more drama this story than the last. Some will be more realistic than others, but expect more drama compared to the 1st part! I'll try to add comical relief, but I don't find myself funny enough to place many comical reliefs, but I will find a way to let all the tension out! There is always a way xD

Lastly, I'd like to thank those who have wished me luck on the testing. Now that all the testing are over, I'll have more time to spend on the story. All that are left are interviews, but obviously, you can't really study for an interview. So, to wrap it up, thank you for wishing me luck!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed Hyomin's piece. Please leave comments and feedback on how I can further improve the story!