7: Getting Better

P. S. I'm a Wolf
Getting Better
7
Flashback
He ran. His feet barely skimmed the ground as the moon shone brightly, like a jewel on blue velvet. "What have I done?" he despaired to himself. "How will I reach home before I turn completely into a wolf?" 

Even as he said the words, dark hair began sprouting from his arms. He began to run on all fours, choking on the cold air. After a few seconds, he reached his house. 

"Friend's house," he said to his shocked parents. "Today's the full moon." 

Kris hurried to his room and locked the door. A strangled noise escaped his throat as his vision began to black out. His once brown eyes now burned scarlet as he collapsed, unconscious. 

THE NEXT MORNING 

It was still dark when Kris woke up. Time to get up. He sighed deeply as the memory of the last night returned to him. Such mixed feelings; it's too overwhelming. I wonder if Soo was suspicious at my sudden exit. He shuddered at the thought. 

After Kris changed into his school uniform and brushed his teeth, he finally went downstairs. "Good morning, dad. " His father nodded slightly in response as he continued to prepare breakfast. 

"Did I do much last night in my room?" Kris hesitantly asked. 

There was a slight pause. "Hmm...yesterday you were calmer than usual."

His son let out a barely noticeable sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."

"There's no need to worry." Mr. Wu chuckled quietly. "It means your wolf brain is learning control."

"Really?" The boy brightened. 

"Yes. Believe me, son. It's getting a lot better."

AT SCHOOL 

As usual, Sooyoung and Kris met at his locker before school. Also as usual, whispers followed both of them. But this time was different. 

"Urgh, who is that?"

"What did even she do?! I'm jealous!" 

Aren't they always? Kris mentally scoffed. 

"Well, it's an improvement. But Kris is still mine forever."

Kris sent them death glares before turning to the bashful girl standing before him. "Take your hands away from your face, Soo. Don't listen to them," he commanded. 

She slowly removed her hands. Instead of the coarse hair and dry skin Kris had grown to love (shockingly) was silky black strands and an olive complexion. 

He stared for a moment before ripping his gaze away. "Um..." It was obvious Kris didn't know what to say. 

"My mom," Sooyoung came to the rescue, "took me to this...place...yesterday. She insisted on improving myself for...right after you left." She looked at the floor, biting her lip nervously. "Is it okay for you to bear?"

Kris rolled his eyes in exasperation, drawing her into a hug. "If you like it, I'm fine. Now do you want me to ask the other question from yesterday?"

Sooyoung nodded eagerly, her eyes gleaming with curiosity and relief. "So, what was it?"

A cliffhanger! Can you guess what the next question is? *winks* Don't worry, I'll update again today. I'm sorry for the bad chapter yesterday T^T orz your author is sorry XD anyway, I hope you comment, subscribe, vote, and ENJOY!