6: Learning

P. S. I'm a Wolf
Learning
6
"Here you go." Sooyoung placed a basketball on the table in front of Kris, who had already made himself comfortable with the house and its residents. 

Kris squinted, Kristina. "Now what? And please tell me, what's the name of the cat?"

"Kr-" Sooyoung suddenly blushed. "Krissy. But we- I mean Eumma, Appa, and I call it that for short. Its real name is Kristina."

"Pffft. Maybe you should call it Kris now, huh?" Kris smirked. 

Sooyoung pretended to throw up. "Blah. So cocky. Are you going to teach me basketball now?"

Why does she have to be so cute? Kris thought. Aiya. I shouldn't be thinking this in the first place. 

The dark-haired boy yawned. "It's probably no use teaching you. For one, you're not very tall, and, well, you just don't seem athletic."

Sooyoung stood up indignantly. "Excuse me?"

After a long argument, the two finally struck a deal: Kris would give Sooyoung an hour-long lesson if he was allowed to ask her two question- "Just really quick. Nothing silly," Kris had said, his eyes gleaming. 

"Let's see how good you are." Kris now smirked smugly as Sooyoung blew out a puff of air in annoyance. 

59 MINUTES LATER 

"Hmm..." Kris stood, watching his new friend play basketball. She's really good. A lot better than I expected

"Well, I guess you're not bad for a beginner. But still not as good as me!" Kris pretended to flip his hair. 

"Okay!" Sooyoung declared, ignoring Kris' vanity. "An hour's over. What are the questions you wanted to ask?"

Kris scratched the back of his head. Maybe I should ask the less embarrassing one first. 

"Well, what would you do if I told you that I liked you?"

Sooyoung stared in disbelief. "Why, do you?" She was unsuccessful in concealing a faint pink tinge creeping up her cheeks. 

Kris averted her gaze. 

"Ha! So you DO like me." Sooyoung rubbed her chin, deep in thought. 

I suppose I like him too. 

Carefully and shyly, Sooyoung leaned onto his shoulders. "Then I'd say the same."

"I like you," Kris whispered. "No, I love you."

The girl beside him moved even closer. Just then, her mother' voice echoed in their ears. 

"It's getting dark outside, lovebirds! Maybe you should come back in, Soo. And Kris should be getting home or his parents will worry."

The two sprung apart, red as beets. "The other question will have to wait next time," Kris muttered. "Tell your parents thanks. And bye. See you tomorrow at school." He left, lit by the appearance of a luminous full moon.  

What happened to the Kris I know?

'Tis a lousy update :'( don't worry, readers. I'll be back with better chapters tomorrow! Vote, comment, enjoy, and sub :) enough of my pointless talking for now!