Reality Bites

Reality Bites {Complete}

Fan Fiction

Reality Bites

Author's Note
I 'm sorry ,if I am dragging this story.I kind of sort of having a separation anxiety from this story since this the longest story I have written.But I guess I overstretched it and I guess I can go on and on but everything should come to an end one point or another....Thanks for sharing and I do love your comments.
------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a Monday morning and Selina could not believe that she is back in Los Angeles and yes back to work.She dragged her exhausted body from bed and took a shower.Who says that vacation is relaxing,she thought,Boy she is more tired than ever,But the thought of sharing her experiences with her friends in the hospital got her excited and the thought of course of seeing Jiro again in their common ground,gives sparkle to her eyes.

She put on her colored scrubs and her sneakers on and put her hair in a pony to make it neat.Now she is back to the old and efficient Selina.Somehow it feels different and yes she will always love to be a nurse.She put a light lipstick and a gloss as a final touch and grabbed her bag as she walked downstairs.

She was surprised to see her Dad still at home at this time,Usually he was all gone at the crack of a dawn.She greeted him with a hesitation on her part.The memory from yesterday still fresh from her mind.And how her Dad refuse to talk to her much less to utter a word when she was around hang on her head.

"Good morning Dad"Selina said as she kissed him on the cheek.She thought he will ignore her ,but she was surprised when his Dad hug her back and embraced her tightly.

"Oh my Princess have grown up" her Dad said."Do you really love this guy,this Chinese doctor?Do you think he can make you happy and take care of you like me and you Mom have done?"

"Oh Dad I am sorry."Selina said now teary"Yes I think I will be happy with Jiro.I really love him Dad.And I don't think I will be happy with anybody but Jiro."

"You know that me and your Mom only think what is best for you.He better treat you good and if not I will haunt him down till the end."He said.

"Oh Dad ,does it mean you are agreeing...does it mean you are giving us your blessings?"Selina asked.

Her Dad nodded."Bring him tonight in the house and we will have to talk man to man"

"Dad please be nice to him."Selina said...

"No I will just give him a piece of my mind"Selina's Dad said."Don't worry I will not scare him.So bring him home tonight."

"Dad,Thank you..Thank you"as Selina hug her Dad once more.

That night Selina came home with Jiro.Jiro was all anxious and nervous.He felt his hands sweating once again.Somehow he does not know if talking to Selina's Dad is better than not talking at all.But Selina look so positive today which give him a certain encouragement.Coming today is coming out in a battle and laying your cards on the table.But the bet is high and the prize is biggest prize of them all ....Selina.

They have dinner first.Selina's parents and them Jiro and Selina.Selina's Mom prepared a special dinner.Somehow Jiro thought,yeah they usually feed you before you are to face the electric chair and he laughed at himself for comparing the two.

After dinner Selina's dad invite Jiro out in the deck as they share a drink together.He was expecting harsh and threatening word but the word he got was a word of love coming from a Father who love and treasure his daughter more than his own life.He never could imagine that the man that he spoke the other day will be this loving and tender Father.He shared his wisdom with him about relationship,about marriage,about fatherhood and about life itself.Talking to him Jiro learned to respect this man who is going to be his father in law.

Selina's dad was also surprised ,talking to Jiro,he thought he will hate or dislike this guy to the core.But he found no things to throw at this guy.He is exactly the guy that everybody would want for their daughter.There was no hesitation and no doubt about his feelings to Selina.He is a man of few words but he knows what he wants in life.He got determination and patience that will help them through life.

Selina was surprised to see her Dad and Jiro going back to the house with her Dad's arms in Jiro's shoulder.Seeing the two men that she love the most together and getting along somehow bring tears to Selina's eyes.

"Selina,call your Mom and come over here."her Dad 's voice looming over the house.

"Jiro ,I and my wife ,are giving you our blessing to marry our daughter,Selina.Welcome to the family." as they hug each other."May your marriage be blessed with lots of children."

Later that night,Jiro and Selina are alone in the garden Jiro's arm is around Selina."Whoa I never imagine tonight."Jiro said."Your dad is an amazing Dad and a husband.If I can only be half of what he is,then I will be happy."

"Yeah he is great,but I think the one on my arm tonight can even surpass that great man.First he has the character and the same quality as that great man,that is why I love him so much."Selina said.

"You think so,you are not being bias or showing favoritism are you?"Jiro said teasing her and facing her.Her face right in his face .

Selina shook her head with laughter in her eyes.

"So Miss Selina Rehn,will you marry me?"Jiro asked

"Yes I will marry you Dr. Jiro Wang with all my heart and soul" as they kissed each other....

THE END................