Chapter 15: 'Play! PinkTape' Showcase [April 16, 2015]

T.O.P 5 | Woollim Entertainment First Girl Group | Hiatus For Now

large.gif

T.O.P 5 opened with 'Rum Pum Pum Pum'.

'Rum Pum Pum Pum'

After the girls were sat down for a interview like situation. The girls were lucky enough to get Shin Dongyup as their MC for their 'Play! PinkTape' showcase. This was the sitting arrangement;

Miru  Jiyun  Harmony  Lun-R  Fleur

Dongyup greeted the crowd before letting the members reintroduce themselves. But when it came to Miru he stopped and asked, "Miru you are a new face to T.O.P 5 yes?" Miru nodded, "I joined T.O.P 5 for this promotion and I'm enjoying every second of it." she smiled at the end. Dongyup brought up a question, "It was said you trained for nine years in different entertainment companies right?"  Miru nodded again. So then Dongyup asked, "Did you feel like ever giving up?"

Miru nodded, "Yes I did. Nine years is long and training isn't easy so I always thought of giving up but being here now makes me think how the training was worth it." 

Dongyup nodded, "It is could to see you debut after your hard work." he then changed the topic. He asked, "What is 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' about? And how is it different from 'Electric Shock' and 'Pandora'?"

Lun-R answered, "'Rum Pum Pum Pum' is a song first love on a wisdom teeth, hence the title of the song. “Attention boys! I’m a bit different / I pushed aside all the others and took my place,” and, “I will pierce through your heart’s wall and grow.” The idea is that the wisdom tooth (in Korean "love tooth") pushes aside all the other teeth and takes its place deep in the boy's heart. While 'Electric Shock' has dance pop feel while 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' has a heart beat feel. And 'Pandora' is the modern interpretation of Pandora's Box."

Dongyup, "You girls are performed in America for the first time. How did it feel?"

Harmony answered for this question, "It felt good. But we also felt nervous since we performing in a different country at a music festival where a lot of musicians from other countries go to perform. Also we practiced for our comeback there so that was also a good experience." 

Jiyun, "It was good to see America. We had one free day so we shopped till we dropped." everyone laughed. Dongyup, "Weren't you girls tired after shopping then practicing?" Fleur raised her hand, "Yes it was Dongyup oppa but it was good to see America for the first time and we'll all go again for sure. But vacation prefer." 

Dongyup nodded, "Yes. With you girls promoting a lot for your comeback I bet you could use the vacation." afterwards the girls performed 'Airplane' to end the showcase.

'Airplane'

Though the showcase was over the girls day wasn't done yet. They drove to 'M! Countdown' to do their recording. They were also in the running to win this week's 'M! Countdown', if they did they would become triple crown winners. The girls of course were excited because if they won it would be their first triple crown win.

They prepared 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' and 'Airplane' to perform. 

Unfortunately they didn't win this week but there was always other music shows to look out for. 

Afterwards they had a few more interviews for the day before another busy day.

'Showbiz Korea'

'Show Champion'