002

The Story of Us

He had gotten engaged.

 

To someone he had never met before.

 

To Jung Soomin, the girl everyone wanted in their family.

 

He just hoped his girlfriend would get over it, and help him get out of this marriage.

 

Woohyun had never been on the right tracks. He had always messed around with life, and never cared about the consequences. In other words, he was a loose cannonball, a direct contrast with his wife-to-be, who was the perfect student, the perfect daughter, basically a parragon. He chuckled bitterly. His parents had basically begged, bribed, and blackmailed him into this marriage, which apparently would do his image a lot of good, and in extension, give the business a lift. 

 

He knew he would never have gotten out of it anyway, he was the eldest grandson and she was the eldest granddaughter. Their grandfathers would have found a way for them to get married anyway, even if he had raised hell. Not that he wouldn't go down fighting.

 

He had already found his 'soulmate' anyway. His girlfriend of 4 years, Kim Minah. They had met in college and started dating, and he convinced himself that he would marry her. Of course that was before he found out about the arranged marriage with the Jung family. He had actually not told Minah about himself initially, but later on he did; he didn't want to lie to her. And Minah then became determined to keep him at her side.

 

His friends, a group of other eligible young men known as 'Infinite' saw the change. Minah was no longer the kind, smiley, bouncy girl they had known before. She became colder, more calculating, more manipulative. In other words, she became a gold digger almost overnight.

 

He never saw the change. 

 

He was blinded by Minah.

 

Fooled into thinking she loved him back as much as he loved her. She did love him. Well, his money anyway.