Chapter 3: Weapon H part 1

WORLD WAR H

Tina and Aom have been traveling for the past week through an old city's ruins. They travel under dust clouds and extreme heat by the day,by night they seek shelter in crumbling buildings from the cold and rain. Their food is running out as well as their water, the journey is taking a toll on Aom, her body is starting to weaken and Tina can sense this. "I think we should look for shelter now." Tina said as she sniffs the air. "There's a storm coming, a strong one." Tina looks around to find a strong stable structure. "What storm? Kim it's like a hundred degrees out here, and the sun is still high in the sky. We can still cover more ground." Aom said. "No,Pie. There really is a storm coming. We need to find shelter now. Come on, I think this place is safe." Tina pulls Aom by her hand but Aom slaps Tina's hand. PAK! "Don't touch me." Aom warned Tina as she points her gun at her. "Okay, sorry. I don't mean any harm.. Pie? Pie are you okay? Hey.. PIE!" Aom's face is staring to look pale and her eyes are slowly closing, before she knew it she was falling. Tina caught her just in time right before she hits the ground. "Hey, wake up.." Tina gently slaps Aom' cheek but she was out cold. She carefully lays Aom on the ground and took her pack and gun, and then she carried Aom inside the old building. The building was enormous, from what it looks like, it must have been a mall back then. Pre-war era. They took shelter in an old clothing boutique. Tina lays Aom on the ground and checked her temperature. She's got a fever. Tina took out the sleeping bag from Aom's pack, she placed Aom inside it and covered her. Moments later, thunders starts to roar then follows the strong rain and the howling winds. Tina lit up a small fire and checked on Aom again. She's still hot. Gotta do something. She looked around for any container she could use and then she found an old vase. She took it outside, washed it in the rain and then filled it with water. She took out a small cloth from Aom's pack then soaked it in water. She wipes Aom's face with it then she placed it on her forehead. 

The storm rages on, the temperature was staring to drop so Tina fed wood to the fire more and changes the damp cloth on Aom's forehead. She sat next to Aom and the fire, she hugged her knees to warm herself more. She was exhausted, the long walk under the blazing sun took a toll on her as well. She was staring deep into the flames, and before she knew it, her eyes were closed. The wind was blowing softly on the green grass of the meadow, the smell of dew filled her nostrils. "Tinaaa! Come here, look." The brunette haired girl said to the young Tina. She walk towards the brunette haired girl and she showed her a ring made of flowers, the girl smiled sweetly and pulled her down to sit on the grass. She placed the flower ring on her finger and she did the same. "And there's one more thing I saw in the video..." The brunette haired girl was moving closer to her and then.. TUG!TUG!TUG! Tina was awakened by the sound of footsteps. Her heightened senses works even when she's asleep. She quickly puts out the fire, her eyes are starting to turn red. "Hey Pie, wake up. We have company." Tina said softly as she shakes Aom's body. But Aom would not wake up, she only grunts. Tina just hid Aom behind a broken concrete wall. She placed Aom's rifle beside her and then she starts looking for the intruders.

A short brown bald man carrying a katana entered the building first, followed by a taller brown man with a crooked nose, he was carrying a shotgun. Tina heard their conversation.
Short man: "I saw them enter this building. A man and a woman. I want the woman for myself."
Man w/crooked nose: "No. The chief will have the woman first, only then will he decide if he will let you have her." Short man: " the chief. The woman's mine." 
Just two huh, I can handle them. Tina thought. Just when she was about to strike, 5 more entered. They were all heavily armed.
Shortman: "You hear that ers? The is mine! Whoever touches her will lose his ing !"
, there's 7 of them. I got to get Pie out of here. Tina slowly creeps back to the stall where she left Aom. Then she thought. Maybe I can use my pheromones on them. Maybe as long as Pie is far away she wouldn't be affected. Kim went back the intruders,she watched them carefully. She took off her mask then took a deep breath and walked towards the intruders.

