Chapter Thirty One

Using Ice To Melt Ice

Previous Chapter
"Sungjong" // "Eunji"
*LISTEN TO AILEE - HEAVEN*
THIS CHAPTER
I drop my untensils and stare at the boy in front of me. I feel my body go numb and water coming from my eyes. He takes a step forward & I automatically take one back. "Sungjong.." My mother calls from the table. He glares at her and my father. They remain silent, and the tension in the air is so sharp, it can cut me in half. I start crying, tears running down my face. What? Sungjong? Lee Sungjong? My brother? "Eunji, can we tal--" "Leave." I say coldly, cutting him off. L stands up and hugs me from behind, "Jebalyo, just hear him out. Eunji sshi, he's also been hurting for now officially four years too. Please dongsaeng." He whispers in my ear. He never uses formality with me unless he really wants something.

 "Aniyo. That coward has nothing to do with me." I say bitterly. "Lee Eunji. On this very day, at this very time, I, being the stupid coward I was, walked out on you. On you. Yes. Being the wuss I was, I was unable to bring myself to you for two years. Last year I sent you a disc because I couldn't see you directly." He sighs and I see the reflection of water running down his skin. He puts his head down to hide it.

 "Within those four years, along with you, I also was hurting. I had trouble sleeping, thinking, smiling.. just everything. L had kept me sane when I heard about him being closer to you. Eunji, I--" "Sungjong. Stop. I can't take this." I say, burying my face in L's chest. I felt someone hug me and I automatically shove him off. L.Joe looked at me with hurt eyes. I thought it was Sungjong for a second. Oh wait.. Who am I to expect something from Sungjong? Ha. Did I really not learn anything after four years? "I'm sor--" "Eunji, talk to your brother.." He said softly, kissing me in front of my frozen parents and the awkward everyone else. His lips linger on mines for a bit, and I wipe my tears. 1.. 2... 3. Breathe. 

"Go get your shoes." I say coldly to my so called brother. "We'll talk at the park. I can't deal with this here." I turn to my two life savers, and sigh, "Please explain to them." I point to the helpless souls of Teen Top. Sunggyu gets up and hugs me and then urges me out the door. I put my combat boots on and tie the laces. I stand back up and feel L.Joe wrap his arms around my waist. I sigh and peck his cheek. He smiles and takes his hoodie and puts it on over my sleeveless button up. It's oversized on me, but comfortable and is covered with his signature fresh scent. I smile, and he pulls me by the waist in for a hug. I take a deep breath and I see my brother walk out the door to wait outside.

 "Please hear him out princess. He's in pain too, just like the same thing you've been through. Trust me okay? You won't regret this decision okay?" He cups my face and smiles at me. I show a faint smile, and rub my red, puffy eyes. He laughs a little and kisses me. Second time today. "Buing~" He ushers me out the door. I walk out and see the Sungjong guy waiting for me. We walk silently together and I stay a really good distance away from him. It's awkward and tense at the same time, and I didn't dare break the silence. That's stupid. He makes his way to the swings in the night and I silently sit beside him. "Yell at me. Hit me. Curse at me. Do anything that will make you feel the least bit better Eunji-ah." He says softly.

 I wipe my tears, and get up. A part of me wants to punch him, a part of me wants to shove him, a part of me wants to hurt him... but that's only a part. I want to have him more than anything right now. He gets up and I walk to him. He closes his eyes, waiting for the impact and I smile. He didn't break that habit.. The habit of just letting someone hit him, and wait there. I hesitatnly hug him. & He hugs me back. This hug. The hug that I've been yearning for, for four years. He takes a deep breath and I punch him in the stomach, lightly though.

 He curls up, "How did I not see that coming?" He says, his voice strained. I laugh. He was still the funny joker and sunshine years ago. "I hate you." I say coldly, after laughing. He stand straight up, "I know." I sit back down in my swing and he does the same. "So.. what happened?" I ask him. He laughs a bit. "Well, I've been a crybaby and sitting down and crying my off because I missed you so much. I didn't eat much or think much.. You notice my S-line? Like, it was so hard to get this." He shows his body. I roll my eyes and smile. "Just kidding, but anyways. I didn't do anything.. I just mourned. & seeing you now and here.. It's a miracle."
I sigh.

 

 

 

 

BECAUSE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN THE LONGEST TIME EVER, I'LL UPDATE THE REST TODAY, WHICH IS ONLY FOUR CHAPTERS, INCLUDING THIS ONE <3 READERS FIGHTING! Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I didn't proof read or edit or anything, oops. I'm working on my other fanfic!~ Ya know, the one that has GOT7 & BTS in it ^^ OH YEAH, BTS IS IN LA NOW <3 FOR THREE WEEKS! THEY ARRIVED YESTERDAY!