15 - Spoiled Brat

Trust Me

~~ Spoiled Brat ~~

Kris's POV

"Where is Mia", I ask Seung Jo as he joins us on the lunch table. 

"She's sleeping.", he sighs

"What?", Luhan asks

"Isn't she coming with us?", Tao asks

"She said she is very tired and that she will take a flight in the night.", he informs. 

"She'll come alone?", Luhan asks. 

"Yeah. She isn't getting up. I guess all the tiredness and sleeplessness of two days has gotten into her and she is acting like a stubborn child.", he tells. 

"Give me 15 minutes. I'll get her.", I say. 

"She won't budge Kris.", Seung-Jo says. 

"I'll try. Do you have an extra set of keys to her room?", I ask. 

"Jenny may have an extra set of keys. She was sharing the room with Mia.", he tells. 

"Okay. Wait for me. I'll be there in 15", I say and rush towards Jenny. 

I take the extra set of keys from Jenny and take the elevator to her floor. 

I place in the key in the keyhole and enter the hotel room. 

"Mia. I am coming in", I say to caution her if she would be changing or something. 

She doesn't respond and I assume she is sleeping. I walk into the room and see Mia curled up into a ball and pillows around her as usual. I really don't understand why she has to have so many pillows around her when she sleeps. She is strange. 

"Mia", I call as I move the pillow covering her face. 

Her hair is scattered over her face and I can see her pouting her lips. She looks so adorably funny. 

"Mia get up", I say. 

"Hmmm", she groans. 

"Mia.", I say louder and throw the pillows covering her on the floor. I pull the blanket and sheets covering her. She is wearig these really tiny shorts and and an extra loose long t-shirt. I stare at her slim legs for a few seconds and realize that I shouldn;t have pulled the sheets. I quickly put back the blanket on her leg.

"Mia. We are getting late. The bus is waiting outside the hotel.", I say her.

"Let me sleep. I will take the flight in the evening. ", she cries in a sleepy voice. 

"No. You are coming now. Everyone is leaving. There will be no one to accompany you later.", I say. 

"It's okay. I am a big girl. I don't need someone to tag along with me.", she argues. 

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. Don't give me the 'big girl' and just get ready. You can sleep on the plane.", I tell. 

"Go away Kris.", she says and covers her face with the blanket.I am amused at her childish behavior. I have never seen her behave like a brat. She is always the mature and understanding one. Maybe, she is really tired and has completely given up thinking about anything. But, I can't leave her back here.I start putting her laptop and documents into her bag. I quickly fold her yesterday's clothes and place it on her suitcase. 

"Mia. Get up or else I will open your suitcase and go through your clothes.", I say to . 

She doesn't reply. 

"Seriously Mia, if you don't get up I will open up your bag and probably look through your stuff and...", she cuts me and says,

"Go ahead. As if you haven't ever seen female undergarments.",she says from under the blankets. 

"I have. But I haven't seen yours. ", I say and . 

She doesn't reply. 

"Okay. I guess your cool if I go through your stuff. I am opening it. ", I say and start walking towards the bag. 

Mia jumps from her bed and runs towards the bag. 

"Okay. I am up. Don't touch my stuff", she says and looks at me with anger. 

But her angry sleepy face looks so cute. She looks like a cute spoiled kid. Her long T-shirt is just above her knees and her shorts aren't even visible. It seems she is just wearing a T-shirt. Her hair is all messed up. Her face is slightly swollen and her eyes are half sleepy. She rubs her eyes with the back of her eyes and opens her bag. She places the clothes I folded into her bag and takes out a hoodie and jeans.

"Turn around", she says and I do. 

After a minute she says. "Okay, I am done."
She is still wearing the T-shirt she slept in and has just changed into jeans. 

"Aren't you going to change your top?", I ask. 

"No. I am too lazy. I will just wear a hoodie on this.", she says. 

She puts her stuff in the bag and says, "let's go". 

"Seriously? You aren't going to brush or wash up?", I ask. 

"No. Can't you stop nagging?", she says bitterly. 

I go to the bathroom and wet a towel.  I walk toward her and slap the towel on her face. 

"Ouch", she says. 

I rub her face as she tries to push me away. 

"Kris. Leave me.", she shouts. 

I wipe her face and put a mint gum in . 

"Now chew.", I instruct her. 

She gives me an angry stare. 

"You are really getting on my nerves Kris. ", she says. 

"Glad. I am.", I say and ruffle her hair. 

I take her bags and walk out the room.  She still seems so sleepy and is walking like a drunkard. I hold her arms to support her. We walk in the lobby and can see the Exo members and staff boarding the bus. 

"Kris, hurry up", Seung Jo calls me from the entrance of the hotel. 

I leave Mia's arms as there are many fans watching. I drag her suitcase and she follows behind me slowly.  We get seated in the front rows of the bus. 

"Look, who finally woke up ?", Tao says. 

Mia doesn't say anything and just glares at Tao irritated. 

"What did you do Kris? Why does she look so pissed?", he asks. 

"I don't know what's wrong with her. Maybe, a angry birds ghost has gotten into her.", I say seriously. 

Mia gives me a deadly look, as if she could kill me right now. 

"I swear Kris. I will kill you if you say another word. ", she warns me. 

"Okay. Fine. Chill. Take a seat.", I say and make her sit next to me. 

The bus starts to the airport. 

"Here, have this.", I give her an apple. 

"I don't like apples.", she says and turns her face. 

"Just have it and stop cribbing.", I tell her. 

"I said I don't like apples. My stomach hurts if I have them. ", she says louder. 

