Chapter 4: Dreams and Memories

WORLD WAR H

AOM

Kim!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and I think she heard. Tina's eyes opened for a while, giving Aom a glimpse of her red iris, then they closed again. I have never been so happy to see those red eyes. She's okay, her wounds are healing now, thank God.. Aom lifts Tina's head and placed it on her lap, she placed her hand under the leaking roof of the bus and used it to clean Tina's blood filled face. So, she is a girl after all, how stupid of me, of course she's a tom! A Daughter of Adam! So, this is what she looks like without her mask. I never thought she would look this.... good. She looks like someone though, but who? Aom could smell something fragrant but she doesn't know what it is. She kept on cleaning Tina's face until the thunder woke her up. Tina raised her body and now her face is leveled with Aom's. “I think I'm alright now. How about you?” Tina puts her hand on Aom's face as she checks the bruises on her face and as Tina does that, she could feel her body slowly heating up and her heart starts to beat fast. What is this? What is happening? I feel... weird. The hell? Why is she looking at me like that? “Pie where's my mask?” She asked me. Oh, she's standing up. “Hey! Where do you think you're going?” I held her arm but she was too strong. “I need to find my mask, it's for your own good.” For my own good? Why? She shouldn't put that mask back on though, she looks better without it. Less threatening.. and cute.. The hell Aom! Cute? Snap out of it, what's wrong with me! Aom slapped herself both physically and mentally.

 

TINA

! Where the hell's my mask? I never should have removed it but I needed to breathe. Ugh.. She inhaled my pheromones and now she's starting to feel it, I need to find my mask. The effects only last two hours if she's not constantly exposed. Tina searched through the debris of the wall that she blew up earlier. After a couple of minutes of rummaging, she found her mask. She wiped it clean with the rain then she washed her blood filled clothing, the puddle beneath her feet turned brownish red. Gotta hand to Puey, this fabric really is amazing. Tina puts her mask back on. Maybe I should tell Pie about this other power of mine. I'm pretty sure she's weirded out by what she's feeling now. Or not? The effects will wear off in a couple of hours anyway. Yep, better not tell her. Those people, their weapons were tainted with something. They temporarily neutralized my powers. I need to warn my people back home. But I need to take Pie back home first, I'll escape as soon as I'm sure she is safe. Tina went back to the bus and there she found Aom checking her rifle and as soon as she came in, Aom pointed it at her. “Okay, I know you're mad 'cause I ran away. But hey, I did it for your own good and I'm back now so, let's point that thing someplace else.” Tina slowly points the end of the rifle away from her but Aom points it back at her. “If you ever leave me again, I'm going to kill you, then I'll revive you then kill you again. Got it?” Aom said to her. “Got it ma'am!” What a weird chick, it's as if she was never exposed to me. I thought she be nicer while she's under my spell. “So Pie, how far is this base of yours? We're out of food and water and there are people hunting us, we won't last long, especially with that weapon of theirs.” “It's just a couple of day's away. If we could find any vehicle we could make it in a few hours. But I think we should spend the night here, traveling in this storm will kill us. This bus should suffice.” Aom said.

 

The storm continues to pour heavy rain and blow strong winds, thunders crack almost every minute. Aom sat on the front side of the bus near the entrance while Tina sat on the other side. It was pitch dark except when lightning strikes, there was awkward silence between them so Tina started to speak.

So, uhm.. Sorry I broke your cuffs, I needed both my hands to fight you see.” “Well, there's nothing we could do about it. So, if you could break those cuffs why didn't you break them before and escaped?” “I didn't want you to travel alone. As you can see, it's pretty dangerous.” Tina smiled though Aom couldn't see it. If I didn't know any better I'd think you have my powers and I'm under your spell. “You're crazy, I don't need you to protect me. I can take care of myself. The truth is, Kim, I'm planning to let you go.” I just didn't want you to leave. Shut up other AOM! “Why?” Tina was confused and surprised to hear that. “Because it's not you whom I needed to retrieve, it was the one who was shooting thunderbolts from its fingertips.” “Oh, so why didn't you let me go then?” Tina's face might be covered but her eyes showed Aom that she is teasing her. “Because.. I.. uhm, well.. I don't need to explain myself to you! Stupid homo!” Good thing it's dark or she would have seen me blushing. Why the hell am I blushing? Jeez..Tina laughed. I guess the effects haven't lifted up completely yet. “Kim, those people, they hurt you. You were not healing, its like they poisoned their weapons. I was temporarily paralyzed and blinded when the man cuts me with that katana.” Aom rubs her arm. “Yeah, I should warn the people back home about that. Pie, would you tell your people about that poison? I mean, if you would use that against us, you could exterminate us in a flash.” Aom never thought about it before. “Well, I'm obliged to do so. But Kim, if that day should come, run away and save as many as you can.” Tina looked at Aom with much confusion. “Why tell me this? You loathed my kind.” “Well, I was wrong about you, Kim. You are good and I guess, there are good people like you back in your home.” She keeps calling me by my name now.. “Alright, by the way Pie, why do you hate us? I mean we are enemies and all but your hatred seems to go way deep.” “My father was murdered by a powerful homo. Him and my best friend with her parents as well. They were all murdered. I was there but I survived, I don't know how and why but I did. Some say its a miracle, the homo was a category five. Since then, I promised that I will find it and get revenge. It took away a lot from me.” Aom tries to recollect her memory from that day but she just can't. “I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't think he or she was a category five. Sappho was the first and last category five homo. Maybe she's a four?” Tina said. “I don't care whatever category it is, I will hunt it down.” Aom said in an angry manner.

 

I understand how you feel. My parents are gone too, they were killed in action when I was seven. I couldn't even remember they faces. Sometimes, I wish I was born before the war. I would live on that hill in my dream, with that girl. She sure is pretty.” Tina said. “Oh, is that the girl that turned you homo?” Aom asked. “Truth be told, I don't know her but I kept dreaming about her since my parents died. It's the same dream for the last 10 years. I was standing in the middle of the meadows, then this girl would call me. She would then tell me that she saw a thing in her parents' video then she would slide a ring made of flowers on my ring finger. Then she'd say she saw another thing in that video, then she moves her face closer to mine like she was about to kiss me then I would wake up. Weird right? Hehe..” Then Tina noticed that Aom suddenly became quiet. “Hey, are you okay?” Tina asked Aom. “Y-yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired. Maybe we should sleep.” Aom replied. Tina nodded, she rests her back against the wall and closed her eyes. Aom on the other hand lied on the floor and hugged her rifle. Her head was heavy and she felt a bit uneasy, it was like she was remembering something but somehow, she couldn't grab it. She closed her eyes and fortunately, sleep found her.

 

The smell of dew fills her nostrils, the warm sun was on her shoulders and the grass beneath her feet were dancing to the tune of the winds. She was picking flowers and tying them together to make a ring. She then called her special friend, she gave a ring to her friend and then she slides the other to her friend's finger. Her friend slid the ring on her finger as well. Then she remembered another thing that she saw in the video. She moved her face close to her friend, she closed her eyes as she moves her lips closer to her friend's lips. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster as they grow closer then suddenly, someone shouted and then everything became a blur.

 

--------------->Author's Notes

Daughter of Adam- it is a term used for lesbians especially toms

Son of Eve- a term used for gay men

Homos get their powers during the time they fall for the same gender, this usually happens during puberty but in some cases, they do not get any powers at all like Col. Mean.