Chapter 7

All's Fair in Love & War

Chapter 7



*OC (Alexa's) POV*

As soon as I ran outside those gates and into the Blackheart Forest I doubled over. The adrenaline rush from running away as a fugitive was CRAZY. Having all those guards after me was horrifying to say the least but thanks to Mir I made it without a scratch.....well I did have somebody elses blood on me but I'll live.

I told Mir I was out and that I wanted to go NOW. The longer I stood here, the more anxious I would become. I looked around at all the tall trees. It was really hard to see anything in the distance due to all the moss and branches everywhere. Not to mention it was full of greenery. They should have named it the Blackheart Jungle.

I was broken from my reverie when I heard a crackling noise in my ear. Mir must have been trying to contact me. 

"Alexa........hear.........."

Aigoo I'm getting nothing but static. "I'm sorry Mir but could you repeat that?" I asked while trying to move around to see if I could get a better signal somewhere else.

"Can........hear......."

Well this isn't working out too well. I let out a deep sigh and tried asking again, "Mir? Hello? You're breaking up, I'm getting static on this end. Please repeat."

"Can you hear me now?"

FINALLY! I let out a small chuckle. I was actually starting to get worried for a minute there, my nerves must still be on edge. "Yes Mir, now I can-" I cut myself off because right at that moment I heard a twig snap somewhere off to my left.

And then I sensed that familar feeling of danger. Oh boy.....this is so NOT good. "Mir?" I whispered into the headset.

"Alexa what's wrong? Why are you whispering?" Mir asked frantically.

"What's going on?" Seungho's voice came on as well.

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. "Right now......I'm not alone."

I heard a few curses on the other end. It sounded like most of them were coming from the guys back at the operations base. Oh for the love of.....what did I do to deserve such crappy luck? Mir was still a distance away from me and the rest of the guys were back at the operations base so really I had no one near me at the moment in case I needed help.

I looked up at what sky I could see through the leaves of the trees. God, if you're listening to this please give a guardian angel or something, I really want to NOT die a .

Thunder's voice came on the headset. "Listen Alexa, Mir is still some distance away from you so try your best to avoid the enemy."

G.O spoke as well. "Just remember, you're in a forest. It's full of places to hide. Use the greenery to your advantage. They can't see you if you blend in well."

"Leader! What are you-" Joon's sentence was cut off then because Mir's voice broke into the conversation. "Alexa! Don't worry okay? I'm practically sprinting to get to you so please stay out of trouble!"

Right then I wish I had G.O's superb ability to be sneaky. I was freaking out, trying to find a good place to hide when I saw some dark figures slowly trudging through the forest off in the distance. They were getting closer and I still had no idea what I was going to do. 

The reason why I was having so much trouble trying to hide was because that particular part of the forest that I was in was an open clearing area. All the darker and jungle like part of the forest was behind me. But if I try running away then Mir won't be able to find me.

As I was about to give up hope I came up with an idea. As a healer I had the ability to numb body parts so the patient wouldn't feel any pain during an operation. If I use that numbing ability on these guys, they won't be able to move which means they won't be able to fight! I'm a freaking genius.

I held my hands out in front of me and focused my energy and concentration on them. I waited until they glowed a sapphire blue before getting into a fighters stance. 

The 1st set of guards finally broke through the woodwork. There were 2 of them and they both tried coming at me at once. the 1st guard tried to land a straightforward punch but I quickly ducked to the right. As soon as his arm passed above my shoulder I grabbed it with both of my hands and flipped him over my back. 

The 2nd guard came up and tried a spinning kick. As soon as the leg got near my head I grabbed it before it could land the hit. When I let go the guard automatically fell to the ground. His entire right leg was now numb so he couldn't get up even if he wanted to.

Another set of guards came through and this time there were 4 of them. God, that miracle of a guardian angel better be on standby.

"Alexa! I just heard a bunch of commotion, what's going on? Are you hurt?" Mir's loud and frantic voice practically burst through my ear drum. 

"I'm fine, just had to take care of some business, how far are you now?" I whispered back seeing as how I had 4 guards slowly making their way towards me.

"I'm almost there! Please hold on!" And that was the last thing I heard as 2 of the guards lunged at me.

They both used frontal kicks at the same time which of course I had no chance of blocking or evading so they landed the hit. I flew back several feet and landed on my back coughing. Ouch.

