17

Only Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Siwon adjusted his coat and quickened his steps upon seeing who’s waiting for the elevator door to open.  He’s so thrilled to bump into her and maybe kiss her right then and there to make up for that lunch date that really spoiled his day. He is so jealous that he can’t concentrate on his paper works and just keep staring on his phone. Seconds, minutes, hours and finally the sun is gone but not a single call from her. That’s just it. Because when finally he saw her name flashing on the screen he ignored it, all.  He sulked whole day and night like a jealous boyfriend.

He was almost just ten steps away when he noticed she’s talking on the phone. Loudly. And laughing heartily.

 

“Is that your way of getting back at me Lee Donghae?”

 

 The fist inside his pocket is clenched. Lee Donghae. He smirked and looked away.

The lift arrived and Siwon immediately walked past Tiffany, startling her with his unnoticed presence.  He pressed the 14th button without looking at her who was still too dazed to step inside the lift.  She ended their conversation right away.

 

“Why did you ignore my calls?” She asked in an unreadable expression. Siwon lifted his head and saw a hint of anger or was it worry in her eyes? But instead of getting his answer Siwon pressed another button on the side to slowly close the metal doors.

 

That made her silently gasp and clench her teeth. Really a spoiled brat.

 

For a moment she thanked whoever programmed the elevator doors to close so slowly because she managed to put her hand on the sensor, and slid open again. She went in, eyes not taking off Siwon’s. She heard a little groan in there. And obviously its not from her.

 

“I’m still talking to you.”

But Siwon is too focused on his phone to even meet her eyes.

 

“I don’t like it when you ignore me.” That made Siwon scoff. She heard that of course. Well, at least he’s listening.

 

Funny, because you’re the one who always ignores me. He countered in his mind.

He eyed the numbers showing on the side and made a mental note to scold whoever made the freaking elevator so slow.

 

“Can you please let me explain?”  He is so testing her patience.

 

 

“Siwon.” She snatched the stupid gadget who’s taking his attention from her. 

 

 

“Why are you grumpy? I thought you’re lunch date really went great? ” There was sarcasm in Siwon’s voice.

 

“I hope you’re not insinuating what I think you are.” She can’t help but feel offended on the tone. She freaking came all the way to his office because she’s worried, he didn’t answered her texts last night and even calls, and all she’ll be getting is his cold shoulder. He’s seriously a bipolar. Or a handsome spoiled brat who is in a bad mood because he didn’t get what he wanted. Its option no.2 that’s for sure.

 

“Or not? You didn’t like the food? Seriously, because I know you so loved the company.”  He chuckled bitterly.

 

She sighed. “Your temper is really a big turn off.”

 

“You know what? I’ll listen to your romantic date some other time okay? I have much more important things to handle.”  He darted out of the metal doors towards the hallway.

 

“Hey!” Her reflex is such a weakling that moment, because by the time she went out of the lift, he’s almost ten meters away.  She ran after him.

 

“Siwon Choi!” She called out for him to go-slow. She’s on a damn high heel and his big steps aren’t so helping.  On the other hand he also slowed down making sure Tiffany wasn’t out of breath. 

“Siwon-ah.” Tiffany walked alongside Siwon who didn’t even turn to look.

 

 

“My.”    You’re Mine and I’m Yours.

 

 

That made Siwon stop on his tracks.  His heart started to beat abnormally. He scoffed and bit on his lips on how whipped he’d become. Because damn, that was the first time he heard Tiffany call him that. The first time she called him My.

 

A small curve was painted on her lips. It worked. She took the opportunity and blocked his path.

 

 

“I told you not to go, but you still did anyway.” He said looking straight unto her very eyes. When Tiffany was unable to respond in an instant, he took a side step and walk past her.

 

“Its not what you think.” She pulled Siwon’s arm.

Siwon didn’t respond. He was staring straight ahead with a bitter expression and jaws tightly clenched. He yanked his hand and inserted it on his pocket.

 

“Hear me out please?” pleaded Tiffany. 

 Siwon pushed his office door open and both went into the tinted glass. Tiffany followed. For a moment she felt a sense of Dejavu. Simply because they’re on the very place they first met. Eye to eye.  Face to face.

