chapter 001- Testing powers

The Sandman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The woman in her mid twenties was sitting quietly on the swivel chair holding a fountain pen on her right hand but is not writing anything at all. She was still wearing her doctor's white coat. A big sigh came out from her, as if it would settle everything.

 

"...Jessica..." the only word he can utter. Anticipating for any response as if he was being heard.

 

Jessica hold both her arms, rubbing it off to make it warm. The sudden breeze went to her spine that caused a cold shivering sensation.

 

"... Weird..." She said while looking at the window to see if it was open but it was not, she stand to double check and yes, she confirmed it was closed.

 

"I think someone wants me home..." She managed to say it trying to make her voice steady.

 

She placed the coat on her table and hurriedly went outside the clinic. It was already dark outside, she looked at her watch to confirm it is already 8:30pm. She waited at the sidewalk scanning around to check if there is a cab nearby.

 

Yoong was just watching Jessica's action waiting what she'll do next. It's like he is having fun observing her at all. He chuckled at his own silliness. He is just accross the street in front of her. Suddenly,  He can hear two drunk men in their thirties talking about  nasty things. He sensed danger.

 

He immediately looked around. No sign of any policeman or any people nearby, cabs out of sight too. He gazed back at jessica who is now yawning and stretching her arm. He blushed. 

 

"..that was cute..." he shook his head to focus. 

 

"... A little magic would bring no harm, right pops?"

 

He smirked while looking at the sky with a meaningful look. There was no sign of objection so he opened his right hand and a sand in a swirling yet calm action came out. He quickly it at the two drunk men who in an instant fell asleep on the street.

 

He worriedly looked at Jessica again. Still, no sign of any approaching vehicles nearby. So he closed his eyes, scanning the vicinity to check where the cab drivers where..

 

...and ola! He found one. Still on his deep sleep. Yoong chuckled, "time to work, old man, "?.. he snapped his fingers and said , "... I want you here, go pick up the beautiful JESSICA JUNG and take her safely back home".

 

Like a robot, he immediately started the engine and drive rushly to Jessica's location. The cab manage to be in there in 10minutes.

 

"Oh, finally.." She whispered softly when the cab pulled over in front of her and warmly greeted her. She was just left curious to think somebody called the cab to fetch her.

 

Before Jessica hop in, Yoong bid goodnight. To his surprised, Jessica gazed in his direction with no expression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter