NEW: Chapter 16: Kissed by Fire

WORLD WAR H

Jessica

 

, she's totally out of control. She'll end up hurting everyone here if she continues to be like this. Jessica used her telekinesis to lift four large collapsed concrete. She used them to block any fire and debris flying from Aom's vortex. What was wind and debris is now a total tornado of flames and debris. Aom' noticed this and she uses her vortex to punch through the concrete barrier. While the concretes blocks Aom, she used her telepathy to reach deep inside Aom's mind, the primal part. She hopes to knock out Aom from inside. Entering another telepath's mind is dangerous, not only you're exposed physically, your mind is also exposed to the other telepath. Performing this stunt while fighting Aom and her flame vortex is draining her energy quickly, considering she has never performed such a great task for no one could match her powers before.

 

Aom's mind was complex, a labyrinth of memories and emotions. Fragments of memories from her childhood, her father were tucked away deeply, while webs of thoughts that Aom is currently thinking filled her mind. Webs of fear and doubt, mostly fear for Tina, began to entangle Jessica. She struggled to push through, and she was successful. As she reaches the middle of the labyrinth, the air becomes hotter and hotter. She was close.

 

--o--

 

Tina

 

Visitor number three injected something in her IV, she assumed that this was to make her sleep as she felt her eyes become heavy as soon at it entered her blood stream. Her sight turned to fragments, her bed, now a gurney was being pushed through a hall way, then into an elevator. Her visitors were now wearing transparent oxygen masks and full body protective gear. She heard a familiar voice, it was visitor one, Asami.

 

Hi baby, told you I'll be back. But, we won't be playing any games for now. I'll just need to take a tiny bit from you.. and add some. You just lie there and relax.” Asami raised a scalpel and showed it to Tina. She could see Asami's face. Her amber eyes, dark hair and red sadistic lips, smiling at her against the scalpel's reflection on the mask. “Mike, give her the first dose.

 

No, not this time. Tina took all the strength she has gathered and broke her binds. She took the scalpel from Asami and placed it against her neck, her other hand holding Asami's arm behind her back. “Stay back!” She shouted as she moves towards the exit. Mike and the other assistant raised there hands and move one step back. The elevator opened, she took Asami in with her. She sliced a large slit through Asami's suit, opened it up and held Asami to the neck, her head raised to Tina's face. Her eyes turned red, she breathed slowly, controlled every exhale. Her heightened senses are returning, she could hear Asami's heart beating faster and faster as she moved in closer to her lips. Her body starts to heat up and her face, neck and ears starts to redden. Now I'll play your trick against you. She leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the lips. Right there, she knew her captive is under her spell. “Asami...” The mention of her name lightened Asami up. “Y-yes?” She replied. “You'll help me get out of here, right? Just you and me, out of here. Safe and sound. Right, love?” Tina said in a seductive voice. “Yes, of course. Just you and me love.” Asami replied and Tina smiled.

 

Her training paid off. This was a cruel tactic that she practiced over a dozen of Homos back in the base in Eden. Using her powers against her enemy, making the latter fall for her in a matter of minutes, or even seconds then using that blind love to her advantage. Once the task is done, breaking the victim's heart, without a second thought or remorse.

 

The alarm sounded as soon as the elevator reached the top floor. The corridor filled with armed soldiers, trapping Tina and Asami against the elevator. Asami looked back at Tina and then raised her hands towards the corridor and then, smiled at Tina. All of a sudden, her palm was engulfed in orange flames. In a split second, the corridor, together with the soldiers were engulfed in flames. Tina grabbed Asami by the arm and ran through the corridor as the sprinklers began to rain water. How could she possibly have this power? She's a Utopian. Is this Major Wolfe's experiment? Merging a Homo's powers to a Hetero? Tina became scared, she knew the only person who held this power and it's possible that this person is now dead.

 

The house that she was held in turns out to be an old manor, with ten foot walls and gates. Tina took the soldier's gun and ammo belt and let Asami lead the way towards the garage area. There, they took a Jeep and rammed the gates, escaping the soldiers chasing and shooting at them. “Just drive straight, follow the path and this will lead us to a small town. There we can get some gas and go to back to Phuket.”

 

 

--o--

 

Jessica

 

At the center of the labyrinth, she found a young Aom reliving the moment when her father was killed and when she first used her powers. The ground was was hot and dry, burned bodies scattered everywhere, some still burning. She was holding an unconscious young version of Tina. Slowly but surely, Jessica approached the child, trying to pose no threat.

 

Hey there, what happened?” Jessica gently sat next to young Aom.

 

T-they killed daddy and auntie, and I think Tina is dead too.” The young girl began to sob. Jessica brushed the girl's hair gently.

 

I'm very sorry to hear that. My name is Jessica, I'm a friend. What is your name?”

 

A-aom, Mindara.” She said, still sobbing.

 

Aom, I see. Is this Tina?” Jessica pointed at the girl Aom is hugging. The young girl nodded.

