Chapter 11: The Twins and the Lovers

WORLD WAR H

Zee

I'm a very skeptical person and I have a strong case of trust issues, but somehow, I found myself trusting these people right away. It's like the trust you give to your long time friends, or family. Those thugs that I saw at the concert gave me the creeps. It's like that feeling where you stand on the edge of a cliff. Lesbians and gays with super powers, damn, it's like it came straight out of a Marvel comic book. I have it as well, that's what they told me. A power to neutralize the power of other Homos. I wonder, does she have it to? Zee looked at the photo of a beautiful woman on her iPad and quickly switched it back to the report of her spies when she heard Mean and Aom came out from the room. “Guys, my peeps found your Sappho Venus. Turns out Sappho was just a nickname or a stage name. Her real name is Jessica Venus, Senator Jessica Venus of the United States Government.” Zee showed the picture of Sappho, or in this case, Jessica Venus; she had long auburn hair, flowing freely beyond her shoulders, her eyes were as blue as the ocean. She looked like a woman in her early thirties but in truth, she was almost forty. So, she the first huh? The first one to come out. She's kind of hot for an older lady. “Today's our lucky days ladies and toms because Jessica here is staying in a hotel at Phuket. My guys can get us reservations there for tomorrow and stall the great Sappho Venus.” Zee grinned, feeling proud of herself. Her life as an underground fighter has finally paid off, the connections she made there were proven to be useful to her now.

 

“I hate to burst your bubble sis, but how are we gonna get there by tomorrow? Phuket's like waay down south and were here in Nan, all the way to the top?” Nam, who was silent since she woke up suddenly spoke. “We'll fly, baby sister.” Zee replied. “You guys get ready, I'll settle everything. We'll leave at five.” Zee stood up walked towards the veranda and dialed her phone. Zee looked at the caller ID photo, she felt nervous and excited at the same time. Here goes nothing. Zee pressed the call button and placed the phone on her ear. Riiiing.. Riiiiing.. Riiiing.. “Hello?” The voice on the other line finally answered. “H-hey.. It's me, Zee.” Zee replied nervously. “Oh, hi Zee.” The voice replied. Zee smiled.

 

Nam

I can't believe Zee is actually helping these people. Knowing her, she's not a people person. It's an amazing thing that she actually became a singer, a celebrity even! I can't remember much about what happened last night, just fragments but I really feel weird about this Tina person. What's with her mask and why do I feel so nervous around her? It's like she has this sweet smell around her, yet I can't smell anything at all! Ugh, what is happening to me? I've never felt this way before, except with Cam. Oh, Cameron. I hate you! You're such an idiot! Nam was not aware that her face frowning, she was squeezing the pillow so hard it seemed that it was about to burst. , Tina's looking at me. Nam quickly threw the pillow away. Underneath the mask, Nam could tell that Tina was chuckling, she felt so embarrassed and stupid at the same time. Way to go with a first impression, last night was a killer, and now. If only she could disappear. “Are you okay there, Nam?” Tina asked Nam. She was caught off-guard by the question that her best response was: “Exercising?” Mental face palm! I feel so dumb right now. But in fact, Nam has always been the smart one and Zee was always the physical one. Nam has always excelled in academics, she graduated as valedictorian during elementary and high school. Now, she is taking her pre-med, she is currently studying bio-engineering in Yale and that is where she met Cameron. “How do you feel? You were a bit tipsy last night. I don't really know how alcohol works, I'm not really allowed to drink.” Tina replied, she walked towards Nam. What is this? Is she trying to make small talk? “I feel a lot better now. I don't know what exactly happened last night, I may have said or done things I will not usually do when sober. I apologize for that, what it is I may have said or done. I'm not really experienced with alcohol as well, you see; last night was the first time I took a drink.” Nam said. She cannot understand why she is sharing it right now and with Tina, yet she felt she could share it with her. Both of them started to laugh, she felt something light and warm inside, like a little candle. Then she felt something prick at the back of her head. She turned around and saw this beautiful short girl. This is the one they call Aom. For some reason, she could tell Aom was both angry and sad at the same time. For a split second their eyes met, there she felt a sort of pain she could not explain. “Time to go guys, they'll meet us at the airport.” The pain suddenly disappeared as soon as Zee spoke and walked towards them.

 

Phuket

The travel from Nan to Phuket took about four hours, including the drive to the private airstrip where they found the private jet Zee rented. The trip was mild, there was small talk but it cuts out every now and then. The plane starts its landing process, as the air-tight doors opened, they were welcomed by this beautiful woman. Nam immediately recognized the woman. “Naaam! How are you? It's been ages since I saw you!” The woman hugged Nam and she hugged back. “It's great to see you again Jane!” Nam replied, then Zee descends from the stairs, her gaze was stuck on the woman her sister is hugging. “Hey Jane, nice to see you again.” Zee spoke softly, with a hint of happiness. “Hello Zee.” Jane replied, and gave a faint smile. “Hey, here are my friends I was talking to you about. Mean, Aom and Tina.” The three waived their hands and greeted Jane. “The car is just outside the airstrip, we can reach the hotel in just thirty minutes.” Jane said.

 

Tina

They were starting to make their way towards the exit when all of a sudden, two women blocked them. One was a tall short-haired blonde, she was taller than Tina and Zee, standing next to her was a shorter woman with auburn hair flowing like fire. The light coming from the ceiling was giving a slight silhouette on their faces, making it impossible to see their face.. “Hello guys.” The auburn-haired woman spoke. Tina and Zee got in front of ladies. “We're just going to our car, we don't want any trouble. Let us pass.” Tina said. She tightened her grip at her sword, she could smell something different about these two, it felt threatening yet familiar. “Oh, I thought you were here for me.” The auburn-haired woman spoke and walked closer, out of the shadow. Only the did Tina was able to recognize her. “Sappho?” Tina said. “The one and only.” Jessica Venus replied.