Chapter 12: Ambush!

WORLD WAR H

Jessica looked like a hollywood celebrity in her early thirties, she belonged in those line of celebrities that looked their best on their thirties. “H-how did you know we came for you?” Tina asked. Jessica raised her hand and pointed at her temple. “I thought you knew what my powers were, clearly your information is not complete.” The other woman walked towards the light, grabbing the hand of Jessica. “This is my girlfriend, Shane.” Shane's hair is layered, making her blonde looked feathery soft. She had green eyes and a hard, toned body structure. She stood beside Jessica in a very protective manner. “Well, I know how far you people traveled to meet me, especially you three.” She pointed at Mean, Aom and Tina. Let's get back to the hotel now.

 

The group went rode in the car that Zee rented. It was quiet and awkward. Aom on the other hand is still thinking about the revelation she just had about herself. Then she took a quick glance at Jessica and remembered that she had telekinesis and other mind powers, almost similar to what she has.

 

So, you're the same as me? Is that what you think? What you believe?” Aom heard the familiar voice as she stared blankly at the car window, she turned here gaze across, to the owner of the voice who seemed busy speaking with her girlfriend. She turned back to the window and shrugged whatever she heard. “No, you're not hungry nor imagining this. Yes, I am speaking to you, Aom.” Aom turned back to her, confusion filled her mind as she look at the latter who seems to have no idea what's happening. “No, don't say anything to them. Let's keep it this way, more private. Just pretend you're listening to a song or a recording. I am interested in you and the one you call Tina.” Aom tried her best to conceal whatever is happening and focused on what to reply to her mind visitor.

 

Why are you interested in us? We're not the only ones who have powers in the group. Zee has powers as well.” Aom replied.

 

I know that, I know more than what each of you know about each other. What intrigues me is... well, is that both you and Tina have a portion of your minds blocked which is very rare. So rare that this is only the second time I encountered a person with mind blocks” Sappho replied.

 

So, you were breaking into our minds? Isn't that rude?” Aom answered, this time with more aggressiveness.

 

Oh, rude? I call it precaution. Having this power taught me that information is power. Information has brought more to heel than all the bombs in the world. I have seen how a man's fantasy become his poison, how a tiny sheet of paper saved thousands. Tell me, if you were to find out that a group with the same powers as yours is coming for you? What would you have done?” Sappho replied, she then laughs at the joke Shane told her.

 

I guess, I would have done the same. What did you mean by our minds having blocks? How did we get it?”

 

Now, that is a question. Would you really want to know how?”

 

Yes.”

 

Well, honey you put it there.”

 

WHAT??” Aom said out loud causing the entire group turn their attention to her.

 

Are you okay, Aom?” Tina asked. She was about to reply but then she noticed Tina's eyes turn blood red then, she noticed behind her a flash of light speeding towards their direction. The next thing she knows is that Tina is using her full body as shield to protect her.

 

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

 

Aom was temporarily blinded by the flash of light. She could feel weak electric grounds around her body. She could feel Tina pushing herself to stand. “Are you ok?” Covered in blood and debris, Tina grunts as she balance herself. She helped Aom stand up then she unsheathes her sword, Aom could see Tina's eyes turn red from the reflection of the sword. Above them floats six men floating, all covered in an exoskeleton armor. Aom looked around and found Mean and Jessica unconscious, Shane on the other hand was powering up. Her skin slowly turns to metal. Zee on the other hand removes the small debris from Jane.

 

Commander, we've got the Fuhrer's daughter and Sappho as well as Zee. Permission to engage the two Category three Homos.” BZZZZ. “Permission granted. Do not harm the Fuhrer's daughter, Zee and Sappho. Kill the others.”

 

NO! Wait!” Aom exclaimed and moved in front of the men.

 

Captain, please move aside.” He warned but Aom stayed there. “Very well. Get them!”

 

One of the armored men moved towards Aom to cuff her and other made his way to Jessica but Tina and Shane blocked them. The armored men began raining bullets towards Tina and Shane. Tina quickly pushes Aom out of the way and dodge the bullets but three landed directly on left arm, shoulder and leg. Again, her wounds were not healing. The bullets did not penetrate Shane and so, she took a part of the ruined vehicle they were riding and threw it towards one of the armored men, causing him to lose balance. Aom quickly ran towards Tina and took up her sword and raised it in defense. “Aom, move! Get out of here! Get Mean and the others, save them! I'll be fine.” Tina smiled, trying to hide the pain. “Damn it, Tina! I'm not gonna leave you here.” Aom replied. This is bad, I know these are Utopians and I cannot use my powers here. But if I don't use it, Tina and the others will be killed and Jessica and Zee will be captured. Aom looked around and it was total chaos. She saw Shane engaging two of the armored men while Zee tries to escape one of them. Out of nowhere, Nam ran towards Tina and held her. “Wake up!” With that, Nam began emitting a red aura around her and Tina regained her strength, her body began rejecting the bullets that penetrated her. She stood up and took the sword from Aom. In a quick flash, she made her way towards the two armored men in front of them. They tried to shoot her with electronic pulses but she evaded them. In a split second, her sword was slashing through the armored men, spilling their blood on the pavement.

