BIRTHDAY

Eternities

 

XX. TAEK WOON


 

We got caught up with a fight between each other. 

 

I didn't know myself if it was intentional or not, since if it were intentional, then I wouldn't feel guilty and instead, I would be in such a delight. But then... I felt sorry because I made her upset. It was kind of rare to see her like that - Agitated and capsized and all. Hak Yeon and the others told me that this was the only way to sneak up a surprise on her. I wasn't quite sure if it was the right decision to trust them. 

 

We both have the same birth dates - It was on the tenth of November. And that day is today. I was anticipating for her arrival as I kept my nerves calm by clutching on the little box inside my pocket. I felt a small curve at the ends of my lips. I could hear familiar footsteps nearing the front door. I was so used to the heavy thumping of her dark chocolate-colored uggs, which were her favorite footwear for autumn, that I wouldn't have to doubt on whether it was a stranger or someone else I knew. When she entered the house with a long face, it changed by the time she opened the door and the light. The girl's pretty eyes widened as she gasped shockingly at what unveiled right before her. There were pastel-colored balloons stuck on every corner of the living room and some laying right on the floor. As if by instinct, she entered the bedroom. The place where I've been waiting for a long while. She was in a skeptic state. 

 

As soon as I saw her face, I sang a serenade. 

 

Congratulations, happy birthday to my love
I won’t change, I’ll make your heart race every day
I promise you

 

Thank you so much, thank you for my love
For being born today, for coming to me
Meeting you was a great fortune in my life
Now blow out the candles, my love

 

I approached the teary-eyed girl. "Taek Woon..." She uttered in disbelief. "Shh." I smiled ever so gently as I neared her favorite mocha-flavored cake right at her lips. "Blow." As soon as I said those words, the candle's light died, and a laugh escaped from her lips. The laugh that felt like music to my ears. Her tears fell, which made her orbs glisten like the twinkling stars at the night sky. Because of that, her pretty eyes got even prettier. I couldn't describe the sensation in my stomach by the time I saw her reaction. My stomach was churning, my heart was pacing, my whole body was in glee. It felt like I saw Eden through her. I rubbed the tears off with my free hand and gave her another heartwarming smile. "Taek Woon..." She sobbed, "I'm sorry I got mad at you." The girl in front of me apologized. I shook my head, placed the cake at a table standing beside her, then continued my song.

 

For being born, for being by my side
I am born again because I met you

 

She grinned, and I was certain that another wave of waterworks were about to come up. To prevent that, I cupped her small and delicate face with my hands and lightly pressed my lips on her forehead. Just when she thought that it was all over, I reached for something in my pocket. I sang the last part of the song. Both our wishes were about to come true.

 

Now will you put this ring on? My love

 


 

600 words.

PROMPT 110. He touched the little box in his pocket and smiled.

PROMPT 5. Choose a song and base your story on its lyrics.

Inspiration.

 

Dedicated to Jung Taek Woon's 25th Birthday. Happy Birthday to my love.