Chapter 6: Weapon H part 2

WORLD WAR H

It was the morning of their departure, the sun was high but weather was cool. It was pefrect weather to travel and both Aom and Tina hated that. None of them will admit it even to themselves, but they hate the thought of parting from one another. There was an awkward silence as they prepare for their journey, both of them were still thinking about what happened last night. For the first time, it was Aom who spoke first. “Tina, about last night.. I uh, I didn't mean to.. What I mean is..” Then Tina looked at Aom and smiled. “I know, there's no need for you to explain. I know you didn't mean to do it. Let's forget about that. I just want to remember the fun things we did when we part ways. We're friends, even if we are at war, right?” Tina held out her hand and Aom took it, she smiled though there was a hint of sadness and regret.

 

The journey didn't last long, it only took them six hours before they reached the edge of the Utopian base's territory. 500 meters around the base's area was plane, leveled and planted with mines. All the structures that stood there, even trees were removed so that a surprise attack from the ground would be impossible. In the middle was the base itslef, a three-storey structure 200 meters wide. Outside were thick concrete walls protected by sentinel guns. Inside there was a taller structure, the communications tower and below was the jaeger hangar, above the hangar were tha anti-aircraft missiles and air-ship guns. It was a small fortress built to withstand an attack from above and on ground. They were about to make their way to the gate when Aom suddenly realised something, the gate was open. “Tina wait, there's something wrong here, the gate is opened and there are no guards on the wall and on the ground.” Aom said as she pulled Tina back to cover. “I guess I better check it out first.” Tina was about to stand when someone suddenly spoke. “I wouldn't do that if I were you.” Tina could feel something sharp behind her neck, Aom turned and saw a woman in a black figure, her face covered by a helmet. “Mean? Is that you?” Tina turned her back. The mysterious person removed her helmet, revealing her beautiful soft brunette hair and a sweet smile. “Tina, Tina, Tina.. I thought I did a good job training you but here you are at the wrong end of the knife.” Mean removed her knife from Tina's neck and hid it. “How come I didn't sense you coming? Nor even smell you?” Tina confusedly asked. “I was here about a few hours before you arrived here, I have been tracking you.” Mean answered. “And so, this is the Utopian who capture you. Why haven't you killed her Tina?” Mean turned to Aom whose gun is pointed at her. “Aom, wait. She's Mean, my friend. Mean, Aom doesn't mean any harm. She's not like the others.” Tina got in between them. “Tina, you're sole purpose is to kill the enemy. She's the enemy so why is she still alive. Don't tell me..” Mean replied. “Tina's choice of not killing me is none of your concern.” Aom stood up and raised her firearm once more. “Look, you two better stop. We have bigger problems here. Mean I will explain to you later, right now we need to get Aom inside that base.” Tina raised her voice and her eyes starts to turn red. Aom lowered her fiream and so did Mean. “You cannot go in there, that base is overrunned.” Mean said. “Overrunned by what? That's impossible, there are no signs of any explosions or attack outside the walls.” Aom replied. “That is because your stupid Hetero friends let the enemy in. They are the Wasteland raiders, they infest this part of the world, I never thought they could outsmart Utopians. We need to wait until dusk, raiders don't stay in one place for too long.” Mean said and so they wait.

 

And so as Mean said, at dusk the raiders left the base. Aom, Tina and Mean made their way silently into the base. Tina came in first with her katana, sensing if there were any enemies that stayed behind. When they were sure it was clear, they entered the complex. Aom locked the gates and they started their way inside the fortress. “I can feel someone, weak but still alive. Here!” Tina ran towards the jaeger hangar, there she could see many bullet holes and dead bodies, none of the jaeger in the hangar was touched though. As Tina followed her senses, she was surprised to be led to a dead end. She looked everywhere yet she could not find the source of life. “Tina, there's no one here. Are you sure about what you sensed?” Mean said. “I'm very sure, it's supposed to be around here somewhere.” Tina replied. Aom scanned the area for a second look but she found nothing. She rested herself against one of the jaeger's leg, she slid her firearm and it hit the metal leg of the jaeger, sending hollow sounds. “That's weird, it sounds as if it is empty.” Aom said. Both Tina and Mean moved closer to where Aom is standing. “A jaeger's leg is not supposed to sound hollow.” Aom said as she knocked on the metal with her knuckles. Mean scanned the leg and found traces of blood near the foot and there, she found a handprint on its heel. Mean pressed the handprint and suddenly, a secret door flashed-open. The three were surprised at the sound of the door opening. “I'll go in first.” Said Tina as she unsheetes her katana sword. The door led to an elevator protected by a security code. Aom checked the command prompt and tried to enter her security log in but it was not accpted, then reluctant, Aom tried her mother's security log in and it was accepted. Mean was becoming skeptical of Aom but she kept it to herself. They rode the elevator and it took them them 5 minutes to get to the very end, meaning that they are hundreds of feet below ground.

