14 - Showcase - 2

Trust Me

~~Showcase-2~~

MIA's POV

After the pep talk the stage director and I gave, the guys did one more rehearsal. They did much, much better according to the stage director. I am glad that I could do something for boosting their confidence. I could literally do anything for these guys. So dancing for them foolishly doesn't seem a big thing in comparison to seeing them a little more relaxed and happy. 
 
"Five minutes to go. Stand by", the stage director screams. 
 
Finally, the time has come. The moment when their dreams will begin. I am literally so happy and excited for them. So many fans have gathered. The response is unbelievably amazing. 
 
The showcase starts with a video clip about how EXO's concept. The guys are standing at the corner of the stage waiting for their cue to enter. 
 
"Okay guys. All the best. ", I say to them. 
 
"Come on guys. Let's shout out our team cheer.", Suho says. 
 
They gather in a circle put their hands in their middle. "We are one. Lets Love", they shout out together. 
 
"Look here", I tell them and I capture this amazing moment on my camera. 
 
The first song they perform is History. The Exo -K members go in for the first verse of the song. I am standing with the Exo-M members waiting for their turn to go on the stage. I turn my face to the right and see Kris. He is blankly looking at the stage and seems a little worried. I gently squeeze his hands and he turns towards me. 
 
"Trust me. You're going to be great.", I tell him. 
 
He gives me a wide smile and releases my hand and runs to the stage. He looks back at me from the middle of the stage and I give him a thumbs up. 
After a quick introduction, they show the teaser and then the members perform one after the other. So far the performance is great. The screams of the fans say how much they're enjoying. 
Leetuk takes the stage as the MC and asks the guys some fan questions. Well the guys response was fairly okay. As in they were really nervous during the Q&A session. But that's okay. They will get better with time. 
The showcase ends with one last performance of the song MAMA. And I could see each and everyone of the twelve of them put their best in this finale dance. They look so good and the fans thoroughly enjoyed it. 
At the end of the performance, the guys take over the stage and bow to the audience and express their gratitude. Their eyes say it all. There is so much of joy in them. 

--------------------------

KRIS's POV

I can't express how happy I am. How happy we all are. There is so much going on backstage. There are people congratulating us, taking our pictures, there is so much emotions and tears of happiness. The parents of Korean members come by and we give them our greetings. There are so many people around us and so much commotion. Finally, I spot Mia in the crowd. She is speaking with Sehun's parents. She looks so happy and proud.
 
Once the parents and other celebrities leave. It's just the twelve of us, our managers, Mia and some staff. Everything starts to sink in. Tao starts crying and Lay,Suho and Kai get teary
 
"Don't tease my Tao baby", Mia says holding cry baby Tao as Leetuk teases him. 
 
Mr.Lee So Man enters the room and everyone's attentions goes to him. 
 
"Good job guys. As newbies, you'll far exceeded my expectations. You guys were amazing out there. The crowd loved you. Well done and keep it up.", he says. 
 
Our smile ten folds hearing his praise for us. 
 
"Well done Mia and Seung Jo. Everything went smoothly.", Mr. Lee So Man says to the two of them
 
"Thank you. We wouldn't have been able to do anything without the help of others.", Seung Jo says. 
 
"Okay everyone. We need to celebrate EXO's first success over dinner. It's my treat.", Mr. Lee So Man says
 
We all change and gather at a restaurant to celebrate our first performance. 
 
"Cheers to EXO", we say holding our champagne glasses. 
 
Mia and Seung Jo arrive a little later at the restaurant. They sit at the other end of the table and discuss something with Mr.Lee Soman. 
 
After five minutes Mia and Seung Jo walk towards us. 
 
"Guys. We both have a flight to catch. We will see you in a few hours. Get back soon and have a good rest. You have one more showcase to go.", Mia says. 
 
"You are going so soon?", D.O asks. 
 
"Yes. We have to get some things arranged so we will be leaving for Beijing now.", Seung Jo says. 
 
"Bye", everyone says. 
 
"Don't work so hard.", Luhan says. 
 
"Take this. Have it on the way.", Mr. Lee So Man tells Mia and gives her a box of vegetable patties. 
 
"I am fine Sir.", she says. 
 
"Mia. Juts take this and eat it on the way. I am sure you haven't been eating proper meals.", Mr Lee So Man says. 
 