 

We can still save her. You just need to let her go for now.” The girl looked at her, confused.

 

Why? If I leave her, then she won't be safe. The bad men might try to hurt her again.”

 

Don't worry child, she'll be safe. We just need to get a doctor so we can help her.” Jessica held the young girl's hand and tried to help her stand, but the young Aom refused to stand. The air around her starts to become hot again and Jessica could feel her hand holding Aom's arm heat up. She looked back and found the adult Aom instead of the young girl. Angry and crying, the older Aom stood up and held Jessica by the neck.

 

I told you to stay out of my head or I will end you! I'm getting Tina.” The next thing she knew, her body was starting to blaze. She screamed in pain, but still found the courage to raise her hands against Aom's head and showed her the situation around the hotel. The burned bodies, the ruin and the injured people. Then she showed her the scene wherein she fatally wounded Shane.

 

Aom, this is not you. This is not what you want. You're a good person, don't let your power control you! Calm down, Tina wouldn't want you to hurt people nor hurt yourself.

 

Aom sobbed and released Jessica. “Help me get her back. I can't lose her again, not again.” Jessica hugged Aom and they were back in reality. Aom's fire tornado disappeared and all the debris fell down.

 

Ohmigod, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.” Aom sobbed as Jessica hugged her.

 

 

--o--

 

Asami

 

We're almost at the town, just a couple more miles.” Asami said as Tina drives the Jeep. BOOM! A sudden explosion knocked them and the Jeep died. “, no! Asami, get out.” When they got out of the vehicle, they were bombarded with darts. “No, not this again.” Asami, back to her old self slapped Tina and took the gun from her. She was confused and reluctantly raised the gun against Tina. She knew she was the enemy yet she did not want her to get captured. Tch! This sneaky Homo's pheromones surely takes time to wear off.

 

The sky darkened and a black Jaeger landed close to them. A pilot came down and handed a full face mask to her. “Wear this honey, it'll wear off in a while as soon as you're no longer exposed.” Asami took the mask and gave Colonel the gun. As she was wearing the mask, the Colonel approached Tina and shot her on the knees. Seeing this made Asami feel a pinch in her heart. ing pheromones. Snap out of this! You love the Colonel. Colonel Ken Sakura.

 

A truck of soldiers came, following the Jaeger. “Take the prisoner to the cell, bind her arms, legs and mouth. Do not heal her knees too. Let them bleed, let her feel pain.” The Colonel ordered.

 

Come, Asami. We'll need to report this to Commander Wolfe, but let's go to the infirmary first.” The Colonel's arm wrapped around her and they began to walk away, against her better self, she turned back and looked at their prisoner.

 

 

--o--

 

The Manor/Base

 

From the reports I read, this Homo's powers included heightened senses and strength, incredible healing abilities and the so called 'love pheromones', is that correct?”

 

Yes, commander Wolfe. That is correct.”

 

And Captain Asami Schmidt here was exposed to this 'love pheromones' ?

 

Y-yes sir.”

 

Hmmm.. If that is the case, how can we be sure that the Captain here is no longer under the control of this.. creature? Based on the footage of the escape, Captain Schmidt not only assisted in the escape of the prisoner but also burned and killed fifteen of our men. How can I be sure that she wouldn't snap and burn me to crisp now?

 

I-I-I have no..”

 

You only have my word as guarantee that I will not turn on my kind again, that I won't burn you to a crisp, Sir. I won't let this foul creature take over my mind again. I have dedicated my service and life to our cause, Commander: the eradication of these creatures before they begin a war.” Asami stood and hammered her hand on the table. “Now, if you'll excuse me, I would like to wash the filth from my body. Sir.” She gave her signature smirk and walked away.

 

The feel of a warm water against her skin help her relaxed. She washed her hair, and face. She began recalling the events of today, then her fingers reached for her lips and the she remembered the kiss Tina gave. She shook her head and punched the wall, breaking the tile and cutting her knuckles. “!”

 

She wiped herself and put on her officer uniform and an oxygen mask. She went to the holding cell where Tina was. She found her in an air-tight cell, bound from mouth to foot, sitting on the corner. The only thing between them was the two-inch bullet proof glass supported by titanium alloy. Again, she felt a pinch in her heart when she saw the sorry state of her prisoner. Blood stained her pants and the floor, coming from the bullet wounds on her knees, messy hair covering her bloody face. I guess they beat her up before they put her in there. But the thing that caught her attention the most was those beautiful blood red eyes.

 

AAAAAAARGH! ! NO! NO!” She took out her handgun and shot at the bullet proof glass separating her and Tina. She pulled the trigger angrily until the magazine was empty. She looked at Tina but it seems this didn't even made her flinch. Her blood red eyes were still focused on her. The loud bang of the gun called the attention of the guards outside. “Ma'am, is everything alright?” One guard asked.

 

Yes. I just need to get that out of my system. Thank you private.” She smirked and made her way out of the holding cells. That felt good. I'm ready to do what I need to do now. She flashed her sinister smile as she walks.