They grew quiet. 

 

Tiffany took a deep breath. Siwon went towards the floor to ceiling glass. Tiffany marvelled at the amazing view he got up here, but she stayed still---rooted on her place---meters away from him.

 

“That lunch date.” Siwon flinched.

 

 

“It was the last.” Tiffany stated. 

 

“I had to meet him to end everything in peace. I don’t need more drama by seeing two bestfriends trying to win over me thank you very much. I’m not a trophy Siwon and I’m not that kind of girl.”

 

I know. He answered in his subconscious.  Wait. What!??

 

“Don’t you think I need to choose?”

 

Why do you have to choose when its clearly just me from the beginning? He’s not in the choices. He just came in the way. Siwon still battled on his thoughts.

 

 

“Six days. A hundred and forty four hours more. And you’ll know who” As if by reflex he flashed a really cocky smile.

 

 

“You can stop grinning now Choi.” Damnit! He forgot his reflection is so visible to her. Smart Tiffany.

 

 

“What?” Siwon played innocent.  He turned around to be greeted by that teasing pretty face. “Wanna go into another fight right now?” he eyed the unmoving Tiffany.

 

Tiffany smiled. She took advantage of his slip of the tongue. “So the previous fight is over? I’m forgiven?” Siwon inwardly cursed. How can he give in so easily? Whatever, it doesn’t matter, because one smile from Tiffany, he forgets that he’s currently mad and he’ll go crawling back at her.   

He removed his black coat and hangs it on the backrest of his office chair.

 

She placed her bag on his table. “Seriously, don’t make me run after you again.” Tiffany sat herself on a sit opposite his.  Siwon decided to play more and continued ignoring her. He loosened his tie and started shuffling on which stack of papers he should review first.

 

“Why are you ignoring me? I thought we made up?”

 

“Yes. And?” he responded without sparing her a glance.

 

“And What?”

 

“Siwon.”

 

“Yah! Didn’t your kindergarten teacher taught you that you should answer when someone calls your name.?” asked Tiffany with an obvious fuming glare.

 

 

“Um..yes.”He said with one brow raised.  “But I refused to be called just Siwon.” She rolled her eyes in despair.  Siwon smiled at that sight

 

 

“Sigh..” He knew his act is getting him somewhere.

 

 

 

“My.”

 

 

“Hmm?” he answered immediately.

 

 

“That branch opening party.” She observed his expression. “I don’t think I can …”

 

“No.” He cut her short. “You’re going with me. End of discussion.” Tiffany saw how Siwon avoided her eyes and focused back on his desk.  Seriously, another sulking and cold war is in sight. And she really thought that calling him My, would back her up. Sigh.

 

“I’m just saying that I’ll be ---“

 

 “Excuses.” She got annoyed at always being cut halfway. Tiffany slowly stood up from her seat ad leaned in.  “You promised me and now you---“ She kissed Siwon on the lips.

What a way to silence him. The Tiffany style. Well, she knew how head over heels this man is for her, she’s just playing smart with her cards. She knows she’ll always win.

 

“Can you please at least let me finish first?” Her hands were on his cheek.

Siwon haven’t uttered a word since, and just stared at the gorgeous face just inches away. She took it as a sign to continue.

 

“I was saying I can’t make it on time. I’ll be a little late.” She cleared out. Tiffany slowly withdraws her hands from his face and carefully fixed herself. His silence is unreadable to her right now. Was it the kiss? Or that he’s again realizing how whipped he’d become?

 

“I’ll be there. I’ll be your date.”

 

***

 

“Where is he!?” by the tone of the voice it seems like it isn’t the first time the person asked the same question.

 

“I can’t connect to his phone Mrs Choi.” Told the woman in a worried tone. “The last message I received from him, he said he’ll be late.” The expression on her face looks more apologetic rather than worried.

 

“We can’t keep the guests waiting. By all means get him in here.”

 

She swallowed a lump in . “Noted Mrs Choi.”  For a second she stared at the disappearing figure before again punching numbers on her phone. 

 

The event has long started. Almost half an hour ago since the food is ser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter