.

Dangerously Addicted

 

four

 

I kinda have a drift about how to survive unasked-for instances. I learned not to stay close to someone because attraction may ignite. The same as never to run for there is a tendency that a chasing is about to start.
Planning for the next actions and setting the best tactics don't apply for this man. I don't even have time for that. So before I'll be eaten alive by this beast, I need to set a trap so that he'll never get a chance to touch me.

"Aww. You're looking at me so passionately, it's making me blush." Jongin declared as he tilts his head up away from the documents for signatory to watch me standing in front of him across his table as my cheeks fiery red. 

"Please inform me if there are still attachments you need for the documents." I shrugged pretending not to hear him just now.

"Ouch. You're really humor-less during work hours. I just wanted to spend more time with you." he commented as he coughs.

"Just make me your secretary then, that way, it won't be troublesome to think of ways how to make me come here."

"Oooh~ why not?" he said seriously considering the idea.

I can't communicate with this guy.

"You'll get it back, right?" he asked while staring intently as me.

"Yes these doc--"

"Not these. I'm talking about it."

I knew exactly what he meant by 'it'. It's the alleged blazer of mine that I left in his house. I don't like coming back to his flat. I can't tell him to just bring it for me either, not like he actually will; and I can't just throw off that blazer which costs several Won, it'll be such a waste.

"You left your blazer on my bed."

I tensed on my feet. Jongin flashed a smirk as if he hits bull's eye,

"Ok then. It's decided. 7pm." he invited. 

As much as I wanted to understand what's happening, I also don't have any idea on our situation when I don't find anything common between Jongin and me yet I find myself always with him. He's just here and there, everywhere.

 

 

The photocopier buzzes and its switch flashes a red light in interval. I stare at Jongin as he puts his hands on his waist and looks at the machine helplessly as if he just saw Megatron transforming in front of him.

"It's paper-jammed." I concluded.

"It's paper-jammed?"

"Yeah. You need to remove the rear cover right here for a moment and take out the paper stuck inside," I said as I demonstrate.

"Ooooh~ daebak!" Jongin cheered sarcastically.

"Stop it."

"So, I'll just push the resume button then?"

"No need. Once you return the cover, it'll automatically resume. What I want to know is why the hell do you want to learn how to use this thing?"

"I should at least know how to use this one."

"Could be it be..." That time in the hotel lobby with Junmyeon, he definitely heard me. 

"You still talk to me formally, I thought we're already friends. I want to be friends with you."

"You don't want to be just friends with me."

"True. But I insist we start as friends. We can't rush things up though we're burning with desire."

"Har har."

And he laughs.

We were casually walking along the office and exchanging words with each other when I noticed the side glances directed at us. Now that I think about it, Jongin is still the CEO, the Chairman's son. So what's the deal, you ask? The thing is, I'm just a lowly employee yet I seem to be acting familiar with him! 

I figured out that he finds me amusing. Maybe it's his first time to encounter someone like me. For him, I'm unique, I admit that I'm weird and he must find me really rare that's why he enjoys this company of mine a lot. Finding out that I'm gay added to his enthusiasm. To him, I must be really amusing.. if not fascinating enough... No, he'll never be fascinated. He'll eventually get used to it until he'll find out that I'm just plain ordinary and he'll lose his interest eventually, it's only a matter of time. 

 

 

"This is the place for the welcome party for sajangnim. Please try to invite him to come... it's on Saturday evening" a sunbae from our department informed as he hands me a note with the address written on it.

"I mean it's his welcome party right? He'll be a jerk if he'll not come." I shrugged.

"Yah! But still, try to convince him."

"Why me?"

" 'Why you?' Yah! You're friends with our sajangnim!"

"Who is friends with who??"

"Please, our sajangnim is very fond of you, he's been asking us about you. If you're a girl, we'll even assume that he's checking on you!"

This is getting out of hand, really. "How ridiculous."

 

 

I heard Jongin coughs again just before he enters his office. I walk back at him and took his arm, to which surprised him.

"You... you're hot..." I told him soon as I can even feel his burning skin under his shirt.

"I know." he answered grinning.

