Lesson

Babysitter Crush

~Myungsoo~

What's wrong with this girl? She's just looking at me like she's expecting something.

Where's the babysitter? Is this her daughter? Or maybe the babysitter is babysitting her too? 

Who am kidding? I'm pretty much the only 18-year old in the whole world that has a babysitter.

She finally broke the silence.

"Um...so, where's the kid?" she asked.

I was confused.

"What kid?" I asked.

"The kid I'm babysitting." 

Wait a second, you mean...this girl is the babysitter? I don't know whether to feel happy or not.

She looks my age. So does that mean that I won't be bored out of my mind anymore? That's the reason as to why I should be happy.

On the downside, she might not even know what do with me. She's probably so used to babysitting little kids. She would be so confused.

"Oh, um...that would be me." I said, raising my hand. I was staring at the ground, not wanting to meet her gaze. She started to laugh. What's up with her?

"No seriously, where's the kid?" she said in between laughter.

She really doesn't believe me huh? I'm not gonna explain to her just so she can laugh at me. 

"I am the kid your babysitting." I said. I said it in a serious tone. She stopped when she heard it.

"Really?" she asked incredulously. Wow, this girl is really dumb isn't she?

"Yes. Now can I please go inside already?" I said, annoyed. Are we gonna keep playing this game until she finally believes me?

Not a chance.

~Anna~

What just happened?

Is this some kind of prank?

I don't think so.

This seems to be the real deal.

This guy looked my age. Why would he need a babysitter? Did he lose a bet? No, I don't think so. His mom called herself. So, his parents thought that he needed a babysitter?

What's the reason for this? I wanted to ask Myungsoo more questions, but it looks like he doesn't want to talk about it. Well, excuse me, but of course I'm really curious as to why I have to babysit an 18-year old guy. I mean, who wouldn't be confused about this?

Myungsoo took off his shoes when he stepped inside my house. He looked around. This guy must be rich. Looking at his clothes. And that arrogant look on his face. 

Well 18-years old or not, I still have to get to know him more and babysit him. No matter how weird this situation may be, I guess.

Myungsoo held his hand out to me.

"I'm Myungsoo." I took his hand and shook it.

"Anna." He nodded.

"How much are my parents paying you to babysit me?" he asked curiously.

"Well, I usually charge $10 an hour, but your mom said she'd give me $50. Why do you ask?" I said.

"They really want a babysitter for me, don't they." he mumbled.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked. For the first time, in all my days of babysitting, I have never felt so confused. All the toys and such I brought out were nothing now. I doubt he'd want to play Candy Land while listening to Barney songs.

"Well, it sure looks like there's nothing for me to do here," he said, eyeing the toys. Get on to the point.

"Do you have a car?"

"What? Yeah. Why?"

"Can I use it?" Why would he want to use my car? Doesn't he have his own car? Where would he go anyway? No matter what, I'm not letting him take my car somewhere. I'm supposed to be babysitting him. Here. At my house.

"Don't you have one?" 

"My parents took it to work."

"Why?"

"They think that I would go somewhere else instead of going here."

"Then why are you asking me for a ride?" This didn't make sense. If his parents didn't allow him to use his own car, what makes him think I'll let him use mine? He eyed me weirdly.

"You're not a normal teenager are you?" he said. Um, what's that supposed to mean? I'm a normal teenager. He's probably the one who wasn't a normal teenager. Hello! He has a babysitter! My face flushed red with anger.

"What are you talking about? From where you're from, do teenagers just lend each other their cars just because?"

"Yeah but don't you wanna have fun like a regular teenager? Like go to clubs, drink, and party?"

I see now. I see why his parents wanted him to have a babysitter. He was a troubled teenager. He was wild and carefree.

"No, I don't really do that." He groaned, looking really annoyed at me. What? Is every teenager supposed to be like that? Well, I wasn't. I was the total opposite. 

This guy was probably one of those snotty rich kids, based on what I've seen of him so far. From his attitude, to his arrogance, to his clothes. But I won't judge him that early.

~Myungsoo~

This girl was pathetic.

Looking at her, she was probably one of those goody two shoes. Never does anything bad. Doesn't know how to have fun. Straight A student.

Pathetic.

I guess I was right. I'll probably be bored out of my mind here. Not if I do something about it.

"So where are your keys?" Hehe. That was the bait. Her eyes would glaze over to where the keys are.

"I'm not telling you." she said. Just as I expected, her eyes glazed over to a hook near the garage door. Bingo.

I got up from where I was sitting and ran towards the keys. She was shocked at my sudden move. Haha. I got them now. Now, to have fun with her for a while. Well, I'm the one who'll be having the fun anyways.

"Yah! What are you doing?! Give them back!" she yelled at me as I ran through the house. Surprisingly she was pretty fast. She almost caught me. 

I was now leaning on the side of the couch. She was trying to grab the keys from me, but I tried my best to keep it high in the air. She couldn't reach it. Haha. I won. I get your car.

She began to step back, up against the wall. Wait...what is she doing? Uh oh.

She charged at me and dove straight at me. She grabbed the keys from my hand as she fell right on top of me. 

Her face was so close to mine. Our noses were barely touching. I took the time to study her facial features. She was really pretty. Why didn't I notice that before? Not a flaw in sight. She was smirking at me. Then she smiled and jingled the keys right in front of my face. I was still staring at her to even bother getting the keys back.

"My keys," she said. She got off of me and placed the keys in her pocket. Bye bye keys. There's no way I can get them now.

Note to self: Don't underestimate Anna

~Anna~

Ha! He thought he could just take the keys from me! Ha!

I've had many experience with this. Trying to get something away from kids. I started to form different strategies of how to take things away from kids. It depends on their age as well.

Since Myungsoo was my age. I chose the idea of charging at him and grabbing the keys from his hand. My strategy worked. They always worked. Hehe I'm awesome.

This has probably taught you a lesson, right Myungsoo? Lesson learned: Never underestimate Anna