Chapter 2: Close Encounter with the Enemy

WORLD WAR H

, the white Jaeger caught me. Tina tries to break free from the grasp of the robot but even with her powers, it was impossible. Aom thinking she caught the Category 4 Dane ordered her men to retreat, she was about to return but suddenly, storm clouds were above them. The Nuclear Storm was composed of radioactive rain and thunderbolts that sometimes produce electromagnetic pulses (EMP) that can shut down any electronics. The Homos started to retreat inside their base and the Jaegers started to haste away from the storm, Aom covers Tina with the Jaeger’s other hand to protect her captive from the rain and thunderbolts. Lightning cracks close to Aom’s Jaeger, causing its GPS to malfunction, she kept heading in the direction where the skies were clear. “I can make it, I’m almost there.” Aom said to her men, she waited for their response but no one answered. “Charlie one to Charlie two, come in Charlie two.” “……..” Still no answer. “Charlie two, Charlie three, can anyone hear me? Hello!” Aom exclaimed. “…….” It was dead silent; Aom realized her radio was damaged as well. She looked at her captive and it was still alive. She speeds up to the north, where the skies are clear but when she was about to exit the storm, lightning struck her Jaeger and this time, it had EMP. Her Jaeger shuts down completely, sending her robot plummeting down to the ruins of a concrete jungle. Tina covered herself with her arms and ducking in deeper in the Jaeger’s fingers.

-AOM-

CRAAAAASH!!!! The Jaeger hits a crumbling building before it hits the ground. Aom pulls the emergency exit lever to open the hatch of her cockpit; she didn’t remove her helmet for fear of radioactive contamination. She took her survival pack and her short rifle. She carefully approached her captive, gun first pointing at her enemy; she used the end of her rifle to check if her captive was alive. “Hey! You there!”  She shouts, waiting for its response but it just stays put. Is it dead? I’ll move in slowly, quietly.  It woke up! Its head turned up, revealing its wounded face and…. Red eyes! Oh my GOD! … Damn it, Aom, you’re a CAPTAIN! You have a gun and it’s wounded. Calm down. Aom pointed her gun at her enemy. It started to move, grabbing the thumb and the index finger of the Jaeger and it slowly pushes it open. Aom starts to panic. “Stay where you are! Do not move or I will shoot you!” She warns her enemy as she aims at it, but to her dismay, it kept moving the fingers apart, setting it free. It stood lousily for a while, slowly moving closer towards Aom. Its face was all covered with its messy hair, wet with rain water and blood. Its lower half was covered with a mask, all that was clearly visible was its terrifying red eyes. “Stay there!” Aom warned, but it kept moving. BANG! Aom shot it. “OOOOOOWWWWW!” The Homo screamed, then suddenly ran towards her knocking her down to the ground. She pushed the Homo away quickly, only then did she realize there was giant mutant spider behind her. The spider went for her, and cornered her to the ground but the Homo ran and pushed it away with her body. It wrestled with the giant beast until it was able to pin it to the corner. “You might wanna use that gun of yours!” The Homo shouted. Aom quickly ran towards them and fired at the spider until it was dead. The Homo releases the spider’s body and looks at Aom, she quicly raised her gun at the Homo’s face. “Don’t move, monster.” She said. “Really? Well, this monster just saved your life.” It replied as it slowly raises it arms in surrender. “And I have a name, its Kimhan, but you can call me Kim. I prefer that name over monster.” Aom suddenly noticed the wounds on its face started to heal slowly and its red eyes slowly turns into brown. I have to admit that is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Shush Aom! It’s a monster, and your captive. Though, it did save my life. “Alright Kim, turn around.” Kim turns around and Aom cuffed Kim’s hands from behind. “Since you're tying me and all, you might want to cover up that bullet hole on my leg.” Kim said to Aom. “What for? It’s healed.” Aom replied. “It’s for your own good. Just do it…. Please.” Aom took a bandage and covered the bullet hole on Kim’s leg. After covering the hole, they went inside an old ruined building for shelter. The rains have stopped and the sun was coming out, though it was covered with clouds, giving a gloomy mood to the surroundings.