I wonder since when did Mr. Lee So Man bother so much about others. He must be a nice person. He seems to care about Mia. 
Mia takes the box from him and thanks him. She bids bye to all of us and leaves. 

--------------------------
 
MIA's POV

I was lucky to get an hour sleep on the flight. By the time we landed Beijing, it was 6 in the morning. I and Seung-Jo directly went to the venue to arrange things. The guys and rest of the staff reached later in the afternoon and came to the venue directly for rehearsal. It's an hour to the Beijing showcase to start and the guys are finishing up with their makeup. 
I waited for Tao's parents, Lay's parents and grandparent and Kris's mother to arrive. I wanted to give these guys a surprise. 
Once they arrive, I greet them and we sit in the VIP room. I offer them refreshments and we have some small talks. They all are so loving and sweet to me.  I feel so warm around them. We proceed to the dressing room where the guys are getting their makeup done and the parents slowly follow me. 
 
Lay notices his family first and gets up from the chair and runs into his grandma's arms. He begins to cry. The makeup artist keeps wiping his tears so that his tears do not ruin her hardwork. Tao too jumps from his chair with a opened mouth and runs to his parents. He is so excited to see them. He behaves like a five year old kid in front of his parents.

"Mia. My parents are here.", he says to me jumping excitedly.
 
Kris's mom stands beside me. Her eyes are searching for her son. 
 
"He is there.", I tell her pointing to Kris, who is sleeping on the chair and is completely unaware that his mom is here. We walk to him.
 
His mom kisses him on his cheek and hides on the other side. Kris slowly opens his eyes and looks at me confused. 
--------------------------

KRIS's POV

I felt someone kissing my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw Mia standing. Was I dreaming or did she really kiss me. I am unable to understand. She just looks at me with a poker face. May be I was dreaming. But why did Mia kiss me in my dreams. I close my eyes again and push away these thoughts. 
Again, I felt someone kissing me on the other side of the cheek. This time I am sure it was real and not a dream. I jumped out of my seat and saw Mia giggling. She pointed behind me and I turned. 

 
Mom!! Mom is here. I hug her tight. 
 
"How did you get here? You told me you wouldn't come.", I ask her. 
 
"How could I miss my son's debut performance? Mia told me not to tell you so that we could surprise you.",Mom says. 
 
I release from her hug and look at Mia. 
 
"You'll have been speaking to each other?", I ask the two of them. 
 
"Yes. Since sometime back. She sends me your pictures and updates me about your health.", Mom says. 
 
 
"Pictures? Don't tell me you sent her the weird ones. You are so dead if you have sent those. ", I ask Mia. 
 
"Actually those are the best. I can't stop laughing at those. Especially the ones with you acting silly.", Mom says. 
 
"You are so dead Mia.", I tell her and Mia sticks out a tongue. 
 
"You can kill me later, Kris. Now, you speak to your mom. I will be back to kidnap your mom in 30 minutes. Have fun till then.", she says to me. 
 
"See you soon Mrs Wu", she says to mom and leaves us. 
 
I am so happy that mom is here. I am seeing her almost after a year. She looks so beautiful as always. We have a mother-son conversation. I look around and see Tao jumping around his parents and Lay trying hard not to cry.I see Mia in Luhan's arms. Again. Why is Luhan always hugging Mia. Does he have a thing for her. I know Mia might be cheering him because his parents did not come. But why does she comfort him so much?
 
"You like her? Don't you?", Mom ask me. 
 
"What? Who?", I ask her confused. 
 
"Mia.", she says looking at Mia doing some silly actions to cheer Luhan. 
 
"No. I don't.", I immediately say. 
 
"Hmmm. She seems like a nice girl.",Mom says. 
 
"Stop analysing so much. I just see her as a really good friend and nothing more", I tell her. 
 
"Okay. As you say. Anyways I have packed some delicacies for you. Take them with you to Korea.", Mom says. 
 
"Thanks mom. I love you and I miss you everyday.", I tell her holding in my tears
--------------------------
 
MIA's POV
 
After the concert successfully ended, I and Seung-Jo wrap up things at the venue and leave for the lounge where everyone has gathered for the after party. We both are very tired and don't talk much. I simply stare out of the window and try hard not to fall asleep. I am just so tired. So tired. I just want to sleep. But then this time won't come again. I couldn't be with them yesterday and I can't afford to miss their happy faces again. 
--------------------------

KRIS's POV
 
"Cheers", Tao says and takes a sip from his drink. 

