Capsule 7: Just like the rain

A Tranquilizer with your Cold Coffee

Capsule 7: Just like the rain

 

[Flashback]

“Where does the rain come from?

..And me.. where do I come from?

..And where am I gonna go?

..I spent time thinking why?

..I don’t deserve life, why gave it to me?

Why?”

 

[Present]

Jung residence, Seoul, South Korea

“Aigoo.. isn’t a cave at all” Juhyun sighed off while looked at the super luxury mansion in front of her together with a beautiful big fountain and truly nice garden.

Yonghwa had his maids and chauffer bring Juhyun’s luggage to her room and he walked to the girl “Want to live in cave so much, huh, SeoJuhyun?” He asked her smilingly and then he caught her paler face than usual, what was wrong? He asked himself.

The girl looked not greedy or any excited with his richness. Perhaps it didn’t matter to her at all, he guessed.

Contrarily, she was afraid, was she?

“Cave is okay if there are some candles or lamps” She said honestly and innocently as always.

“You’re afraid of darkness, are you?” He tried to find out what was on her mind.

“People aren’t afraid of darkness, they’re afraid because they don’t know what inside the darkness. But me, I’m afraid if a Juhyun tree will be a hindrance here.”

“Hindrance? No way! Come on here, SeoJuhyun” Yonghwa pulled her by the hand to get inside the house; he wanted to shelter her from stupid fear because he saw what she was afraid now. As always she was afraid she might trouble him.

“Tell me, there are thousand people live here and I’ll believe I’m not any hindrance” Juhyun said while followed him behind.

“Why’s that?” Yonghwa turned his face to look at her.

“Because thousand plus one is thousand and one …but six plus one is seven”

Yonghwa looked at her sincere face.

He got what she meant, she meant she wanted to be a little part added in; just small part in big amount.

“You are good in maths, Juhyun, but I live here with Imo, only two of us” Yonghwa said that and saw her face became paler and paler.

He bent a little to her and rubbed his thumbs her cheeks; he just wished it would help to get her face more color or just helped her relax.

“Don’t you think it is better? Look! If you think about something like…thousand per one, or two per one and yeah…one per one, it isn’t hard on you much, right?”

Yonghwa tried to give her the maths logic on what she might face, only one person she had to deal with – his aunt.

“Ahem…” The sound interrupted. Yes… talking of the devil and came the…old lady in wheelchair, elegant from head to toe and conceited to death as always “Just stepped inside, and see, how intimaidly you are, huh?” She said in full of sarcasm tone.

Yonghwa took back his hand and turned to face his aunt “Imo, it isn’t anything like-“

“I don’t care how sinful and shameful you two are doing at the outside! But in this house I already told you I don’t want to hear or see anything go against virtue!”

“Imo, please listen to me. Because Juhyun is anxious, so I tried to calm her and made her relax, just that and nothing more. I never tried to do anything against virtue as you said” Yonghwa explained.

“So you say I’m an old woman who worries too freaking much, huh?” She raised her voice “You know why I have to bother with, if not because shame on someone to this house!”

“Imo, shouldn’t keep thinking about that, it’s long gone. We should let it go”

“Let it go, huh? Should I? Who knows running in your blood is from your low tasted mom that that pain in my !”

Somehow sometimes somewhere, there was a boundary not for someone to cross.

And if someone dared to cross, there might be any conflict.

“Imo, please stop cursing omma like that” Yonghwa said in low tone warningly while tried his best to calm himself, his fist clenched like he tried to hold on invisible one last string.

Because now, he was touched on a pain point, the pain and his scars which not for anyone to touch with hatred and hurt, so he might fight back.

“Whatever my omma was.. however my omma did, But me…I’m a different person to omma‼” He crashed his voice at the end in furious.

But his conscience pulled him back before he did something he would regret later.

“Excuse me, Imo” Yonghwa bowed to his aunt and turned to grab Juhyun’s wrist “Let’s go, I’ll show you your room” He walked her to grand stairs.

