Eighteen

Babysitter Crush

~Myungsoo~

Wow.

I'm finally eighteen. 

Oh yeah.

That means I can now do whatever I want, whenever I want.

No parents telling me what to do.

Freedom. 

I got up from bed and got ready for school. The day I turned 18. Is the day my life begins.

~Anna~

Ok, today I had to babysit Mr. Lee's daughter from 2:30-4:30. After that I had to babysit Mrs. Kim's twins from 6:00-7:00. Ahh, that's a relief. Just two babysitting jobs then I can go home and rest. Just me and-

*Last Romeo plays*

My phone was ringing. Please don't be a babysitting job. Please don't be a babysitting job. Although I do love kids, I do want time for myself. And time to relax as an 18-year old girl. I have school and a life you know.

I looked at the number. I didn't recognize it. Of course. If I don't recognize it, then it's pretty obvious who this person is. So much for a relaxing day.

"Yeoboseo, this is Anna. The right babysitter for you. Who's speaking?" I said. This was my usual line when someone called for a babysitting job.

What is it this time? Twins? Girl? Boy? Troubled? Sweet? Stupid? Know-it-all? Or probably just a regular kid?

"Hi, you're a babysitter right?" the woman asked.

Nawwwww... 

I'm a brain surgeon...

That's what I said when I answered the phone, after all...

"Yes, do you need me to babysit your child for you?" I asked.

"Yes, I need you to babysit my son for me. Is that ok with you?" she asked. 

Well, it's not like I had anything planned. You know, I just thought that I could relax a little. 

"Sure, of course it's fine with me," I said.

"Ok will this time work for you?"

~Myungsoo~

3 months after turning 18: 3 tickets. Failing classes. Coming home way after curfew. Fired from job.

6 months after turning 18: 5 tickets. Parents found out. License taken away. Oh yeah, and I was drunk driving too. Luckily I didn't bump anyone. Well, I did bump a stop sign...

8 months after turning 18: News flash ~ My parents got me a babysitter.

A babysitter.

What am I? Four?

No. Uh uh. So not happening.

You ever imagined that? 

18-year old has a babysitter.

Never.

~Anna~

"Cunnie Cunnie! Look at me!" Kayla squealed.

The perks of babysitting a surgeon's daughter, getting to watch her play dress up. Not just any dress up, but dress up with some of the most expensive dresses I've ever seen. I have never seen that many zeros in my life.

Although this little girl was rich, she was different. She was really sweet. She wasn't like those snobby rich girls that you normally see in dramas. I hope she didn't change when she grew older. Her dad spoils her too, but she's still a cute little ray of sunshine.

"Wow! You look adorable! As always, of course!" I picked her up in the air and spun around. 

She wasn't that heavy, considering she's just four. I set her back down on the floor.

"Aww! Cunnie! More! Jebal!" she used aegyo on me. Have you ever seen aegyo from a little kid before? This is a warning: You will die from the cuteness overload. Trust me, I did multiple times. I don't know how I'm still alive right now.

"No! You're too heavy now!" I complained. I bent down so that we were eye level and I squeezed the chubby parts of her arms and face. She giggled because it tickled her a little. She's so cute.

"Yah Cunnie! I'm not fat!" she complained. I carried her up in the air again.

"I know! Of course you're not! You're chubby!" I said. We both laughed as we spun around again and again. I finally sat her down. I collapsed on the floor out of exhaustion and dizziness. She laughed.

~Myungsoo~

*What Happens When Myungsoo Doesn't Go To The Babysitter*

1. Phone taken away (Pshh I can live with that.)

2. Curfew Earlier (No.)

3. No more dating, drinking, or clubbing (I don't care...)

4. Keys taken away (You wouldn't.)

5. Guitar taken away/ Get out of the band (You, my parents, have officially crossed the line.)

I really believed that my parents would do that. I've learned though the years that they mean what they say. What they say, remains that way. There decisions are final. 

So I knew that if I didn't go to the babysitter, all of these would happen for sure. Some of them I'm honestly ok with, but the last two are absolute no-no's.

Alright.

Fine.

Babysitter it is then.

A few hours with some old lady wouldn't hurt right?

Well, except complete boredom...

~Anna~

I have a new babysitting job today.

Wow, I never even bothered to ask that woman what her son was like.

Oh well, maybe he'll surprise me. I hope he's sweet. I hope he won't cause problems.

I wonder if he's cute...