BANG!BANG!BANG! Aom woke up to the sound of guns firing, she was a bit disoriented but she had the sense to grab her rifle/ Where is Kim? She thought to herself. She scanned the room to find her, only then did she realize that she was indoors. She couldn't remember when or how she got in. BANG!BANG! The guns fired again. Aom knelt and slowly moves towards the source of the gunshots, she found Tina dodging shotgun shells and katana slices. The two men were both wearing masks and two more followed, they were wearing bandanas on their faces, they were both firing at Tina as well. Wow, she's very agile she can even dodge bullets. But when she looked closely, she could see Tina is bleeding. She was shot in her left leg and right shoulder, and this time, she was not healing. Aom quickly took her rifle and began to fire at the intruders. “KIM! RUUUN!” When the short man with the katana heard Aom, he quickly went for her. He was fast, too fast for an ordinary human. A homo? Aom thought, she aimed her rifle at the short man and began firing. TUGTUGTUGTUGTUG!!! He rifle was spraying bullets yet it did no hit the man, he was ten feet away from her, eight, seven, six, four... He was only 10 steps away, then her rifle starts to jam. Damn it. ! Aom thought, as she grabs her knife. Before she could draw it, the edge of the katana blade was on her neck. “A Utopian, I've ne'er seen yer kind in this part of the world. I'm gonna breed in ya, little Utopian.” He grabbed Aom by the hair as he smells her from neck to ear, Aom could smell his rotten breath. She, slowly lifts her knife but he caught her, and cuts her on the arm. “Ya ! Tryin' to gut from behind!” He slaps her on the face, cutting her lip and bruising her cheek. The slap made Aom dizzy and disoriented, her sight was blurry and her body was heavy yet she could her him moving. What the, what is he doing? He was opening his zipper and she could hear that. Fear enveloped her body, she was helpless like a child. Help.. Someone, save me please. Kim.. She thought. He started to cut her suit with her knife. He started from her chest and slowly makes his way down, savoring each moment. Aom was completely paralyzed and a bit blinded, she tries to lift her arm but she cannot move it. BANG! She heard a gunshot and all of a sudden, the man fell on her. “Pie, are you ok? Let's go, there's more of them. Come.” She heard Kim's voice, she has never been so relieved to hear a person's voice.

 

Kim took Pie and the short man's katana and began to run towards the exits of the building. Outside, the storm was raging on. Lightning cuts through the sky like a silver sword and the thunders roared like hungry lions. Tina could feel her wounds ache, they were not healing and she was losing so much blood, she knew they cannot outrun the intruders. She was afraid of what was happening to her, her healing abilities were not working. She lead Aom behind a broken car took the katana and something else from her pocket. “Stay here, I'll come back. I promise.” Aom nods, her vision was slowly returning and she could feel her body again. She saw Tina taking her mask off but her vision was still fuzzy so she can't see her completely. The intruders started to pour out of the exit and Tina slashes them one by one, Aom un- jams her rifle and aims at the enemy but did no shoot, she fears she might hit Tina. After slashing the last one, Tina threw out five grenades inside the building then ran towards the car where Aom hid. She hugged Aom and then BOOM! The explosion blocked the exit and rained debris everywhere. The smoke cleared up, and so did Aom's vision. “Hey, are you ok?” She asked Tina, but there was no answer. She carefully pushed Tina and saw her body covered in blood, and then, she saw her mask-less face. She gently taps Tina's cheek to awaken her. “Hey! Wake up, c'mon.” “Urghh.” Tina grunts. Why is she not healing? She's losing too much blood, I need to patch her up. , I lost my pack. Aom pulled Tina inside a bus for shelter. She ripped the sleeves off her suit and began to cover Tina's wounds.

 

The smell of dew fills her nostrils, the warm sun was on her shoulders and the grass beneath her feet were dancing to the tune of the winds. She saw a girl picking flowers from afar, a brunette haired girl with skin as smooth and white as porcelain. “Tinaaaaa!” She heard the girl call her, and so she went. There was something different in this dream, she could feel it yet she did not know what. The girl lifts her head. “Pie?” Tina gasped.