Chapter 1

All's Fair in Love & War

Chapter 1


*MBLAQ's POV*

"Yang Leader, I don't feel very easy about this." Thunder voiced aloud while looking at Seungho with apparent worry in his eyes.

Mir looked up at this, "I agree Leader! Please! At least let ONE of us come as backup!" With this he came up and hugged his leader from the back.

Seungho let out a sigh and turned to look at the pouting face of the maknae. I shouldn't have said anything. 

The reason for s worrying about him? Two words: Solo Mission. s cared about him too much to let him do a dangerous mission such as this one on his own. But of course Seungho was the same way only vice versa, he didn't want s to be involved because he didn't want them to get hurt. 

His mission was to infiltrate a certain group of guards camping out near the Blackheart Forest. Sounds easy enough but the number of guards was something to be wary of. There was a supposed number of 45 but their information isn't exact. The odds of 45:1 seem very slim even if it is Yang Seungho doing the mission. But he had to do this.

The guards are none other than his personal royal guard force. The new "ruler." Oh how the MBLAQ members and the others despised that man. He was a total hypocrite and a contradiction in himself.

"Listen guys, I said I would do this alone and alone I shall. You two should have more faith in your leader, you don't see G.O or Joon saying anything do you?" Seungho finally replied and Mir let go slowly at his words.

G.O and Joon gave each other knowing looks and then looked at their leader not really knowing what to say at this point. They knew how Seungho was when he was set on something. If he wanted to do this alone then he WILL do it alone. You could say that these 3 had the biggest understanding of each other as the younger 2 had an understanding between themselves as well.

G.O let out a breath, "Listen Thunder, Mir. He's right. We should have more faith in him. Even if he does make us worry like housewives." Seungho couldn't suppress his grin. Leave it to G.O to lighten the mood. Then he looked at Joon who seemed to be shifting his weight from one foot to another. 

"Well?" He asked lifting an eyebrow. "Joon? Anything you would like to add?" 

Joon looked between all of his fellow members before finally landing his eyes on Seungho and breaking out into a smile. "Just kick some for me okay?" Everyone let out a huge sigh of relief. 

Seungho let out a small laugh and nodded his head in agreement. He then turned and went into another room to go get ready for the mission.

Tension still filled the air though as s were currently sitting down and giving each other the same looks. No one knew what to do or say at this point. 

Then G.O being the 2nd in command spoke up in place of Seungho, "Well there is no sense in just sitting around here moping all day. Alright ladies! Let's go! Up up up! If you keep frowning like that Thunder you will increase your rate of getting wrinkles at an early age! Mir, stand up straighter! You will get a bad back that way! No offense Yang Leader." He whispered the last part to himself.

He looked around for Joon, "Yah! Where did muscle babo go off to?" Suddenly somebody coughed behind him.

G.O jumped about 2 feet up in the air. He turned and looked at Joon, "AHHHH!!! AHHH SH*T!!!!"


*OC POV*

"Alexa! Wait!"

I turned at the sound of my name. I smiled and waved back at the person. "Hey!"

The person running towards me was none other than one of my very good friends Annabeth. She had long reddish-brown hair and icy blue eyes. As soon as she reached me she doubled over and was breathing quite hard. I almost laughed out loud at the sight in front of me.

Wow, she must of ran quite a distance. I decided to be a little bit playful today. "So do I have to ask what's up?"

At this she looked up at me and gave me a look. I couldn't suppress my laughter any longer. "I don't see what's so funny!" She exclaimed while waving her hands in the air wildly.

"You should take a look in the mirror right this second 'cause this is just too- OW!!!" I was cut off in the middle of my sentence from Annabeth pinching me in the arm. I rubbed it and gave off my best pouty face.

With sadness in my voice I sounded like a lost child, "I was only kidding." But of course this being Annabeth she didn't fall for it and just gave me a sterner look.

"Okay so really what's up? I know you only do so much running when it's something urgent otherwise you would just be off somewhere sleeping or- OW!!!" I really need to learn to stop teasing Annabeth so much.

She looked at me while obviously trying not to smile at my pain meanie and finally spoke up, "I heard you were going off to the Blackheart Forest today. ARE YOU CRAZY!!??" And once again she was flailing her arms in the air.

I looked at her as if she had grown 3 heads. "What are you talking about?" I cocked my head to the side honestly confused. Why should she be getting so worked up over me going to a forest?

She shook her head in dismay, "Honestly Alexa have you not been paying attention to the news lately?" I shook my head no which caused her to pinch the bridge of her nose in a somewhat annoyed manner.

"Look Lord Delacroix has his 'royal guard force' camping out in there! You can't just waltz in unannounced! It's been said that they have been given orders to 'kill first ask questions later' kinda thing ya know?" 

At this I scratched my head in embarrassment. I really had no idea. You see I'm neutral, no good or bad side or anything like that. I don't believe in war and I most certainly don't believe in the new ruler. Annabeth is the same but she actually pays attention to the stuff going on between the two sides. I don't like to pay them mind due to the fact that most news today is all about the gruesome battles and how many casualties we have or something about punishment to those who "oppose."

I looked at Annabeth and put my hand on her shoulder, "Look I can see that you're worried about me but I really need to travel there. It's important. I'm a healer you know and as a healer I have a duty to have everything at my disposal to help those in need. The Blackheart Forest is full of things I could use in treatments that I've been working on."

Her eyes grew twice their size at the mention of me still going but then they went back to normal as I explained myself. Phew! Well now to wait to see what she will say.

She looked at the ground before looking back at me straight in the eyes, "Okay I see your point." She has given up, good. Honestly even if she had said something against me going I still would have gone. Not that I don't respect her but this is very important to me since it is my life's work pretty much.

And another thing....I've had this feeling....like something HUGE is about to happen....

What is this feeling?

Well all I know is that in order for this feeling to go away that "something" has to happen. So for that "something" to happen I have to go through with this excursion. 

Deep down I know I just HAVE to go to the Blackheart Forest no matter what.

I looked up at the ominous and ever coming closer storm clouds, looming over my head as if some dark force was watching over my every move.

End of Chapter 1