Reality Bites

Reality Bites {Complete}
Fan Fiction

Reality Bites

by Anne

Chapter 7

After a walk in the beach,Jiro and Selina went to Chinatown for dinner.Jiro brought Selina to a nice restaurant.And he treated her to dinner until they have their fill.

Jiro test Selina if she can read the Chinese writings on the menu.She have a hard time but she was able at least to read part of it.Jiro gave out a laugh when she tried to talk in Mandarin but the waiter seem unable to understand her.

They have a good time browsing from one store to another after dinner.Selina searched for magazines that have Fahrenheit on the cover.She found some stuff and bought it.They have jewelries,gold and jade for good luck.They have little knicks knacks for decorations.They browse and shopped till they got tired.They walk and walk until their feet got sore..

They finally got tired and decided to go home.It was close to midnight when they finally said their goodbyes.Before Selina went inside the house,Jiro gave Selina a box.Selina was surprised for she never saw him bought something.And Selina gave Jiro a questioning look.regarding the gift.

"What is this?" she asked "You already treat me for dinner"

"It is nothing just for good luck" he said."I hope you find your happiness" trying to avoid Selina's eyes.

Selina open the box and found a chain with a jade pendant on it.Selina looks at him and said "You should have not done this"

"I saw this and it reminds me of you" he said."So I decided to get it for you.They said it is lucky if it is given as a gift."

"But it is too much of a gift"Selina said .

"It is really nothing ,don't put too much on it" Jiro said "Just a token of our friendship"

"It is beautiful" Selina said as she took out the chain out of the box and tried to put it on.Jiro came over and help her put it on.He had a hard time locking the chain for his hand is shaky.Selina felt the tension in him  too.He was so near her that she can feel him.He finally  able to lock the chain and as he look at her.He liked what he saw as a smile broke in his face.She was beautiful specially when she smiled back at him.He could not stop himself when the urge to kiss her came .Jiro give in to the temptations and kiss her on the cheeks after that, which caught Selina by surprise.Even him was surprised by his action but it was too late to stop himself.

Selina suddenly felt shy as she hurriedly say her goodbye and run inside.Jiro can only stared at her back after that.

Jiro was left with a question and guilt.He should have not kissed her,he thought.He felt so stupid for giving in to his emotion.Next time I have to check up myself,other wise I might give myself away.I hope she is not mad at me .She might think I am taking advantage of her because of our friendship.I cannot lose that friendship,that is all I have of her,Jiro thought.

Selina went to the room confused.She does not understand what she is feeling right now.Does it mean he likes me,Selina thought.No he cannot like me ,he is engaged ,engaged to be married.maybe the kiss is nothing.It is not like he kiss her on the lips or something.Maybe it is just a friendly kiss and I am reacting this way.I should not put meaning to it.But Selina could not forget the kiss.

For the first time in many nights,Selina's mind was on Jiro Wang the doctor,her friend not on Jiro the star.....