Chapter 7: L Word part 1: Lovapalooza

WORLD WAR H

Damn, that hurts. I don't want to do that again.” Tina said as she tries to stand with the help of her katana. “We need to do that again if you want to go back home.” Mean replied. The bystanders were still looking at them as they walk away from the scene. “Why are there so many people here? I thought that students were on vacation during the new year?” Aom said. The university was filled with students from corner to corner, outside, at the field, they could hear music and people cheering and shouting. The halls were decorated with hearts and banners, saying Rangsit University Lovapalooza. “That is because it's not January 1. It's February 14, 2015.” Tina replied as she looked at the announcement poster on the bulletin board: Rangsit University Lovapalooza 2015. When: February 14, 2015, Saturday. With special guest, Zee Matanawee Keenan. “Hey look, Zee is gonna be here.” Tina added.

 

What the hell happened? Why are we more than a month away from the time that we set in the machine?” Aom said. “I have no explanation for that, but the good thing is Zee is here. It means that Major Wolfe haven't assasinated her yet. We could still finish the mission. Damn, these kids are annoyingly loud!” Mean replied as the crowd all shouted and cheered, but then, Mean noticed something, a lot people that pass them by looks at Tina. “Tina, you may need to remove your mask. It's drawing attention. And I told you not to bring that stupid sword!” Mean tries to reach for the lock of Tina's mask but Tina took a step back and blocked Mean's hands. “Wait, I understand the sword thing but Mean, the mask... You know..” Tina tries to cover the lock of the mask with her hands, Aom's heart suddenly starts to beat fast. “It's alright Tina, you can do it. I know you can control it kiddo” Mean tries to give Tina assurance, but Aom was confused. Control what? Her disease? What the hell are they talking about, I know they are not telling me something. What the hell is it with Tina? Aom thought to herself, then she noticed that Tina is looking at her, then Tina turned her gaze on the ground, took a deep breath and removed her mask. “Good job, Tina. Make me proud kiddo and don't cause havoc here. There's a lot of hormone-crazed teenagers here, I know you can do it.” Mean tapped Tina's shoulder and took her mask and out it in her backpack. “Hey, you speak like such an adult we're the same age as they are. Hehehe!” Tina replied. “Yeah, but you are a year younger, in this era 18 is an adult and 17 are still children! I'm 18, a fully matured adult and you're a 17 year old teenager!” Mean messed Tina's hair and tickled her. Aom could only watch in jealousy of the closeness Tina and Mean have, she could feel a hint of pain in her chest. This is her Mean, is she her lover? They really look good together, they fit together perfectly, they are both Daughters of Adam. Why do I feel like this? I'm not a lesbian, I'm not! I cannot be! I cannot be.. in love. No! Don't say that! You are Aom Mindara! Daughter of Fuhrer Elizabeth Mindara, ruler of the Utopian Nation and she cannot have a homo for a daughter! Aom could feel her heart being crushed as the battle in her rages on, she clenched her fist and took a deep breath, trying to stop the tears that are about to escaped her eyes. “You two stop your flirting and let's continue with the mission. I want to get home as soon as possible. I things to do, people to see.” Aom said angrily. Mean and Tina both looked at Aom. “Very well, let's go then.” Mean said.

 

By the way, how are we going to get back?” Tina said. “The Raiders established a base here that has the same machine as the one in the Utopian Outpost, only it is a one way tunnel, it could only send people back to our time and not anywhere else.” Mean replied. “Then our mission is to find Zee and Sappho and protect them, find Major Wolfe and the Raiders then neutralize them, then go back to our time without altering anything here.” Aom said. “Yeah, that's pretty much it.” Mean replied. “Okay, here's what we'll do. Wolfe will send his henchmen to kill Zee and as for Sappho, Wolfe will need to kill her himself. Sappho is too powerful for the regular men, she is the only Category 5 homo in the history of the world.” Tina said. “We'll need to snatch Zee and find Sappho to warn and help her. She may be a category 5 but Wolfe has all category 4's powers, except for Dane. The category 4s that we lost are Dawn with her EMP pulse, Mark with his power to control the earth, Lin with the power to control the winds, Ellie with her power to control metal, Troy with his frozen power, and Red with her power to manipulate fire. Wolfe has all those powers, Sappho may not be powerful enough to beat him.” Tina added. “You're right, we need to snatch Zee fast.” Aom said, then she grabbed a random guy from the crowd. “Hey kid, what time will Zee perform?” Aom asked the guy. “Uh, at around 11:30 pm? Right before the fire works.” The guy replied and then left. “It's only 7:30, we still have enough time to find her, but for now, let's eat. I'm hungry.” Tina said, Aom and Mean rolled their eyes at her.