 

As the elevator doors open, the three prepared themselves for whatever is waiting for them behind the doors. They were greeted by lights from computers and sparks from broken wires. On the command screen at the front, there were pictures and some had an “X” mark on them. Mean looked at them closely and soon, she realised who they were. “Those are the former and current officers of Eden, some of them even date back a hundred years ago. What is this place?” Mean asked. She browsed the records of the computer and found pictures of the said leaders from when they were younger. “Get away from there.” A man came from behind, holding a pistol pointed against Mean. Tina moved in fast against the man and before he knew it, Tina has his gun and her sword was on his neck. Then Tina realised the man was wounded, shot at his stomach. She released her sword and his gun and quickly covers his wound with her hands. “We, we made a mistake. The past, ww-we should have left it alone.” The man was struggling as he spoke. Mean and Aom came closer and listened to the man. Aom looked at his uniform and recognized that he was from a special research division of the Utopian Military. “Oh, you're a Utopian. I'm sorry, we.. are sorry. Daughters of Adam, I- I uh, ugh.. apologize you as well. We did something...please look in..in the memory bank... October 10, 2115. P-project H.” The man tries to let it all out as he draws his last breath. “Sir, wait.. wake up.” Aom said as she shakes the man. “She's dead Aom. I'm sorry.” Tina said as she closed the man's eyes and laid him carefully on the ground. Mean sat down on the computer and searched the memory bank for “Project H and October 10, 2115”. There, she found a recording of the man who just died:

 

I am Colonel James E. Muntz. Today, we inititated Project H, the key to victory. As we all know, the war began a 95 years ago when the Homos displayed threat to the society we live in. Their ersed way of life endangers the morals of the future generations and their powers endanger the world itself and so, the Purge was initiated, killing 85 percent of them. But as we dropped the bombs on them, we also destroyed 70% of the world. And so, 95 years later, Dr. Johann Schulberg discovered a wormhole that leads to 2015, when the very first Homo came out. And so, we devised a plan that could win us the war without destroying the world. We've sent a team back to 2015, they scouted the past and tested the wormholes efficiency. And so, Project H began. In one of the trips made by the team Raiders, they found a Homo that could neutralize another Homo's power. Its name is Zee Keenan, n singer. We manipulated her blood and created the ultimate weapon that could neutralize a Homo's power for moment, giving us an upperhand in combat. We used this weapon to assasinate or neutralize the powers of the future Eden leaders in the hopes of exterminating them without the bombs..”

 

The records cuts there. Mean then searched October 10, 2115, today's date:

 

We were betrayed, Major Wolfe betrayed We found some of Weapon H's blood sample missing. Now we are being attacked by the Raiders led by Wolfe himself. He means to be rid of us all, Homos and Heteros alike. He made another kind of abomination, he fused all the powers of the category 4 to himself. He has now travelled back to 2015 to kill the two threats to his rule, Sappho Venus and Zee Keenan. He means to establish his rule there. To anyone who can see this message, you must stop him. His pressence there would lead the world in a even more chaotic timeline.” Bzzzz... The recording has been cut.

 

The three were left dumbfounded, shocked and afraid. “We must stop him.” Tina said. “It's not too late, we're still here so that means he still has not established his rule yet.” Aom looked at Tina and Mean. “You're right, this affects us all. Let's go now.” Aom replied. “I'll agree with you on this one Hetero.” Mean said. They went to the Project H chamber, on the right side of the the chamber they found a walk in closet containing clothes that were worn by the people of 2015 and in the middle was the Wormhole Chamber itself. “We should change.” Mean said. “Tina, go to the other room.” Mean added, which saved Aom from the embarrassment of being seen by Tina. When Tina was in the other room, Mean started to talk to Aom. “ I know who you are. The true question is, why are you here with Tina.” Mean said. “ That is none of your business. I am with Tina because she is different. She's not as how I envisioned the enemy would be. You however, are exactly as how I envisioned the enemy to be.” Aom replies with a grin. “ Well, I think I know exactly why you are with her. Tina is different, I'll grant you that but you don't know how different she is. What you feel about her now may change once you learn how different she is, Princess.” Mean grinned at Aom. Aom was about to give Mean a right swing but Tina suddenly came in. “I'm ready. Let's go. Wow, those clothes fit you two really well. You look good in them, both of you.” Tina said as she grabbed a bag and some Thai Bhat and US Dollars from the cash vault. Mean cannot help but blush at what Tina said and Aom noticed. “ I think I know exactly why you're being an to me. What you feel towards her may change when you learn how different I am.” Aom gave Mean an evil grin and walks towards the cash vault. “We need to leave all our weapons here. No one can know we are from the future. That means your katana, Tina.” Mean said as she pointed at Tina's sword. “What? Katana's have existed since the time of the Samurais, they have a lot of these back there.” Tina hugged her sword, which she somehow grew attached too. “Fine, but if that thing give us away. I'll shoot you.” Aom said. “ Why are you ganging up on me?” Tina said. Mean and Aom rolled their eyes at Tina, then Mean went to the control pad to set the time and date of their destination. “So, the last input was January 2, 2015, 3:00 p.m. Let's go there at January 1, 2015 at 12:00 midnight so we could establish a camp and search for him.” Mean types in the coordinates and then, they entered the Wormhole Chamber. Everythings starts to power up, after a few seconds a bright light blinded them and then they could feel themselves being ripped apart and mixed together and after a minute of excrutiating pain, they found themselves lying in the middle of a hallway with people staring at them. “Where exactly are we?” Tina said. “You're in the middle of the hallway you idiots.” One of the bystander said. “Who are you calling an idiot?” Both Aom and Mean said as they stood up, the bystander backed away. Aom reads the sign posted on the wall. “Rangsit University Libraby.”

 

And so, their journey begins...

 

-------------->Author's Note:

Sorry if I was not able to update for so long guys. Here are two chapters to make it up to you. So, what do you think? Thanks for reading my stories! :)