12 - Water Fight

Trust Me

~~ Water Fight ~~

I begin cleaning the apartment once the guys left. I get a call from Mr. Lee and he asks me to get to office at the earliest. 

When I enter the meeting room, I see executives from different departments. Mr.Lee gestures me to be seated. 

"Well. We have decided to release the first teaser tomorrow", he says. 

I am surprised by what he says and so is everyone in the room. The music video teasers were to be revealed next month. Why are they rushing all of a sudden?

"I know you all are surprised at this sudden decision, but starting tomorrow we will be releasing the teasers till February. I have spoken with the marking department and we believe this strategy will create curiosity among the public and we will also have enough time to learn about public reactions so as to plan our next step. We do not intend to follow the path of  what previous SM band have taken or of any other band. We will follow our own marketing and promotion strategy. I require your support on this. Does anyone have any questions?", he says. 

Mr. Lee informs every team what need to be done next. He tells me to prepare the documents and contracts with the media outlets. It's almost midnight by the time I am done. I go to check on the guys. "Hi guys", I say as I enter the practice room. 

"Hi", they all say with a dull response. 

"Is something wrong?", I ask looking at the worried faces. 

"The teasers are going to be released in a few hours and we are nervous about it. ",Kai says. 

"Why should you be? Aren't you happy that you will be finally debuting?", I ask. 

"Yes. We are. But it's just that we thought the promotions will begin next month and we suddenly got the news that it will start tomorrow. ", Luhan says. 

"I understand. But you'll don't need to be nervous. The company believes that you'll are ready to be introduced. They won't take the risk to expedite things if they were not sure of you'll. ", I say. 

"Hmm", Luhan says. 

"Come on guys. Chill out. You will be great. The public will love you. ", I encourage them. 

"But Mia, what if they don't like us?", Sehun asks. 

"Sehun. There will always be people who will not like you and may say mean things to you. But you have to learn to handle such things in this industry. You have to be strong and ignore the bad parts. But I am definite that there will be many more people who will love you and who will support you. It is them that you should think about and be thankful to.", I say. 

"You are right Mia. But I am a little scared. What if I am not good enough?", Sehun asks. 

"Trust me. You guys are great. You are going to be really famous soon. People all around the world are going to love you. They will love you for who you are. They will love you for your good and they will love you for your bad. There will be few people who will always criticise you, but that will be just because they are jealous of how awesome you'll are. ", I say. 

I remove a book and a pen and hand it to Sehun. 

"Even if things go terribly wrong and if things don't work out. Don't worry, I will be always there. I will always be your fan. ", I say and smile at him. 

"Mia. You are so sweet. ",Sehun says and hugs me. 

"Okay. Now give me you autograph. I am officially EXO's first crazy fan girl. ", I say. 

-------------------------------------

A lot happened over the next three months. The teasers were released one after the other. We celebrated so many wonderful events together - Christmas, New Years , D. O and Kai's birthday and every time the video views hit a big number. Promotions were going on in full swing. We were getting a lot of positive feedback. As expected there were criticisms and hurtful comments and the guys used to get upset. But then this was like a learning time for them. To learn to take criticisms positively and not to get upset. Even if one used to get upset, the others would encourage and cheer him up. We all grew more dependable and stronger. 
-------------------------------------
It's Xumin's birthday today. I have planned a small surprise for him and for all the guys. The debut showcase is in three days and guys have been sweating out like crazy. I took permission from Mr Lee So Man and planned a small relaxing fun time.

"Where are we going?", Kai asks me. 

"You will know once we get there", I say as we get in the mini van. 

We stop at the club house/sports centre. 

"Why are we here?", Sehun questions. 

"Follow me", I say
-------------------------------------
KRIS's POV

"Follow me", Mia says. 

We follow her along a dark corridor. 

"Wait here", she says and runs somewhere. 

After a few minutes, the lights are . We realize that we are in a football field. The other floodlights switch on one after the other and they illuminate the entire field. 

Mia stands with Seung Jo, Jae-Jin and the two managers in the centre of the field. 

"Come on guys", Seung Jo calls out. 

We walk to the centre of the field and see a cake for Xumin. 

"Happy birthday Xumin", Mia screams excited. 

"Wow. Thanks Mia. This is so cool. I love the surprise. ", Xumin says. 

"Okay. Cut the cake soon. We have a game to play. ", Seung Jo says. 

"Are we playing here?", Xumin asks eagerly. 

"Yes. We are. We have booked the field so that you guys can enjoy and relax for sometime.", Seung Jo. 

"This is so awesome.", Xumin says. 