Mir's restless and worried voice filled my ear once more, "Alexa! What was that?!"

I rolled over and got up as fast as I could. I didn't even get a chance to answer him as the same 2 guards were now running at me again. One tried a low sweeping kick which I jumped over to evade. The 2nd came at me with a bunch of repeated punches which I tried my best to dodge seeing as how I couldn't get a hold of his arms.

Finally one of them tried a regular kick which I was able to get a hold of. The guard went down with his left leg completely numb. Then the other 2 guards joined the battle so it was now 3 against 1 with the odds in THEIR favor. 

I was beginning to run low on my stamina. I have never had to fight so hard before in my life. All 3 guards sprang forward with a kick at the same time and of course they landed their hit. I flew back another several feet. I landed on my back in pain once again coughing at the sudden wind getting knocked out of me.

Just as things were looking pretty hopeless I heard something that sounded familar. Is that a car engine? No not a car.... And that's when out of nowhere a man on a bright red motorcycle came speeding through the jungle greenery of the forest. I couldn't tell you who the man was since he had a matching red helmet on.

The man rode through some guards successfully breaking them up and spreading them out. The roar of the engine was so loud that some of the guards even covered their ears. The mysterious man did a doughnut in the middle of the clearing which threw debris on several of the guards faces and in their eyes.

He then revved up the engine getting ready to go forward and as he did so the front tire came up. He sped forward and as he did so he successfully spread out the guards some more. He's trying to get them away from me..... 

Wait a minute.....could he be? No no no no no, it's impossible. He was further away from me than Mir was and Mir wasn't even here yet. 

The man finally got off the motorcycle. He came forward without taking off the helmet as a guard tried to land a blow. The mysterious guy blocked the punch and as he did so he took the guard's arm and broke it by bringing down his elbow on it. The guard fell to his knees in pain and the man used a karate chop on his neck to knock him out.

That fighting style sure does seem familiar.....what if it is him? I looked over at the beautiful candy red motorcycle. It does seem pretty fast....

The mystery guy leaped over the fallen guard and brought down a spinning kick on another guard who had tried to launch a successful attack. The last 3 guards seemed to be hesitant in fighting this guy. So the man himself sprang forward.

The 1st guard tried his best to block and dodge all of his punches and kicks but to no avail. This man was skilled. His last sweeping kick seemed to come out of nowhere and the guard was down on his back in no time. The man kneeled down and used his hands to snap the guard's neck. 

As he got up the last 2 guards were already running at him. He quickly evaded the first set of punches just by moving around. He didn't even TRY to block the blows. As one of the guards tried a fist uppercut, the man dodged, hunched down, and tackled the guard to the ground. He then punched him once, knocking that guard's lights out.

The last guard had tried to do a sneak attack from behind but the man seemed to have noticed this as he quickly rolled off to the side. As he got back up he came at the guard from the side grabbing his arm and twisting it until he bent over. The mysterious man finished the guard off by bringing up his leg and kicking him HARD in the face. 

Just then Mir finally came bustling through the trees. "ALEXA!!!!! Are you alright?!" 

I looked over from where I was still laying down. If I wasn't in so much pain I would have laughed at Mir's comical look. He had dirt, grime, and leaves stuck all over his body. He ran over to me and kneeled down next to me. He looked over at the motorcycle and then looked back at me with wide eyes, "WHEN DID YANG LEADER GET HERE?!?"

It was my eyes turn for them to widen. Did he just say..... I slowly looked over at the man and sure enough as soon as he took his helmet off there he was. SEUNGHO! So my instincts were right after all. Man I'm good. 

He must have been going well over 90 mph to get here that FAST. As soon as he had taken off his helmet he came rushing over to me and kneeled down next to me as well. His face was full of worry. "Are you alright?"

I felt those familiar butterflies in my stomach again. 

"Alexa I'm really sorry I didn't get here sooner." Mir said with a sad look on his face. He looked like a puppy that had just been caught peeing on the neighbor's dog.

I looked at both of them and tried my best to smile. "I'm alright you two really. Just got kicked around a little bit." LITERALLY. But I decided not to voice that last part out loud. These two already had the guiltiest looks on their faces.

Seungho's face was worse than Mir's. Combined with his dark circles his eyes looked kinda sad. Oh what I wouldn't give to make him smile at me again. Seeing him look so worried and guilty was almost too much.