 

Shane saw this and began to smash the armored men attacking her. Then it happened. A strong wave of energy came from behind. They find Jessica, awake and floating. She raised her hand and disintegrated all the armored men around them. “Jessica! Stooop!” Shane jumps and hugs her, causing the two of them to fall down. When it was all over, there was blood and debris all over the street. Aom saw Jessica crying as she held Shane in her arms, her metal body damaged, disintegrated and blood spilling from her. Nam ran quickly and placed her hands towards the wounds and the red aura came out of her again, healing the wounds and her metal armor returning to normal. Jessica hugged Shane and her tears started pouring down.

 

Aom, are you ok?” Tina approached her. She took her hands and observed for any wounds, but Aom violently pulled her hands from her. “Hey! What's wrong?” Tina asked, confused. I was useless. Even with all the power inside me I'm useless. Aom walked away and checked on the unconscious Mean. Tina ran and checked on Mean as well, she was unharmed, just knocked out. “Aom, what's wrong? Are you hurt anywhere.” Tina asked again. “I'm fine, ok? Check on Mean and the others.” Aom walked away again. I'm such a coward. Tina was hurt and the others were helpless and I just stood there, fearing that the Utopians will see that the Fuhrer's daughter is a Homo.

 

Don't be so hard on yourself. You did the right thing, Aom.” Aom heard Jessica's voice again.

 

What do you mean I did the right thing? I was useless! Get off my head!” Aom shot a glare towards Jessica.

 

You've seen how I hurt Shane. I was not in full control of my powers and I almost killed her. Thank God for Nam. You fear your powers and that is a good thing. That fear will prevent you from making the same mistakes that I made. Believe me, I know. We are the same, after all.

 

Aom's eyes widened. “I want to know everything.” She said to Jessica.

 

----o----

 

 

The group finally made it to the hotel. Tina carried Mean to her room and as Nam helps her heal Mean's wounds.

 

Hey there, old woman. You were knocked out.” Tina chuckled as she caressed Mean's face.

 

Silly teenager, I was just checking if you can take care of yourself. Thank you though, and to you too, Nam. Thank you. Wait, if you have this power, then that means.. Oh, no way? Tina, I guess we need your mask on.”

 

Mean takes Tina's mask out and hands it over to her but Nam, raised her hand and smiled.

 

No, Mean. It's not Tina, I've had this before I met you guys.” Nam said, holding the ring on her finger. Then Zee came in. “Wait, you mean Cameron's a..” Zee pointed, confused. “Yes.” Nam, answered. “What? Why didn't you tell me, Sis?” Zee said hugging her twin.

 

Because I remembered how mom and dad treated you when they found out that you were a lesbian. I was afraid that they'd treat me like that as well. I'm so sorry Zee!” Nam cried.

 

Hey, it's okay. Mom and dad can never hate you. You're their perfect little princess. Besides, I'll accept you no matter whom you love. Though, I'll kill Cameron 'cause she broke your heart.” Zee said as she curled her fists.

 

No Zee. I was the one that broke Cameron's heart. I broke up with her when people became suspicious of our relationship. I'm so stupid and a coward.” Zee smiled as she comforts her sister with her hug.

 

Tina and Mean smiled at the sight of Zee and Nam. “I guess we better leave the twins alone for a while.”

Mean said as she and Tina left the room and headed towards the balcony. “So, why aren't you with Aom?” Mean asked. “Mean, do you remember when I came to the base? Did you know anything about me before we met 10 years ago?” Tina suddenly asked, which has surprised Mean. “Well, now that you asked. No, I don't really remember. But I do remember when daddy Ben and daddy Jim brought you in to the base. They said that you were special and that you needed an older sister to look after you. And being the only kid in the base at that time, I time, I took it upon myself to be that big sister.” Mean chuckled and so did Tina. “Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?” Mean said.

 

Well, this may sound strange but I think I lived in Utopia before I came to the base.” Tina replied.

 

What do you mean you lived in Utopia? Tina, you're a Homo since you were a kid. You've had some of your powers when you were seven, how can you live in Utopia?”

 

Remember the dream that I always have?” Mean nodded. “Well, turns out that girl is Aom.” Tina replied.