004

The Story of Us

It's been a month already, and wow my family really wants me dead. Well, I suppose not literally, but they want me to move into Woohyun's house.

 

That's right.

 

Move in with HIM.

 

'You'll get to bond with one another, and you'll live there anyway when you get married' said my mother.

 

'Wow, I didn't know you want to get rid of me so quickly' I remarked dryly.

 

But then grandpa stepped in, and we made a bargain - instead of our current monthly Saturday-coffee-and-cake-and-cookies-and-brownies-morning, we'll have them fornightly. I jumped at the chance, and so now I'm on my way to live with the Nam family. Who I have been assured are really lovely people, who will treat me well, and I will love them.

 

They are lovely people. Mrs Nam insists on me calling her and Mr Nam 'Umma and Appa' and treats me like her own daughter. Granddad Nam is also very kind to me. I have my own room, which is bright and spacious, and it's basically like home...except it's not home home. Woohyun got a shock to know I moved in, but apart from acknowledging my presence occasionally, he never really talks to me.

 

Bonding - yeah right

 

It has been a little lonely for me, not to mention boring, but nothing I can't handle. Infinite visits sometimes, and we hang out; Sungjong likes to shop for me. I say for because he thinks my sense of fashion is interesting, and buys me lots of weird clothes. Myungsoo and I have bake-and bond sessions, as well as general hangouts. We've worked out that we're spiritual twins - we are basically the same, both a little quiet, a little mysterious and we generally have the same personalites. We both like to bake, which surprised me a little, but I guess he's a little better than me since his parents are restauratuers, and own some of the finest restuarants in Seoul, which meant he learnt from some of the best pastry chefs. So jealous of him!

 

The others hang out here quite often too though Myungsoo and Sungjong are the ones I'm closest with.

 

Woohyun joins in sometimes, but yet again, he never talks to me. I'm beginning to think he hates me for something, but I have no idea what I could have done to make him angry.