03 - Gazed

Trust Me

~~Gazed~~

The alarm clock wakes me up at seven, my head feels so heavy from studying all the documents that Mr. Kim had mailed. I am lazy to wake up and keep rolling from side to side. I hear my cell phone ring. I receie the call and hear a huge scream that stings my ears so badly and gets me right up from laziness. I am about to curse to the person on the other end when the person starts talking, "Mia, you lucky . When were u going to tell me that you got offered to be the Business & Financial executive for a new boy band. This is so awesome. Why didn't you tell me ?"

"Minah, is that you? Can you calm down? I just got to know yesterday and then I was busy with the paper work and reading load of documents. I was going to tell you today over lunch. ", I say recovering from her scream.

 "Girl, I know you would tell me. I was just kidding. But this is so great. You will be working at SM Building, you will get to see so many idols. I am so jealous of you right now", she says excitedly.

"Hey. It's not a big deal. I would be so busy that I won't even have time to notice anyone.." I glance at the alarm clock and it is 7:30.. "!! Minah, I am getting late. I am supposed to reach there by nine. We will continue over lunch, I’ll text you the place. Bye"

" Goodluck Mia"

"Thanks Minah! Thanks for being there!"

"Oh Mia! Don't start with the thanks again. I know you would die without me but now is not the time to express your thankfulness. You will get late. I will see you later. Byeee"

I quickly have a shower and dress up. I decide to dress safe and go formal. I do not know the dress code in SM building. Although in SM main office where I was working until yesterday, it was strict formal clothing since most of the client meetings used to happen there. Not taking a chance to be embarrassed, I wear my cream straight fit pants and a black plain blouse with my royal blue coat. The only jewelery I wear are these tiny diamond earrings that my grandmom had gifted me on my 16th birthday. I never like applying makeup, the last I did or rather Minah forcefully applied on me was during fresher’s party for the new batch. I let my hair loose and allow my curls to fall over my shoulders. I comb my crown with my fingers and let them be as is. I dump the documents in the front pocket of the laptop bag and head to the shoe drawer.  Although I have a couple of really hot heels that I had picked out of impulsiveness, I have never worn them more than twice. They were never comfortable. Hence I decided to go comfort over style and go with my flat bow bellies. I take a cab since I am running late.

As I sit in the cab, a sense of nervousness starts drawing up towards by throat. I am tensed about my new work profile and the people I will meet. I start feeling scared about the thought if I would be able to do justice to my work and if I would live up to Mr. Lee's expectation. I am so lost in my thoughts that I did not realize I was already there. I pay the cab driver and start walking towards SM building. I see around 10-12 girls eagerly looking towards SM' entrance with huge DSLR cameras in their hand. I walk pass them and it feels like there are many eyes watching me. I turn back and see them staring at me and bickering with each other. I leave the thought about them and approach the entrance. I remove the ID that Mr.Kim's secretary gave and flash it against the security scanner. The sliding door opens smoothly and I step in.

I have fifteen minute to nine and i don't want to appear shabby by being late. I hurry and walk into a grand hallway. I first try to locate the reception so that they could direct me to the discussion room. I introduce myself to the reception lady and she gives me a welcoming smile and asks me to wait until she finds the room i need to go to. As I wait for her, I scan the new place where I would be working for the next how many days I don’t know of. The walls are royal cream in color and the cream textured carpet enhances the hallway with casual simplicity. The hallway breaks into rooms in the north and east directions. A staircase is seen on the North West direction. Only the main wall is decorated with a collage of various sized frames of SM artists. LED illuminated lights are incorporated into the sides of each frame that create a grandeur effect. I try recalling the names of the artists of each and every picture that is put up, when my eyes comes across an empty frame on the bottom right corner of the huge collage of frames. The frame is empty and it makes me wonder if it would hold the picture of the new boy band project that I am going to be working with. With that thought in my mind, someone snaps their fingers in front of my eyes and gets my attention. I blink and respond to that person by bowing as a sign of acknowledgement. He bows and asks me with a playful smile "Are you new here?"

"Yes. I am just trying to figure where I have to go", I say.

I look at him trying to think hard where I have seen him. I knew that I have definitely seen him, but just cannot get his name.

 "Are you a new trainee? The training room for new trainees is on the second floor, Room 211.", he tells.

"Oh!! No. I am not a trainee. I work in the Main office with the Business & Finance Department."

"Really? That’s bad. You are too pretty to be working with numbers and signing papers.", he replies with a wink. 

I am a little shocked when he says that. Is he flirting with me or is this his normal personality. I do not want to judge him. I just gave him a polite smile in return.

The reception lady joins the conversation,

"Leetuk, aren’t you tired of flirting with every new girl that walks in?", she asks him sarcasticly.

I mentally jump and cursed myself for not recollecting his name. 'He is 'Leetuk', How could I not remember. He is the leader of the popular boy band Super Junior.

"Are you jealous that I don’t flirt with you enough, Yoojin?", Leetuk smirks at her.

"Seriously? Don’t think so high of yourself.  Anyways don’t waste Mia's time. She has an important meeting to attend.", Yoojin tells him.

I look at my phone and it is five minutes passed nine. . I am late. 

I worriedly look at Yoojin and ask, "I am late. Can you please direct me to the Discussion room?"

"Third floor, second room on the left. Take the stairs if you don’t want to be late.", she says pointing towars the stairways.

I am carrying both, the laptop bag and my handbag on my right shoulder, with my cell phone in my left hand. I run up the stairs and start to fall short of breath once i reach the third floor. I hastily walk towards the discussion room on the left while trying to catch up on some air. The weight of the two bags on the same shoulder is causing me a lot of discomfort. I walk not looking ahead and take out the handbag from my right side with my left hands while managing my cell phone in the left hand, when I suddenly seem to bump into the wall and causing to lose the grip of my phone in my hand. My phone falls from my hand and the parts scatter on the ground. I bend down to pick my phone and luckily it did not break, just the casing and back cover seem to have separated. I rub my head where I hit and start to put my cell phone together. And just then I see a pair of long legs in front of me, I look up and realize that I hadn’t banged into a wall but into someone. I look up at him and say, "Sorry!! I am really sorry."

He looks at the mess I  have created on the floor and then his eyes turns towards me and follows up until his eyes are gazed into mine. He keeps looking at me and does not say a thing and then suddenly he turns back and walks into the room. 

Kris's POV

I am waiting in the corridor for my name to be called. I am excited at the same time very nervous. After five long years of hardwork, I am finally going to debut. While I am trying to figure out about introducing myself to the people inside the room, when out of nowhere someone bangs into me. I straighten my back and look behind to see a girl kneeling down and trying to sort her fallen things. She seems so messed up, I am about to bend and help her when she suddenly looks up at me and says, "Sorry! I am extremely sorry."

When I look at her, I can't move my eyes from her face. She seems so innocent and pure. She is fair with little pinkness on her cheek, and I am pretty sure she has no makeup on her unlike me. Being a guy, I feel a bit embarrased because I am the one with make up on my face and not this girl kneeling in front me. She has long beautiful hair, which seems a little out of place with a few strands falling over her face. She is breathing heavily and trying to sort her things. She tucks the disturbing strands of hair behind her ear and looks up at me again. At this moment, I can't move my eyes from her's. She had big brown sparkling eyes with very long eyelashes. The white part of her eye are so white and sparkly. Her eyes are mesmerizing. She by far had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. I feel so lost in her eyes. Lay taps on my shoulder and I don't want to but I break the gaze and turn towards the room.

---x---o---x---o---