Chapter 8: L Word part 2: Love

WORLD WAR H

(Just for the background music of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9BtTrZdft8) Tina saw Aom stood up and walk away, she tried to follow her with her eyes but she disappeared in the thick crowd. She left her meal and walked towards Mean. “What happened? Where is she going?” Tina asked Mean. “I told her the truth, she would be the death of you. Tina, Kim and Pie..” Tina stopped her there and cuts her. “ I know the truth about them. I am not Kim! What is wrong with you?” Tina's irises started to redden. The odorless pheromones she emits starts to entrance the people aroud her, Mean herself was starting to feel weak. “Tins, I'm sorry. I just wanted to protect you.. I just.” Tina left and followed Aom, she used her superior strength to make her way through the thick crowd, she tries to sniff Aom's scent but it was faint, it was being overpowered by the scents of the hormone enraged teenagers. She calmed herself, she concentrated on suppressing her pheromones and tracking Aom's scent. She was worried, she was afraid. As the song from the stage starts to progress to its peak, a drop of water fell on her hand, followed by a thousand drops of rain water. The crowd goes wild and continues to dance along the tune. The rain water starts to consume Aom's scent and Tina hustles up trying to find Aom but with all the people, it was difficult to find her. Then something starts to happen, she could hear a voice, she starts to see flashes of images, her dream in the green meadows starts to appear except the perspective was not from the her but from the girl. She tried to shake her hear to remove the image and continues to find Aom.

 

(The background music for this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxo9mrWgR8)

 

High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time

Hold still right before we crash cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'till it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

After a searching for 15 minutes, Tina finally found Aom, sitting in a corner, wet and cold. She looks a bit closer and found her eyes red. Why is she crying? Tina thought to herself as she slowly approaces Aom. With every footsep, she could see the image of the girl in her dream again and again, this time, it's from her perspective.


Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?
As Tina finally reached Aom she took Aom's hand and helped her stand. The rain continues to pour as the music keeps on playing, the LED lights of purple, red and blue keeps flashing. “Tina?” Aom said. “Yeah, it's me Aom. I remember now.” Aom was standing now, she was confused about what Tina said, she wiped her face with her hand, then Tina took it and held her hand
 

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?
Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends
It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense
Don't speak as I try to leave cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pulled and I push too deep then I'll fall right back to you

As Tina held Aom's hand, the crowd vanished, the night turns into day and the school field turned into the green meadows from their dream but now, they both realized it was a shared memory that they have forgotten. They both looked around, Aom was confused. “What's happening? Why are we here?” She said as she moves closer to Tina. “This is where you gave me the flower ring, this is where you gave me my first kiss and this is where I gave you my heart.” Aom's eyes widened, she gasped and then images starts to flash in her head, the dream that she had the night she and Tina first had a real conversation, the night she saw Tina's face for the first time.


Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Tina smiled at Aom. “Tinaaaaaa! I missed you so much!” Aom hugged Tina tightly and Tina hugged back. They remember now, who they were and who they were to each other.

 

Flashback 10 years ago:

 

Tina and Aom were playing in the green meadows near Aom's family summer home. The smell of dew fills Aom's nostrils, the warm sun was on her shoulders and the grass beneath her feet were dancing to the tune of the winds. She was picking flowers and tying them together to make a ring. Tina heard Aom calling her name, she ran towards her and saw the beautiful flower rings Aom made.I saw mom and dad doing this in their wedding video. Mom said that it means they will be together forever.” Aom slid the flower ring on Tina's finger. “It's your turn now.” Aom said, so Tina slid the flower ring on Aom's finger. “Alright, it's done! We'll be friends forever now!” Aom hugged Tina tighly and Tina hugged back. “Oh, I saw one more thing on the video.” Aom said. “What is it?” Tina replied. Aom moved her face closer to Tina,she closed her eyes and reached for Tina's lips. Their lips slowly connecting, their hearts quickly binding. Then everything stood still, as if time froze. Right then and there, unknown to them, aside from the flower rings, they gave each other their hearts.

 

End of flashback.


Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?
Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?
 

They were back in the school field, the rain keeps on falling. “You found me again, Tina. You always managed to find me. What happened to us? Why are you in Eden? And you're a...” Aom paused, she just got her bestfriend back yet she was still afraid of admitting her feelings for Tina. “Forget it, what matters is we're back now. I missed you Tina.” Aom hugged Tina again. “I missed you too, Aom. I know it's been ten years, I don't know what happened and I don't remember much other than the scene at the meadows.” Then Aom suddenly took a step back, she remembered that she kissed Tina when they were younger. Oh my God, I kissed Tina when we were seven! No, I'm not a lesbian! I cannot be, no. I'm not! Aom still rages a war against her other self. Tina looked at Aom, waiting for her to take the next step but to her dismay, Aom took a step back. “Tina, I know what you saw. At that time, it may have been real or true but now is different. We were children, we didn't know what we were doing. Now we're older, it's different. I'm not that kid anymore, I am not a lesbian. It may have just been a curiousity, childish act. I'm sorry Tina, I'm glad to have my bestfriend back. You are my bestfriend, other than that is just impossible. Let's just be friends, alright?” Aom gave Tina a fake smile and hugged her. “One more thing, if it's not too much, can we not talk about it ever again?” Tina nods even if everything that Aom said killed her. Or it may have been just be because of my powers. She smiled back, she starts to accept that she could never be truly loved by anyone because of her powers.

 

I'm sorry Tina, but I cannot fall inlove with you. Deep inside Aom knew it was a lie, she has already fallen inlove with Tina a long time ago but she wouldn't admit it even in her mind. The two of them hugged, savouring each moment as if it was their last, both were happy to found each other again but both still cannot move forward. The song echoed in her minds and in their hearts, unknown to them both, they were singing the song to each other in their minds, wishing they could say it to each other personally.

 

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?