Mir looked over at Seungho kneeling next to him. "I'm really sorry Leader. If I had gotten here sooner she wouldn't be hurt. It's my fault. I'll take the blame."

Seungho turned his head to look at Mir. He placed a hand on his shoulder. "No Mir, it's fine. It was really my fault. I should have prepared better for this."

They both smiled knowingly at each other and then looked back down at me. "We're sorry."

I smiled at them, "Apology accepted." I then looked over at the bag laying next to me. "On the bright side, MISSION COMPLETED!!!"

The two began to laugh and it made me feel loads better. Mir punched his hand in the air, "SUCCESS!!!!"

Seungho slapped Mir across the back of his head. "Yah! I'm still mad at you for shooting so close at Alexa today. You will be in charge of washing her blood stained clothes."

Mir pouted as he rubbed the back of his head, "Aigoooooooooooooooo."


*MBLAQ's POV*

Thunder was now currently examining Alexa, making sure she had no badly injured bones or limbs. His hands were gentle as he prodded at her muscles and limbs. Whenever he found a particularly bruised spot he would use his healing abilities to get rid of it. He was definitely a master at this.

Alexa, who was laying down on a cot, looked up at Thunder. "I'm fine right? Nothing too serious?"

He gave her his best reassuring smile and nodded. "Yeah. You had some bruised areas but no fractured ribs or broken bones. So really you will recover in no time."

A huge sigh of relief was heard from behind them. They both turned their heads to look over at Seungho. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. His hair was down naturally, making him look a little bit on the tired side.

Thunder did a slight wave and smiled warmly. "Yang Leader, as you may have heard, Alexa is doing just fine."

Seungho nodded in understanding and walked over to the two healers. He laid his hand on Thunder's shoulder and spoke to Alexa. "I'm just glad to see you're alright."

Thunder looked from Seungho to Alexa before breaking out into a huge grin. "Yeah and it was all thanks to our hero Leader here. He's the one who tore out of this place in a frenzy-" He stopped mid-sentence when he caught sight of the infamous glare that Seungho was giving him.

Thunder laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head before finishing off his sentence, "I should really go clean up. I'll leave you two alone."

He smiled innocently at the two of them before turning on his heel and heading out the door of the resting area. Before he completely went through the door to the other nursing area though, he stopped and looked over his shoulder. The two were already deep in conversation. He grinned as he noticed the interactions between them. Those two are so dim. Even I figured it out already.

As he left he quietly and slowly closed the door to give them some privacy. He walked forward to go towards the sink to clean up the dirty mess left from cleaning up both Alexa and Mir. 

He was calmly washing when Joon peaked his head through the slight opening in the door. When he saw it was only Thunder in the nursing area, he looked over at the closed door that lead to the other resting area. He then looked behind him and nodded saying, "It's okay. It's just Thunder in here."

Thunder cocked his head to the side in confusion. Who was he talking to?

His question was answered when G.O walked in right after him. Thunder smiled at the hilariousness of the situation. "Now all we need is Mir and it's a party."

Joon and G.O looked at each other laughing before looking back at Thunder with huge smiling faces. "He's too busy doing laundry." Joon said with a satisfied smirk on his face.

G.O laughed again and added, "You should have seen the look on his face. He should have known better than to stain Leader's future wife's clothes with blood."

At this all 3 of them laughed. As Joon got a hold of himself he looked back over at the closed door and shook his head in amusement. 

G.O noticed and crossed his arms over his chest. "Just what are you thinking about that's so funny? ERT!"

Thunder busted out laughing at that. He leaned over the sink in a fit of giggles. Joon's eyes widened so big that they looked like they were about to bulge out of his head.

"YAH!!! I wasn't thinking anything like that! Aish!" Joon looked flustered as he was trying to defend himself which only added to G.O's amusement.

Thunder was still hovering over the sink laughing as G.O asked, "Okay so spill it. What's so funny?"

Joon looked over at Thunder who was starting to calm down and get control of his laughter. "Aigoo, stop laughing so I can talk properly!"

G.O patted Thunder on the back and in turn Thunder straightened up and turned to face Joon while leaning on G.O with his arms around him. 

Joon broke out into a grin once again at his thought, "Doesn't it feel like we're in the middle of filming some famous tv drama?"

G.O and Thunder held onto each other laughing like crazy.


End of Chapter 7