"This is your last drink", I say sternly to Tao
 
"Come on Kris. Let it loose. I am happy and I am entitled to drink how much ever I want today.", he says. 
 
"Here they are.", Suho says looking at Mia and Seung-Jo walking towards us. 
 
"Come here.", Tao says in a drunk voice and pulls Mia to sit between me and him. 
 
"How much did he drink?", Mia asks me as she sits. 
 
"This is his fourth.", I say. 
 
She sighs. 
 
"Mia. I am so happy", Tao says giggling. 
 
"I can see that y", she says to him and smiles. 
 
"You are so cute Mia. I love you.", Tao says and wraps her in his arms tightly. 
 
I jump a little from my seat and feel very uncomfortable looking at Mia in his arms. 
 
"I love you too Tao.", she says in choking voice and tries to pull away. But Tao still hugs her tight. He is like squeezing this tiny, fragile girl. 
 
"Come on Tao, let her breathe", I say and move his hands away from Mia. 
 
"Thank You", she says to me. 
 
"I guess he is happy high", I say to Mia. 
 
"Yeah. Very happy high", she says and laughs looking at Tao playing with the food.  
 
Seung Jo opens a champagne bottle and pours drinks for all of us. I pass on a glass to Mia. 
 
"I don't drink.", she says. 
 
"Really?", I ask her all though not surprised. I somehow had a feeling that she is not a alcohol person. 
 
We all raise our champagne glasses and Mia raises her water glass and we make a toast to our successful showcase.
 
"Even I want to take a picture.", Tao says and goes to Sehun taking selfies on the opposite side of the table. 
 
Thank god, I say mentally. Some peace at last. Drunk Tao is annoying. 
 
I turn towards my right, where Mia is sitting. She is silent and observing everyone in the room. She has a smile across her face. 
 
"What will you eat? I will order something for you", I ask her. 
 
"Nah!! I don't want anything.", she says. 
 
"Did you eat something?", I ask her.
 
"I had a sandwich.", she says. 
 
"We ate sandwiches in the afternoon. You didn't eat anything else after that?", I ask her. 
 
She doesn't say anything and looks somewhere else. Knowing Mia, I know she never eats properly. She makes it a point that we guys get our meals on time, but she never takes care of herself. 
 
"Mia. Seriously? You just had a sandwich all day. You need to eat something.", I say. 
 
"I am not hungry.", she says. 
 
I give her my rice and soup and tell her,"Eat"
 
"Kris.", she says and pouts. 
 
"Just eat.", I order her. 
 
She makes a grumpy face, but starts eating. 
 
We all chat, joke around and recall the awkward and funny moments on the stage. 
 
"Hahahahah", suddenly Tao bursts out laughing hysterically and takes out his phone and starts taking Mia's picture. 
 
I turn and see that Mia has fallen asleep while eating. Her head rests in one hand and she is holding a spoon to in her other hand. She has a few grains of rice falling out of . She looks so funny and cute. Tao takes a few pictures of this funny moment. Everyone giggles looking at her sleeping while there is still a spoon in . 
 
"Come on guys. Stop laughing at her. She is very tired. She had hardly slept for two hours in the last two days.", Seung Jo says. 
 
Everyone stops giggling. I sigh looking at her. She has been working so hard for us. She deserves some rest. 
 
I remove the spoon from and push her backwards so that her back can lean on to the sofa. I let her head rest on my shoulders. I wipe of the rice grains near . God!! She looks like an angel. We all keep talking and having fun. Mia doesn't seem to get disturbed by our loud voices and she sleeps soundly while leaning on me. 
 
"Hey Kris. You're shoulders might be hurting. I'll take care of Mia.", Luhan says. 
 
Why does he want to take Mia away from me? I am not hurting. She is so light. And it's not like I am holding her or something. It's juts her head, which is resting on me. 
 
"It's okay. I am fine.", I say and start talking to Chanyeol before Luhan says something else. 
 
It's almost 3 and we all start getting into the cars to get back to the hotel.
 
I wake Mia up and tell her that we have to get back to the hotel. She gets up, but her eyes are all red and she looks like dizzy to walk. 
 
"I will hold on to her.", Jenny says and holds Mia's hand and takes her to the van.
 
---x---o---x---o---