"Yeah, like literally." I told him with a dissented tone as I put my palm on his forehead. "I knew it. You have a fever."

And I didn't like the thought struck in me that he probably caught cold when he stayed last night on his couch instead of his room.

He took my hand on his forehead and smiled, "Hey, I'm fine."

I frowned and walk towards his secretary's desk, "Hyemi-ssi, please cancel all sajangnim's schedule for today. He's having a cold."

"Ne Kyungsoo-nim" she answered as she started making a call.

I turned back to Jongin, "Sajangnim, please be home early for today, you'll be fine tomorrow with proper rest. It'll be harder if you'll be sick for more days."

He remained silent for a while, just staring at me.

"Sajangnim...?"

"... I get it. Thanks." He pats my head and went inside his office.

 

 

 

I am in the dilemma of whether to push the doorbell button or not. Why am I standing in front of his unit? Well, He's the one who asked me to get my stuff back. I only... fine, I wanted to make sure he's fine. But what if I'm exaggerating? Like he could be with someone inside there right now.

I rang it once. I decided to ring it at least twice and if he still won't respond, I'll leave. I wait for a little while as I'm about to ring it again but the door immediately opened in front of me.

"Kyungsoo..?" he asked with a throaty voice, totally surprised to see me at his door. He looks worse than this morning, his hair most disheveled, his clothes bedraggled, only half-buttoned shirt and just sweatpants. I laughed.

"Sorry, just that, even when looking like that, you still seem rich." and y.

"Come in."

"I just went to get my blazer... and to check you. Did you take your medicine?" I asked as I walk inside his flat.

"Nah, I just slept." he uttered low.

"Figures. Don't you have someone to attend to you?" Because I'm sure he has a number of housekeeper...

"I live alone." he looked at me first when he said that.

"I... I see."

I went over to his fridge to see what he's been eating this evening only to see several energy drinks and vitamin water. I remember yesterday morning when I was here, he tried to cook but failed. I ended up making something from the leftovers. "What have you been eating alone?"

"Heh~ suddenly interested, aren't you?"

"No. I'm just worried at sajangnim's immune system. No wonder you easily catch cold."

"I usually order chicken. But I'm usually out so that's it."

"You should eat more healthy food."

"You should cook for me."

I let it pass since he's not feeling well. I cook some porridge with the things I brought with me and he's behave seated, while watching me on the dining table.
When it's done, I get him to eat. No, not like what you're imagining in the dramas where the other will take a spoon full, blow it a little before its temperature is bearable, and feed it directly to the sick one. That's so not happening. He's helping himself the moment he knew that.

 

 

He was sitting on the carpet in the living room across me who's seated on his couch when I told him to sleep the moment I have my blazer back with me. He sensed that I'm hurried to go home so he whined. I eyed him. "I heard you're collecting information about me from other employees."

"Busted."

"So? What have you gotten so far?"

"Aside from the obvious that you have an all-kill grades during college and you're very handsome, I found out that you're very diligent and focused. You earned enough work experience during undergrad that's why it only took a year for you to be promoted on a high position. The female employees think they're not good enough for you that they never showed how interested they are towards you. The male employees think you're very intimidating."

"Who are we talking about here?"

"You."

I never thought that's how others see me as. It's the first time hearing all this. Not that I didn't care, I just, didn't noticed at all.

Then he grins like he always does...

"Do you always grin like that?"

Oh no! I didn't just say that! That's so lame, so foolish, so---

"Only when I'm with you."

"..."

"Did I just shoot directly through your heart?"

"Yeah right." I replied with the flattest tone I have.

After several seconds we just laughed.

I'm afraid of the person I'm becoming when I'm with him.
More so when my heart runs in a fast lane to the point where my mind is losing control.

He stopped laughing and remained silent for a little before me.

I did the same too.

He just looks at me.

He turns his body to face to really look at me properly. 

It's not like I didn't see this coming when he moves real close to me.

And I didn't move away. Nor look away. I didn't say anything to stop him.

 

Then I felt his lips touched mine.

 

I never knew heart also faints until I met Jongin.

 

 

---xoxo---
next up will be kai's ^^
np: call u mine by exo kris