"This is for you, from all of us", Mia says and hands over a bag to him. 

He takes out the gifts. He jumps happily looking at the football jersey of his favourite team. 

"This is so cool. I want one too", Luhan cries. 

He takes out an iPad which has a sleeve with the logo of his favourite team. 

"I want this too", Luhan says. 

"Sorry. But it's mine.", Xumin teases him. 

"Don't worry Luhan. I will get you one for your birthday.", Mia tells him and he grins. 

"Let's cut the cake.", Jae-jin says. 

After the cake cutting ceremony, we gear  up to play a football game. We split in two teams. Mia and Jae-jin decided to sit back and cheer for us. The guys are actually having a lot of fun. We really needed this break, we were so exhausted mentally and physically with the continuous practice. 
Mid way through the second of the game, suddenly the sprinklers started splashing jets of water in all directions soaking all of us. We star running away towards the dryer area. Out of the blew; Mia, Jae-jin, Seung Jo and the managers start attacking us with water balloons and water guns. 
We start running haphazardly around the ground and shielding ourselves. 

"Hey guys! There are so many here", Suho says pointing at a huge tub filled with so many water balloons. 

"Game On", Kai says and takes a balloon and targets Jae-jin. 

The other guys also start grabbing balloons and direct them at anyone randomly. Everyone is running around the field and is getting wet because of the field sprinklers or because of being a target of someones balloon. We all are drenched in water and we don't care. Water fight is so much fun.  
Mia tries to dodge Tao's aim and hides behind Luhan. The balloon hits her leg and she runs behind Tao. Tao comes to me and hugs me from back and takes cover. She tries throwing the balloon at Tao but it hits me on my chest.

"Oops", She says and puts her tongue out.

"You're so dead.", I say and charge towards her. 

She runs around circles trying to avoid the balloon in my hand. I aim at her but I miss. 

"La la la la. You missed me", she teases. 

I run towards her and grab her. I take her on my shoulders and walk towards the closest sprinklers. 

"Put me down", she screams and hits me on my back. 

I stop right near the jet of the sprinkler and put her there. She struggles to move at first, but when I take a moment to wipe my face, she pushes me and pins me down with her tickling. I am lying head down and she sits on me. The sprinklers water jet fall on us as harsh rain drops. I rub my eyes to clear the water fallen in. When I open, I see Mia's face a few inches away from mine and she has this huge grin on her face. She takes out a small balloon from her pocket and holds it up. 

"I got you", she says and just when she is about to smash the balloon. I turn and pin her down. I sit on her, though not literally. Her tiny body would be crushed if I did sit on her. 

"Not so soon", I say and try getting a hold of the balloon in her hand. 

She struggles and tried to moves her hand away again and again as I try to grab it. Eventually I get a hold of it, but it bursts in my hand. 

"Hahahaha", Mia laughs and starts pushing me away from her. 

I start tickling her and she puts in more strength to push me away from her top. 

"Stop it Kris", she says. 

"You started it.", I say and continue tickling the sides of her stomach. 

She turns and pushes me and starts tickling me. Both of us try to take the other one down and are practically rolling over in the field. 

We hear Tao laughing on top of us. 

"It looks like a cat and dog fight her. No wonder you'll call each other meow and wuff-wuff", he says and laughs loud. 

Mia looks at me and I look at her. She smirks and I understand what she means. I quickly get over her and pull her up too. We run towards Tao. Tao is still laughing hysterically and doesn't realize Until I  grab him and pin him down. 

Mia gets some balloons and aims it at Tao. She starts giggling when the balloon hits Tao. 

The other guys soon come towards us and one by one start jumping over me and Tao. As usual, Tao is right below and screaming. 

"Get over me.", he cries and we get up. 

After we decided to end the water fight, we go sit by the stairs. Mia and Jae-jin handle us towels to dry our hair. 

"That was so much fun", Kai says.

"We should play football often", Luhan says. 

"And we need to have more water fights.", Sehun says. 

"Next time I will take my revenge on Mia. ", Tao says like a baby. 

"You will loose, y", she says and winks at him. 

"We shall see", and he sticks out his tongue. 

"I had such a great time. Thank you so much Mia, Seung Jo and Jae-Jin",Xumin says. 

"You're welcome", Seung Jo says and Mia smiles. 

Today was definitely lot of fun. Running around the field, getting soaked in water, rolling over on the grass, giggling and laughing; definitely is the best way to relax and forget the nervousness. 

It's almost midnight by the time we say our goodbyes to Mia, Jae-jin and Seung-Jo. We get back to our dorms, dry-up and sleep.  

---x---o---x---o---