Kim Hana

Babysitter Crush

~Anna~

 
I feel like a vacuum. See, told you so. I almost fell in love with the food. I was literally going to super glue my to the seat. This is probably going to be the first and last time I'm going to eat here. Goodbye fancy restaurant... I'll never forget you...
 
"What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked. He eyed me weirdly. What are you looking at? Then I realized that I was waving goodbye to the restaurant. Oops... I quickly put my hand down.
 
"Nothing," I muttered under my breath. Myungsoo started off towards the car. 
 
~Myungsoo~
 
We got in the car. Neither of us spoke yet. I could feel Anna's stare on me. What?
 
"Hey, I know I'm handsome. No need to stare," I said. She rolled her eyes.
 
"So where are you going to take me next?" she asked.
 
Heh, I know this was coming. Where to take you now...
 
I know the perfect place.
 
"You'll see," I told Anna.
 
~Anna~
 
"You earned a little of my trust Myungsoo. I gotta admit that," I said.
 
"Heh, by the end of this night, I'll be able to earn all of your trust," Myungsoo said.
 
"We'll see about that," I said.
 
Our next destination didn't take long to arrive to. Myungsoo pulled up to a big building. I read the sign on the building.
 
Children's Home
 
~Myungsoo~
 
Yup, a children's home. I sure hit the jackpot, right Anna. But the thing is, I didn't just come here to show Anna that I'm responsible. To be honest, I actually like coming here.
 
*Flashback*
 
I was walking to a convenience store one day. Before I step foot into the store, a little girl caught my eye.
 
She looked to be about 4 years old. She was sitting on a bench eating ice cream right in front of the store. 
 
"Yah, where's your mom?" I asked her. I didn't know why I even bothered talking to her that day. Let alone ask her where her mother was. I think there was just something about her that I was immediately drawn to. I didn't know what it was though. 
 
"I don't know," she replied. She looked up at me and smiled one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen.
 
"Oppa, you're really handsome," she said with a giggle. I smiled at her compliment.
 
"Hehe, thank you," I replied. I reached over to ruffle her hair. She didn't even flinch when I touched her. She reached over and put her finger to my lips.
 
"Ssh oppa," she said. "Don't tell anyone you saw me. Okay?"
 
"Why?" I asked. 
 
"I'm not supposed to be here," she said. Ahh, a trouble maker I see. 
 
"Where are you supposed to be then?" I asked. She pointed to a children's home a few blocks away from the convenience store. 
 
It then dawned on me that she was an orphan. I looked at her again. She was just smiling while eating her ice cream. I couldn't blame her. If I was her, I would escape that place too. And go to place where I can find happiness. For this little girl, ice cream seems to be her happiness.
 
I knew that the right thing to do was to return her to the children's home. But I had this feeling that I should give this little girl some fun. Myungsoo, you could get into a lot of trouble if you do this. But looking at this girl, she seemed to be the type to keep secrets. Don't do it Myungsoo... Don't-
 
"If there was any place you could go to, where would you go?" I asked her. Too late Myungsoo. She looked up from her ice cream and thought about what I just asked her.
 
"Playground!" she screamed in delight. I smiled at her response. Playground it is then.
 
"If oppa asked if he could take you to the playground, would you say yes?" I asked. Her eyes grew wide in excitement. She nodded yes. She set down her ice cream and reached over. She hugged me.
 
"Will you really take me?" she asked me.
 
"Yup," I said. I hugged her back. 
 
"Wait oppa," she said.
 
"Yes?"
 
"What's your name oppa?" She smiled. Heh, oh yeah.
 
"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. What's your name?"
 
"Hana. Kim Hana." She giggled. She took my hand and got up from the bench. She pulled me forward.
 
"Let's go Myungsoo oppa!"
 
*Flashback ends*
 
I missed Hana. I haven't been able to visit her as often as I had in the past. I hope she's doing well.
 
Heh, I still remember that day clearly in my head. At the park, she was all smiles. I don't think she's had that much fun in a long time. 
 
When it was time for her to go back to the children's home, she was able to sneak back in without them knowing. Turns out they didn't even know that she was gone. Wow..
 
From that day on, I started coming to the children's home to help them out. Volunteer. But I mostly went to visit Hana. I've asked my parents so many times if we could adopt her, but no matter what I say, they wouldn't allow it. If I could, I would adopt her in the blink of an eye.
 
~Anna~
 
The thought of Myungsoo taking me to a children's home never even crossed my mind. Did I really overestimate this guy? 
 
The sight of the words, Children's Home sent chills through my body. These children were children who didn't get to wake up to the sight of their parents. They were children that never had a chance at a normal childhood. 
 
We got out of the car. I followed him up the steps to the children's home. The people in charge smiled at the sight of Myungsoo. A woman approached us.
 
"Hello Myungsoo," she greeted him. She looked at me.
 
"This is my girlfriend," Myungsoo explained. Yah! Again with the girlfriend act?! Aish...
The woman smiled.
 
"The kids are playing right now. Would you like to go in and see them?" she asked us. We nodded yes. She led us to a room with a sign that read: Play Room. 
 
We entered the room and when a good number of the kids saw Myungsoo, they dropped their toys and ran to him with open arms. In a matter of seconds, many little kids enveloped Myungsoo in a huge hug. 
 
I looked at Myungsoo. A huge smile present on his face. The sight of him in this state. Surrounded by kids. Smiling. I don't know why, but I started blushing all of a sudden.
 
Yah! Anna! Are you falling for him?! Snap out of it Anna! What are you thinking?!
 
When all the kids surrounding Myungsoo hugged him and said hi, they all returned to their toys. Well, all but one kid. She was the first one to hug Myungsoo. So when all the other kids left, she was the only one left on Myungsoo. Myungsoo hugged her back.
 
I watched the girl. For some reason, I thought that she sort of resembled Myungsoo a little bit. They looked a little alike. And looking at them locked in an embrace, they looked as if they were brother and sister. Were they related? They walked over to me.
 
"Oppa who's this pretty unnie?" the little girl asked Myungsoo.
 
"This is oppa's girlfriend," he replied. Of course... Of course he'd say that... 
 
"Really?! Aww, hello!" she squealed in delight. She was really cute. She reminded me of many other little girls I've babysitted before.
 
"Hi," I said. "What's your name?"
 
"Hana," she replied. "How about you?"
 
"I'm Anna."
 
"Hehe, that rhymes!"
 
"Ha, it does." 
 
Hana took my hand in one of her hands and with her other hand, she took Myungsoo's. She led us to a part of the room which she turned into some type of fort. 
 
"Come inside my castle! There's lots of room!" she said. Myungsoo went in without any hesitations. I did the same. 
 
"Hmm, since we're in a castle, we need a prince and a princess." she said.
 
"You could be the princess," Myungsoo said. "And I could be the prince." He looked over at me. "And my girlfriend here can be the maid." I punched his arm.
 
"Yah," I said. He and Hana both laughed.
 
"Okay! That's a good plan!" she said. Hey, who's side are you on?! Hana looked at Myungsoo. When their eyes met, it's as if they sent a secret message to each other. What are you guys planning?
 
*Author's Note: Hi guys! One of the three long updates is posted. Two more is coming your way. I hope you liked this, hehe. ^^