-TINA-

I gave her another name to protect my identity. I’ll be an assassin and I can’t give any information about me to my enemy. Why the hell did I save her anyway? I’m supposed to kill the enemy not save them. I’m no superhero. What the? She’s taking off her helmet! “Hey! Don’t remove your helmet!” Tina screamed at Aom. “Why? The rain is over. You should take off your mask.” Aom removed her helmet completely, revealing her soft brunette hair, her fair skin and cherry red lips. Oh my God. She is so beautiful. How can an enemy be so beautiful? Hmmmm… Such a good smell, is that coming from her? It smells so good, it’s like drawing me in. Hey, why is she pointing her gun at me again? “Hey, I’m all tied up. Why are you pointing that thing at me?” Tina asked. “You’re powering up, your eyes are red again! I swear if you try to do something I’ll shoot you.” Aom said. “Look, I’m all wounded and there might still be bruises on my body so I might still be healing, that’s why my eyes are turning red. That’s all. Don’t shoot me, I heal quickly but it hurts just the same. If I wanted you dead I could have just let spidey over there kill you.” But really, why are my eyes turning red? I’m all healed. “Alright.” Aom lowered her weapon. “Why did you save me? I’m your enemy and I captured you. So, why?” Aom asked. “Maybe I’m just not a bad person. Homos are people too. We feel the same thing you Heteros feel. By the way, what is your name?” Tina asked. “I’m not going to tell you my name.” Aom replied. “Very well, I’ll call you Pie.” Aom’s face suddenly frowned. “What? I don’t like that name. Pssshh..” “If you’re not going to tell me your name, Pie it is. Hello Pie. Oh, by the way, I am smiling.” Aom looked at Tina, she saw Tina’s eyes expressing a positive vibe. “Whatever. We’ll spend the night here. We live at first light tomorrow.” Aom starts to take out her sleeping bag from her pack. “And how do you propose to do that? Your Jaeger is busted. And where are we going?” Crap, Kim’s right.  “We’ll walk.” Aom tied Tina’s cuffs to a broken concrete hole with steel rods sticking out. “Walk. Hmm… Where?” Tina asked again. “None of your business! You’ll find out sooner or later so shut up. Get some sleep, and don't do anything stupid like trying to escape or killing me. I’ll come back to life and shoot you if you kill me.” Aom warned Tina as she lies down on her sleeping bag. She placed her gun pointing at Tina with her hand on the handle. “Goodnight Pie!” Tina said to Aom. “By the way, I am smiling.” Aom opened her eyes in annoyance. “Whatever.” Aom closed her eyes. She’s so cute when she’s annoyed. Hehe.. She looks beautiful even when she sleeps. I wonder, what will happen if I use my pheromones on her? But I don’t think I want to I don’t want to hurt her. And why am I allowing myself to be her captive? I can break free anytime I want, but then again, she’ll die if I left her alone here. TINAAAAA! STAAAAHP! Why do you care? She’s your enemy, her death will benefit your kind. But I don’t want her to die. Haish.. Maybe I’m not cut out to be an assassin after all. Tina closed her eyes and fell asleep. That night, she dreamed about the girl and the green meadows.

The next day, Aom woke up earlier. She looked at her captive and saw it was still sleeping. She fixed her sleeping bag and placed it inside her pack, and then she took out a bag of crackers. She took two crackers; she bit the other one and held the other. She walks towards Tina to wake her up but something crossed her mind. I wonder how it looks like without this mask? She curiously thought. Her fingers slowly reach the mask when Tina suddenly awakens. “Please don’t. Please don’t take it off.” Aom was surprised and almost fell down. “I-I-I wasn’t going to take it off, I was just going to wake you.” Aom explained. “How will you eat with that mask on? And why can’t you take it off?” Aom curiously asked. “It’s a condition. A disease. You might get infected with it if I take off my mask. I can take it off for a little while if you put on your helmet, and if I am far from you.” Aom took a bottle of water and puts on her helmet. “I’ll untie your right hand, but do I have your word that you will not run away?” Tina nods. Aom loosened Tina’s right cuff, she snapped it on a steel bar near her. She moved away as Tina turns around and removes her mask. Why is it turning around? Wait, it is a guy right? It’s a he right? Kimhan is a guy’s name. Maybe I could use He instead of It when I address Kim, right? Even just in my mind. He did save me after all.  Tina ate the cracker and drank the water quickly and then puts her mask back on. “You can come now, but don’t remove your helmet yet.” Tina said. Aom tied Tina’s hands on her back again. And then she prepared for their departure. Aom took out her map and plots their course. On their way out, she bids goodbye to her Jaeger. “Baby, I’ll come back for you. Stay safe.” “Okay baby, don’t forget me.” Tina replied annoying Aom. “Do that again and I’ll shoot you. Don’t ever call me baby.” Aom warned Tina, but she just laughed and laughed. “Alright, I’m sorry Pie. Hehehe..” They set out on their journey towards the Utopian Eastern Post, 40 miles from the crash area.