005

The Story of Us

Meanwhile, Woohyun was feeling conflicted. On the one hand, he already had a girlfriend. His parents had never actually met Kim Minah, and had only read of her through the tabloid reports. He was, of course, scolded for making a scandal, but his parents had generally let him off and thought it was just a fling, and that 'boys will be boys'. They thought that marriage would 'straighten him out'. Woohyun loved Minah, or so he believed, and he was of course suffering in the relationship; Minah wasn't happy about the engagement. Not at all. She cried and raged at Woohyun, pleaded with him, screamed at him, and cried some more. It was mostly acting on her part, but Woohyun didn't notice. He felt bad about it, and spent ages consoling Minah, kissing her, hugging her, buying her expensive jewellery and handbags, and generally being apologetic towards Minah.

 

On the other hand, now that Jung Soomin had moved into his house, he was reminded of her too. He was initially cold to her, because he thought she was ruining his love life, but then once he realised that she was actually not a bad person, no far from it, she was really nice, he started to feel a strange emotion. Called GUILT. He felt guilty because he was supposed to marry her. Yet he loved someone else. But Jung Soomin was the girl who he was officially responsible for. So he became even colder to her, not because he hated her, but because he was very confused. 

 

Truth be told, he was getting a little tired from all the drama with Minah, and Soomin was only ever pleasant towards him. She got along with his friends, something which Minah had never managed, and she always greeted him cheerfully, with a bright smile, even though he always ended up ignoring her. He had observed Soomin actually. She always seemed happy when she was baking with Myungsoo. She put up with Sungjong's shopping extravaganzas. She and the others got on well too. But she too had started to be a little distant from him. She started to be less bright and less smiley towards him, almost as if she was a little scared of him. 

 

He was so confused.