……….

“I’m sorry, you have to see and hear something ugly” Yonghwa told the girl when they were already inside her room, her grand bed room. And Juhyun started survey around while Yonghwa sat on the small yellow couch.

“Don’t be worried, I heard nothing, samchoen” Juhyun told while looked around bed which had pillar at each angle and canopy just as the princess’s big bed in fairy tale.

A grand room in fairy tale theme, with white, soft pink, baby blue and pastel colors tone. The white curtain wavered by the wind outside and the soft sunlight illuminated the room in the dreaming way. And the smell of daisies and fresh breeze was around so pleasantly. Closets, table, shelves and everything arrange neatly as came out from magazine or movie scene. It looked so girly suited the sweetest owner like SeoJuhyun.

“Perhaps I heard the thunder…it hummed ‘hmm hmm’..and then rain came, made we felt like sleeping, don’t you think so?” She wheedled so adorably while looked on shelve which was still empty.

Yonghwa looked at the girl, her sweet voice sang to him like a lullaby even he didn’t have a clue how come the rain and thunder as what she said.

“I heard something just like the rain falling down, good thing our house has roof, so we won’t get soaked. But if it runs through a crack on the ceiling, we just spend time on repair. But if we didn’t felt like repairing, we could wait cause rain doesn’t come every day” Juhyun said while look up to light clouds in the soft blue sky of ceilingpaper.

Yonghwa thought she didn’t dabble nonsense, or did she? But the point was he felt calm in hearing her, he just liked this voice more and more.

“Trees rely on rain, right? You think I should plant some tree on the window and at the balcony, samchoen?” She asked while checked on the window and balcony.

“Sure, it’s your room, what tree you like?” Yonghwa agreed on that.

“I don’t know yet”

“There is a grass house at the backyard with many tries, wanna check it out?”

“Grass house?” Her eyes seemed so shimmering immediately and she was excited like a little kid got her favorite toy, and then she nodded.

“Come here, I’ll take you there but before that, tell me you like this room or not” He asked while stood up, walked close to the girl and reach out his hand to let her held.

“Yes, I like it less than I like cave a little bit” She hold his hand and they both started to walk hand in hand, they talked together the whole way.

“Cave again, huh? Do you really want to live in cave, SeoJuhyun?”

“I want to live in cave less than I want to live in this place a little bit”

“Are you trying to annoy me?”

“No, I’m not trying to annoy you…I just like cave but live in cave must be inconvenient. I’m not afraid of inconvenience though, my ancestors lived in cave before.”

“Wow sound interesting, but how many generations before you to that ancestors of yours, huh?”

“I didn’t count, but sometimes I acted as a cave man. Samchoen, you are not good in maths, right?” She switched to another topic in sudden.

“What! Why’s that? SeoJuhyun!”

“You can’t count thoroughly, you told me here are only two but I see many people, and the chauffer, too. Don’t they live here?” Juhyun said when she saw many maids around doing their duties

“No, they don’t. They live in cave” Yonghwa tried to annoy her back.

“Then send me there, I want to live with them, it must be fun”

“No, you live here”

“But-“

“There is a library here, full of thousand books, don’t you like it?” Younghwa cut her argument.

“Deal, I will live here and forget about cave”

Younghwa let out his laughter “SeoJuhyun, really? You could be deceived easily by library, huh? But you are difficult to understand, so what are the real you?”

“You just don’t know me yet, I’m a book”

“Which book?”

“The one I read”

“Every book you read?”

“Not sure…Ah choengmalro, samcheon, please don’t let any cracks be on the ceiling of library but anywhere else are fine”

“Because of rain, is it?”

“Yepe because books don’t like rain, even it come and gone..but I like rain, sometime I acted as rain”

Just like the rain

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N/A Dear readers, I'm so sorry I have gone M.IA. for so long.

So now I'm back, hope you enjoy reading my fic :)

Yours truly

 

YS FOREVER <3