Today

Babysitter Crush

~Myungsoo~

Today was the first day with the babysitter. 

Yaayyy....NOT

I'm gonna be bored out of my mind aren't I? Since I could drive, my mom insisted that I go to the babysitter's house, instead of her coming over to our's.

The catch is, either my mom or my dad would be in the car with me. When we get to the babysitter's house, they will trade places with me in the driver's seat. That means that I won't have my car with me. They'll be taking my car when they go to work. Great...

Apparently I have to go to the babysitter every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 5:00 to midnight.

That really cuz that's the time I'm having fun. Doing whatever I want. Being free.

Now it's all ruined. Gone. And now I'm stuck with a babysitter, whether I like it or not. 

I hope this old lady or whatever the babysitter is can give me the time of my life. I wasn't gonna waste 7 hours of my life in complete boredom.

Not gonna happen.

~Anna~

New babysitting job.

Wow, I just realized that I didn't even know the age of the boy I'm babysitting today. 

Well from my experience of babysitting, he could be no older than 13. 

Yes, I have babysitted a 13-year old before. Worst 3 hours of my life. All he did was talk on his phone with his girlfriend.

"No you hang up first!"

"No you hang up first!"

"You're so cute!"

"No your the best!"

*me throws up*

Those three hours were basically torture. When his parents came to pick him up, I was literally pushing him out the door.

"Thank you! Come again!" I said happily as I waved them goodbye. But inside, I was so relieved. That was actually the first and last time I babysitted that boy.

They lived pretty far away from my house and turns out they found another babysitter near their house.

They said sorry multiple times. I tried to act a little sad and understanding. But inside, I was having a mini party.

In my mind I was thinking, "Good luck new babysitter. You'll be needing it." 

All I knew about the boy I was babysitting today was his name.

Myungsoo

~Myungsoo~

I was at school right now. It was lunch right now. 

My friends were talking and I wasn't listening. All I thought about was how miserable and sad I was gonna be later on today.

They were talking about some awesome new club downtown, I think. They noticed how quiet I was.

"Yah Myungsoo. Did you even hear what I just said?" my friend, Ha Jin said.

"Huh?" I said.

"What's up with you today? You are coming with us to the club downtown right?" he asked.

"Sorry, can't make it dude,"  I said. I didn't want to tell them the reason why I couldn't make it. It would be too embarrassing.

I know that their like my best friends and I can tell them anything. But having a babysitter at my age is just too laughable. I don't see how anyone can stay quiet if I tell them I have a babysitter.

I would even laugh at myself if I wasn't so miserable and bummed out about this. They can't find out. They won't find out. Never.

"Why not? Come on man. It's the sickest club yet!" they said.

The bell rang. I immediately got up to go to my next class. I normally wasn't so eager to head to my next class. We would usually just linger around school for a while. 

But I just wanted an excuse to leave. I didn't want to say anything more. 

My friends eyed me suspiciously as I rushed to my next class. Sorry guys. Maybe next time. If there even is a next time.

~Anna~

Toys. Check

Music. Check

TV. Check

Snacks. Check

Contact Info. Check

Bed. Check

Good, I have everything that I could possibly need. Since his mother didn't provide me with anymore info about her child, I just brought out every toy that I had on me. 

Every snack that any child could eat. Every kind of music any child could listen to. Every stuffed animal a child could sleep with.

I really hoped that this kid wasn't gonna be a handful. I hope he likes me. I never actually had to worry about whether a kid liked me or not. They always ended up liking me at some point. Kids even called me different nicknames. 

The most used one is Cunnie. I thought it was kinda cheesy at first, but then I started to think it was cute. I was fine with it after a while. I refused a little at first because I didn't think I was that cute. I would argue that he/she was cuter than me, but they insisted. And sprinkled a little aegyo on me too. My weakness of course.

So Cunnie it is then. I didn't expect every kid to like me at first. In fact, some even hid from me at first. Some cried saying that they wanted their mom or their dad. But I made sure they had a fun time with me.

Sometimes I'd get calls from mothers, telling me that her son/daughter wanted to play with me even though it wasn't a babysitting day.

I would get a little touched when I get those calls. These kids just don't think of me as their babysitter. They think of me as their friend too. I like that. It's nice to know that I'm doing something nice for kids.

I didn't guarantee that the new kid I'm babysitting will like me. Or accept me as their babysitter at first. I just wanted them to be comfortable as I'm babysitting them. I want them to have fun and be safe.

I can't wait for the new kid I'm babysitting.