05 - Wish

Trust Me

~~Wish~~

Mr. Lee leaves the room. I look around my room and it's perfect. It's cozy. I have a small desk in the middle and a tiny couch near the window. I draw the curtains and have the view of the road. I can't hear the buzzing noise of the cars or fans crowded in front of the building. Although the view isn't like the quiet and serene I wish for, but it's good enough. I close the curtains back. I am hungry but do not wish to roam around the building to search for the canteen. I remove the bun from my bag and eat it. I go through the folder which we got in the meeting. It has the names and job titles of everyone involved in the project. I see my name in the executive list and smile. I read through the profiles of the group members and try memorizing their faces and names. By the time I am done reading the pages in the folder it's 12. I text Minah to meet me for lunch somewhere close. 

I leave my office and make my way out of SM building successfully. 

I update Minah about my new work and she is so happy for me. She tells me that she was asked to go to Japan office for a month and help the team with overseas promotion issues. She is very excited to go. I am happy for her. 

Today, I have seen so many people truly happy for various reasons and realize the best feeling to me is to see someone else smiling. Happiness is contagious. The joy I feel to see 'my people' smiling is beyond my ability to describe. 

I hug Minah and wish her good luck and a safe journey. 

I walk to the departmental store to get some things for my new office. I pick a few color pens, sticky notes and notepads from the stationery section. I also get some chocolates and snacks to stock in my office. 

I decide to stop by a shop that has home and office decor items. I pick a small pillow for my back rest and light yellow coffee mug. I walk towards the check out when a young lady calls me,
"Hello!! We are giving out complementary gifts for our second anniversary. Can you please select a chit to know what lucky gift you will receive ", she tells me with a pleasant smile. 

I nod and pick a chit and hand it to her. 

"Here is your gift. May your wishes come true. Thank you for stopping by our store. " 

She gives me a wishbone and I thank her. I pay the cashier and walk towards SM. 

I walk up towards my office to keep my bags. I stop by a practice room and see the EXO guys playing around with each other through the glass doors. They say something to each other and start laughing; one guy rolls over his stomach laughing I guess that is Baekhyun. They all look so so so very happy. I wish with all my heart that they always be happy. I start recalling their faces and names I had memorized in the morning. I recall almost all of them, but one person seems to be missing among them. Kris, where is he ?. I look around the room and can't seem to locate him. I turn left and bam he is in front of me. I fluster and stumble and lose my balance. He quickly leans forward and holds me from falling. While trying to put me straight, his knee hits one of my bags and I hear a crack sound. 

I pull myself together and tell with so much confusion “Sorry. Sorry. Thanks. Sorry. "

He laughs a little and says “Are you always so confused?"

"Hmmm?", I ask him with more confusion smeared across my face. 

"Chill. I was just kidding. Hi. I am Kris. I saw you earlier today. You are?"

"Mia"

"Mia, right. So what were you doing here?"

"I was just going to my office to keep these bags" I look down and realize that I heard something crack, I think my mug. 

"I think you broke something there", he says pointing the bag. 

I look into my bag and see my cup is fine. And then see the wish bone that the lady in the decor shop gave had cracked from the middle. I take that out from the bag and as I am about to say that it's alright. He takes the wish bone from my hand, only to have one end of it with him and the other with me. 

"Sorry. I guess I broke it", he says

"No issues, it was already cracked because of my clumsiness. And I got it as a complementary gift. So it's all fine. "

"Oh.", that's all he says. 

"Anyways, I got to get going. I have a meeting now."

"Okay, bye. See you around Mia"

"Bye"

I walk back to my room and keep the bags on the couch. I realize I am holding one half of the broken wish bone. I put it in my drawer and take my note book and go to Mr. Lee's office.

Kris's POV

We move to the canteen to fill our hungry stomachs. After so many days, all of us are so happy. Until yesterday night none of us were sure of the road ahead. Around 11 at night, Mr. Lee Soman personally called us to his office. We all were very nervous initially but once he broke the news that we would be officially debuting, we all could not hide our huge smiles. None of us slept. We called our parents and told them the fantastic news. There were tears of joy in everyone's eyes. Tao and Suho kept getting emotional and kept crying. Baekhyun, Sehun, Chen and others kept teasing them. I have never seen the boys so happy. 

After having breakfast, we go to the practice room. Mr. Lee briefs us of what we would be doing in the coming week. He says that we will be assigned unique roles to fit into the 'EXO' concept. He informs that he is got some amazing producers, writers and composers for our first album and that most of the songs are almost ready. He tells us that till the album songs are finally composed, we will be having various training's; such as how to behave in public, answer media etc. He tells us that we will be advised on how to polish our personalities. Thereafter, we will start recording our songs by end of next week and there would be two months of practice. 

We initially get disappointed to know that we won't be debuting sooner than expected but then it seems justified as we can put a almost perfect start if we practiced more. 

We continue our dance practice for couple of hours and decide to take a break to eat our late lunch. Our new managers, Hyun Kyun and Seung Hwan come into the room and announce that we could order anything and how much ever we want, since we will have to start keeping a check on our diet for tomorrow. 

After so much commotion, we couldn't reach a unanimous decision so our managers tell us that we could order everything. We order chicken, pizza and noodles from different restaraunts. I go with the managers to help them place the order. 

After making the call, when I walk back to the practice room I see Mia standing outside and watching the guys playing around. She has a very warm and motherly smile on her face. She looks so pretty and that smile makes her even more pretty. I walk towards her. When she sees me, she gets surprised and wobbles. I hold her arms right on time before she could fall. My knee hits her bag and I hear the sound of something break. 

I leave her arms once she is up straight, and she looks at me with those lovely huge eyes.
" Sorry. Sorry. Thanks. Sorry. ", she says looking so bewildered. 

I smirk and try holding my laugh looking at her cute confused face. " Are you always so confused?",  I ask.

"Hmmm?", she says looking all the more confused. 

"Chill. I was just kidding. Hi. I am Kris. I saw you earlier today. You are??", I ask her though knowing her name just to pretend cool. 

"Mia", she says. 

"Mia, right. So what were you doing here?"

"I was just going to my office to keep these bags", she looks down to her bag and so do I and tell, "I think you broke something there"

She looks into her bag and removes a wish bone from the bag. It is not broken, there seems to be a crack in the middle. I take the wish bone from her to see if I have done a big damage, but when I pull the wish bone, I get only one end of it and realize that I pulled it with a lot of force and ended breaking it. 

"Sorry. I guess I broke it", I quickly apologize. 

"No issues, it was already cracked because of my clumsiness. And I got it as a complementary gift. So it's all fine. ", she says politely and smiles to assure me that it's fine. 

"Oh.", that's all I say mesmerized by the smile she gives me. 

"Anyways, I got to get going. I have a meeting now.", she says. 

"Okay, bye. See you around Mia", I tell, not wanting her to go. 

"Bye", she flashes the most beautiful smile with sparkle in her eyes. 

As I see her walking, I selfishly wish that I always get to see this smile of hers. This smile which should only be for me.

---x---o---x---o---