 

They all bought snacks from the local canteen. Aom and Mean just bought a slice of pizza and regular cokes. Their eyes grew wide as they saw what Tina bought: a double cheeseburger, large fries, pizza and chicken nuggets with an extra large coke. “Don't judge me, I'm hungry. Besides, we don't get to have this back home.” Tina replied as she starts to eat her meal from another table. Aom chuckles, then she noticed that Tina looked happier than usual, she seemed to be enjoying being here in the past. “Tina loves this era, this is a dream come true for her.” Mean said to Aom, noticing that she is looking at Tina. “You seem to know a lot about her.” Aom replied. “I sure do, we practically grew up together. I know everything there is to know about her. Unlike some people pretending to be close to her, I am actually her close friend.” Mean grinned. “How long have you been together then?” Aom cannot help but ask, the question caught Mean off guard, she almost choked at her pizza. “We.. we're not together.” Aom could see Mean's cheeks turn red from the question, she grinned. So, after all the iness you're showing me you're not together? I see. Hahaha! Aom gave an evil laugh in her head. “Who are Kim and Pie?” Aom asked though she knew who they were, she just wanted to get back at Mean's statement from before.

 

Kim and Pie are the Romeo and Juliet of the Homos, atleast to us Daughters of Adam. They lived about a decade after The Purge. Kim was a category 4 Homo, the heir to the then throne of Eden and Pie was the daughter of the then Utopian Fuhrer. They met on the battlefield and there, they fell inlove...” Aom could not help but see the similarity between Tina and her to Pie and Kim. “They both sneaked out to see each other, Kim would always go to their secret place in Utopia, a green meadow on the hills is what they say. In their world of make believe, there is no war and they were not from different worlds. Everything was fine but then, something starts to happen to Pie. As she fell inlove with Kim, she started to develop powers. What her power is, I don't know but after that, everything changed for the worse.

 

Aom could not help but remember the night she almost kissed Tina, she felt afraid.

 

She did not know that her father found out about her and Kim and that she was being secretly followed. When she found that out, it was too late. On the night when they were about to elope, her father's army surrounded their secret place. She and Kim were about to fight their way through, after all, Kim was powerful enough to take them all but something unexpected happened. Her father took her hostage, making Kim stand down, unable to use her power. Then she became paralized for some reason, almost unconscious. She could hear her father shouting orders. Then, the next thing she saw would forever haunt her. She saw a soldier raising his gun next to Kim's head, she tried to move but she was unable to, tried to shout but her lips were frozen and her sight was fading, the last thing she saw was Kim's smile, she saw her mouthing “I love you” right before the bullet went through her head.

 

Aom could not believe what she heard. She knew that story, she knew that Kim and Pie were able to escape. Mean is lying. She thought to herself. “No, Kim and Pie escaped. That is the true story!” Aom exclaimed. Mean was surprised. “Calm down, what is wrong with you? That is the real story, I don't know what they teach you in Utopia but it was a tradgedy. Well, maybe your history wouldn't include your own Fuhrer killing his own daughter.” Mean replied. “What do you mean? But Tina...” Aom was confused. “Tina does not know that as well, I didn't have the heart to tell her that the only thing she believes in is a lie. Pie was executed right after she killed all of her father's soldiers, how she did it I don't know, but she did. The family of the soldiers demanded for her execution, her father.. gave them what they wanted.” Mean said as she sipped her coke. “I hated that story, Kim, had so much potential, she could have won us the war but then her love became her demise and drove our kind closer to extinction.” Mean paused, she looked closely to Aom and said, “And I don't want to see same thing happen to Tina. Like I said, I know who you are, you are the Fuhrer's daughter, and I know Tina. She sees you as her Pie and I'm not going to let what happened to Kim happen to Tina. You'll just be the death of her” Mean's words crushed Aom. She stood up and walked away.