NEW: Chapter 14: The Difference Between Gods and Men

WORLD WAR H

Commander, ETA is in five minutes..”

 

Very good Colonel, prepare to remove cloak upon arrival.”

 

Sir? Wouldn't that expose us?”

 

That is the whole point Colonel. No more hiding. We're gods, the thought of insignificant beings do not concern us.”

 

Understood, sir.”

 

----o----

 

Aom was looking at the horizon, the sun was setting and the winds blew hard back inland. She was in total shock with the revelation she had a few minutes ago. She was lost, confused and disgusted. Her whole life has been dedicated to hunt down the monsters that killed her father and her friend, but as it turns out, the monsters were her old comrades.In a short period of time, she was able to control a portion of her powers, at least her telepathy. She closed her mind to everything, she did not want to hear about what happened after the explosion. Then she remembered her mother. Did she know what happened? Did her mother help feed her hatred against Homos?

 

A sudden gust of wind blew against her face, but this wind contained something familiar. A scent as familiar as her own. That smelled like a Jaeger's engine exhaust.

 

AOM!!!!” Tina jumped out of the door.

 

Out of nowhere a large hand punched through the orange sky, aiming to grasp Aom. She held her hand forward, ready to release her awesome power but she remembered Jessica's accident with Shane. She held her hand back and tried to move as quickly as she could, but it was too late, her hand was only two feet from her. In a flash, a figure blocked the hand and pushed it back. The hand's invisible body slowly reveals its self.

 

It was a Jaeger yet it somehow, it looked different. It's synthetic black diamond armor has been changed to a different sort of dark gray metal. Tina held the hand, using her might to hold it in position.

 

Aom, RUUUUN!!”

 

Then suddenly, the dark gray armor of the Jaeger began to change color, turning to a pale orange, to bright yellow orange then the palm, a bright yellow, as bright as a sun. The air became hotter and all of a sudden, the hand swiftly closed its fist, crushing and trapping Tina, in no time, the hand was engulfed in flames, and so is Tina.

 

Aom watched as Tina was being burned alive. She clenched her fists and look at the now yellow orange Jaeger. Four inches from her eyes there was a sudden small spark of light and then BOOM! A mixture of energy wave and flames rocketed towards the Jaegers head.

 

The Jaeger was staggered, releasing Tina from the grip of inferno. Aom quickly ran to catch Tina. As the Jaeger regains its balance back, three more Jaegers came out of nowhere, all sharing the same dark gray armor. One of the Jaegers' armor turned ice blue and sprayed ice around Tina and Aom, trapping them. Aom was about to use her powers once again when suddenly, she felt something hit her on her shoulder. She found a dart penetrating her right shoulder and she also found one on Tina's chest. This began to slow Tina's healing of her burnt body, then it stopped. Tina's not healing! NO! It's a Weapon H dart, God no.. Aom's vision starts to darken and her body began to feel heavy.

 

 

Mean

 

Mean heard screams and explosion coming outside, she rushed to check it out and found four Jaegers hovering in front of the hotel. She ran towards one of the security guards of the hotel who was in total shocked and knocked him out. She took his pistol and extra ammo and quickly ran upstairs to where Tina and Aom are. As she was running on the stairs, she saw Jessica and Shane come out. She can see that Jessica has the three Jaegers under her control while Shane punches a hole through the ice wall to get Aom and Tina.

 

Out of nowhere, a barrage of darts rained on them. Shane was not penetrated due to her armor and Jessica was able to stop the ones aimed for her. Out of the clouds, came a black Jaeger. This Jaeger's color is darker than the usual black of the standard Jaegers. After the barrage of darts, it released an electromagnetic pulse with a shock wave, knocking everyone, including Jessica and Shane. All electronics were shut down, including the choppers coming in. Mean stood back up and began shooting at black Jaeger but the old pistol was no match to the armor of the Jaeger. Shane was able to grab Aom as she was closer but the Jaeger began to rain bullets on them this time and it penetrated her armor and wounding Jessica. Mean saw an opportunity and shot a bullet through one of the Jaeger's engine exhaust, causing the engine to explode. Zee and Nam quickly grabbed the wounded Jessica. Then the sky began to darken. Mean looked up and saw an airplane falling down from the sky.

 

RUUUUUNNN!!!!!!” Mean shouted at her friends. She began to run towards inside the hotel as the plane crashed on the Jaegers, causing a huge explosion. Flames began to engulf the front of the building and debris rains down. Mean's sight starts to darken and the next thing she knows, she's falling to the ground.

 

--o--

 

Mean, this is Tina. She'll be staying with us from now on. You're older than her so you should look after her, like a little sister ok?” Dad said to me, holding this short-haired girl. Being the obedient child that I am, I nodded, but I was not happy. Being an only child of my parents and in the base for eight years, I enjoyed the attention everyone gave me. Now, all of a sudden, this kid will share bed room and my parents' attention and I have to take care of her. This is the worst, why do I have to share my room to this scaredy cat kid? The first few weeks, I ignored this kid and somewhat bullied her. I hated that the people in the base treated her special, giving her gifts and candies. Our mean tutor was even nice to her, explaining the lesson again when she cannot keep up but with me, she'd scold me.

 

 

NOOOOOOO!!!!! AAAAAAAH!!!!!” I was awakened by shouts. Is she having a bad dream? Tsk, am I gonna lose my sleep as well? My parents came rushing into the room and tried to wake this kid up. When she woke up, we were all shocked from what we saw. Her eyes have turned blood red and then, there's this somewhat fragrant smell. I know it's not there, it's more like a feeling wherein you remember the smell of someone's perfume through a breeze? What's weird is that I know that this “smell” is coming from her and my parents knew it to. Daddy took the kid out of the room and Papa came sat me down on my bed. “Mean, were you scared?” I shook my head. I was not scared, I was annoyed and confused. What's with her eyes and the smell? I wanted to ask that, but for some reason, I didn't. “You're really a brave girl Mean. Aish.. Tina's been through a lot, she lost her parents and I guess she's having nightmares about it. She needs us know while she's going through this rough time. She needs a big sister and that can be you.”

 

Mean, wake up!” I opened my eyes and saw a silhouette. “Tina..” I murmured. “No, it's me Zee.” I tried to sat up, gosh my hear hurts.” I looked around and saw Nan curing Jessica and Shane. Aom was unconscious lying next to Jessica but I couldn't find Tina. “Where's Tina?” I asked Zee. “Tinaaaaa!” I screamed for her, I'm scared.

 

Mean, they got her.”