Tao and Sehun turn back. 

"What's wrong?", Sehun asks. 

"Nothing. Mia is just being cranky.", I say. 

"Here, at least have this. You haven't had anything since last night.", I tell her giving her a bun. 

She takes it but doesn't say anything. 

"Have it otherwise I will open up your bag. And I am sure that you are hiding something there. I know you're not worried if I see you're girl stuff. It's something else. Isn't it?", I ask in a threatening way. 

I am sure she is hiding something. I saw the ways she jumped right off her bed when I told her that I was going to open the bag. And the look she had of being caught. It was not the look of the embarrassment she would have if I would have seen her undergarments. She rather looked scared for a moment. It's not like I am concerned about what she's hiding. Who am I kidding, I agree I  am a bit inquisitive, but I won't push her to tell me. Everyone has their secrets. I am just using this against her because she hasn't been eating properly for the past 3 days. Yesterday, she hardly had a few spoons of soup and rice and dozed off at the dinner table. I am worried that if she doesn't eat anything she may end up fainting somewhere. 

"I am not hiding anything.", she says nervously and tears open the wrapping of the bun. 

She eats small bites and gives me angry looks. Atleast she is eating now. I smirk. 

"Do you know I have seen your undergarments?", she says, trying to get back at me. 

"Aren't they nice?", I play along. 

"You are disgusting Kris", she says. 

"Look who's talking. You're the one who saw my stuff and you're calling me disgusting.", I say. 

"I am not disgusting. I saw them when I was helping you'll clean your messy apartment. I can't help it if you keep throwing around you're underwear every where in the house.", she says with embarrassment. 

"Hey. What's wrong with the both of you. Stop fighting.", Luhan says. 

"I am not fighting. Kris is being an annoying jerk.", she says. 

"And you are acting like a spoilt brat.", I say and get up from my seat. 

I pretend to be angry and walk to a  seat at the end of the bus. I am not angry at her. Rather I am having fun messing around with her. I would have continued annoying her if I sat with her. But for the sake of her sanity, I decided to give her some peace and sit somewhere else. 

I didn't get a chance to speak with Mia until we got into the plane. I see the seat empty next to Mia's. Her eyes are close and she has removed her shoes and curled up in her seat. I sit beside her.They announce to put the seat belts. Mia seems to have fallen deep into sleep. I bend over and buckle her seat belts. I sigh looking at her. She must be really tired that she failed to even notice that someone has buckled her seats. Good thing I forced her to come otherwise she would have fallen asleep anywhere. 

The flight takes off. She looks a little uncomfortable, so I tilt her head towards my side and let her lean on my shoulders. She still doesn't open her eyes to notice against whom she is leaning. I am glad that I am sitting with her. I wouldn't want anyone else touching her. 

"I am sorry for acting like a spoiled brat", she says with her eyes still closed. 
-------------------------------------

Mia's POV

My sleep is disturbed by someone tilting my head and making me lean against them. Before I could open my eyes, the scent catches me. It's Kris. I know his smell. He smells fresh and clean. Its like a cool soothing breeze. Its subtle and unique. I could find him with my eyes closed. I don't open my eyes and rest on his shoulders. 

I know I have been acting cranky, but I am just so tired after the past few days. I haven't been able to sleep in the last few days. I was relieved once the concert was over. I did not have the strength to keep my eyes open anymore. I thought I would sleep the whole day and take the night flight. But then, Kris came in the morning and threatened me to get up. I did not care when he first threatened me that he would open my bag and go through my stuff. But then I realized that there was something in my bag that he shouldn't see. The surprise plan for the guys. It would be ruined if he got a hold of my diary and saw my plans that I have been trying to put together. And that's why I jumped from my bed and that's why I got irritated with him for ruining my sleep. I know he cares about me and did not want me to fly back alone. But it's just I was too tired and everything he was saying was annoying me at that point of time. And because of all the annoying I was rude to him. I know he went to sit somewhere else because he was fed up of my behavior. Although I feel he is not angry, otherwise he wouldn't be so sweet and make me rest my head on his shoulders. But if he is angry, then he has every right to be. I know it's very much my fault. I better apologize before its too late. 

"I am sorry for acting like a spoiled brat", I say leaning on his shoulders. 

"It's okay.", he says. 

I open my eyes and look at his face to see if he looks angry. 

I can't make out, he has a expression less face and is doing something on his iPad. 

"Are you angry?", I ask him. 

He turns towards me and his face just few inches away from mine. He stares at me for a few seconds and turns to the front and continues working on his iPad. 

"I am sorry Kris. I know I have been really troublesome.", I apologize. 

"It's okay Mia.", he says in a calm tone. 

"Are you yet angry with me?", I ask. 

"Have this and then I will tell", he gives me a juice glass. 

I don't say anything and drink it. I give him the empty glass and look at him eagerly for an answer. He looks at me for a few seconds and bursts out laughing in my face. 

"Look at you. You look like you have been called to the principals office for causing some mischief", he says and laughs again. 

"So were you angry?", I ask. 

"Of course not Mia. I wasn't angry. I was just amused by your behavior. You were acting like a spoilt brat. And I was having fun annoying you. I thought you would burst out if I kept irritating you and that's why I went somewhere else to sit.", he says. 

Thank god he was not angry. 

"Oh!! I thought you got angry.", I say. 

"No Mia. Chill. I did not get angry.", he says. 

"Thanks wuff-wuff for tolerating me.", I say and lean back on his shoulder. 

"It's okay Meow. Rest.", he says and ruffles my hair.

---x---o---x---o---