016

The Story of Us

 

After Chaeyoung was finally done with all her pins and what-not, it was time for me to go home and get ready. 2 hours later, and I emerged in a fitted black lace shift dress with a gold zip at the back, a cropped black double ed wool jacket with long sleeves and bright brass buttons, black tights, my new shoe boots. I had my hair loosely curled, and I had put on a touch of makeup - I still looked like me, but prettier. I then grabbed my clutch bag with the chain handle, and now, I'm good to go!

 

 


 

 

Woohyun smiled to himself as he picked out a bouquet at the florists'. A dozen, bright, red roses with a light fragrance to show her how much he had fallen in love with her. He got the florist to wrap them up in lilac tissue paper, with a deep purple bow, Soomin's favourite colours. The thought of Soomin put a smile on his face. He didn't know how or when but he was falling deeper and deeper in love with the girl, who had changed him so much. He wasn't blind, and knew that Soomin had a reputation of being a perfect paragon - perfect student, perfect daughter, perfect heiress, whilst he was the opposite. So he himself stopped with the reckless activites, the drinking, the partying. Woohyun actually took responsibility for himself and others nowadays, and instead of actively resenting his marriage, he embraced the thought of it. Before, he wanted to rebel, but now, as he got to know Soomin more, he felt that it wasn't so bad that he had to spend the rest of his life with her. In fact, he rather looked forward to it. And now the task at hand was to treat her well, show her just how precious she was to him, and prove himself worthy of her.

 

He had left the florists' now, and waited patiently for Soomin. When she entered the room, all eyes were upon her. She looked stunning. Not overdone as many girls seemed to be nowadays with the makeup and the perfume, and the skimpy dresses. Soomin always dressed well, she showed enough to show off her figure but still left enough to the imagination.  As she made her way towards him, smiling widely as always, he felt himself falling even deeper. He also felt jealous of all the attention bestowed upon her by the other male customers. As soon as she reached the table, Woohyun stood up and wrapped an arm around her waist before kissing her on the lips. It startled Soomin, and she was a bit red as she whispered 'What are you doing?!' when she pulled away to Woohyun. He, on the other hand was satisfied as all the other men turned away in disappointment.

 

'Nothing, baby kitty, I just missed you.' he said, before leaning closer towards her ear and growling playfully 'You're mine'

 

Soomin raised an eyebrow, before saying, 'Yes, well, erm...Woohyun, I think we should sit down now'

 

'Oh yeah...but before that, here..'said Woohyun, as he handed Soomin the bouquet.

 

'You bought these...for me?' she questioned, keeping her face impassive

 

'Yes, kitty, these are for you...do you like roses? I can get you something else...l-lilies o-or orchi-'

 

'I love them' said Soomin, before beaming with happiness at Woohyun.

 

 


 

 

Dinner was thoroughly enjoyable for the couple, although Woohyun made several attempts to get Soomin to feed him. Soomin only did so half-heartedly, not out of embarrassment, but because the food was so good . However, during dessert (they were sharing a giant chocolate brownie ice cream sundae with plenty of whipped cream and chocolate sauce) a curvaceous woman, fully made up, perfumed and coifed, wearing an ultra short, figure hugging red dress with a plunging neckline showing an impressive cleavage slowly strutted in on skyscraper heels, enjoying the admiring glances thrown her way.

 

Click....Clack

Click...Clack

Click...Clack 

 

Kim Minah had made her entrance.

 

She scanned the room for Woohyun, but he was one of the few males who had not looked once in her direction. In fact, he was so happily absorbed in feeding a girl in a black dress, who in turn was feeding him back, that he didn't even notice someone walking in. She curled her hands into fists when he leant forward to kiss away a bit of sauce at the corner of the girl's mouth. She pursed her lips when the girl blushed. She felt her blood boil when she lifted her spoon up to feed Woohyun, and his expression upon being fed was so ... happy. She felt like vomiting at the sweet scene. None the less, she walked over to the bar to get a Cosmopolitan.

 

This is going to be fun. Jung Soomin, I will make you regret stealing MY man from me.

 

 


 

 

As Woohyun chewed contentedly on the spoonful of sundae Soomin had just put into his mouth, he thought he could smell a familiar scent. No sooner had that thought crossed his mind, a shadow came over their table. Woohyun took a sharp breath. Kim Minah.

 

'Woohyun-oppa! Where have you been? I've missed you!!' whined Minah, as she leant over Woohyun, shoving her cleavage into his face. 'Do you want to come over to mine tonight? I'll make it fun for you, even if you have been ignoring me. Naughty, naughty...'she added with a seductive wink.

 

Woohyun had frozen at that point, but he glanced at Soomin before saying anything. Soomin's expression had gone blank, and she put her spoon down, before looking away out of the window. Woohyun's heart clenched to see Soomin sad, but first he had to get rid of Minah. He gently pushed her away.

 

'Minah, please stop that. Also, meet my fiancee, Jung Soomin. Soomin, this is Minah, an old friend of mine.' he said, trying to keep it civil.

 

Soomin had known Woohyun's history with females, and was almost ready to put aside her own feelings of hurt for the sake of civility, when a voice cut through the air.

 

'That ugly little ?! HER?!?! You're FIANCEE?!? Woohyun, what about us? You said you loved me!!!' yelled Minah, causing heads to turn at the restaurant. 

 

'Minah, I must have been too busy to officially break up with you, but just to confirm it, yes, we're over, and DON'T YOU DARE CALL MY FIANCEE A !!' Woohyun yelled back.

 

'I'll call her what I like!! You ugly ! You skinny little homewrecker! ! !' shrieked Minah, before she totally crossed the line.

 

 

She dumped her drink over Soomin...

Then she raised a hand to land a slap on her face...

 

 

The shock of the cold drink shook Soomin from her reverie and she caught the hand heading her direction, before giving the owner of the hand a cold glare.

 

'Minah-ssi, my name is Jung Soomin, and I am the heiress of the Jung corporation. I have no quarrel with you; I don't even know you. Your's and my fiance's past relationship has nothing to do with me, and it is all in the past, anyway. However I have to tell you, that you have absolutely no right to come here and insult me, call me names, pour drinks over me or even to assault me.' said Soomin in a cool voice, before releasing the hand that had almost hit her.

 

Soomin then took a napkin, and tried to pat herself dry. She took her jacket, her bag and her bouquet before standing up and giving one last cold glance in Minah's direction.

 

'Woohyun, I'm tired and I'm wet. I'm going home. Finish up your business here, and I'll see you at home' she said, before turning on her heel and walking out of the restaurant.

 

Woohyun stared at Soomin's retreating back, before realising that Soomin was leaving him. He too, stood up wqith a jolt and started to chase after her, but a claw-like hand pulled him back.

 

'Oppaaa~ We'll have some fun tonight...now that ugly is gone ' said Minah in a sultry voice with a pouty look.

 

Woohyun glanced down at what was stopping him leave, then he pulled his arm away.

 

'Don't you get it Minah? We're over!!' he shouted, before dashing out the restaurant. He looked left and right for Soomin.

 

'Soomin-ah! Soomin! Kitty!' he yelled repeatedly, ignoring the stares he got. 

 

'Baby kitty Soomin...'he whispered one last time, before dejectedly making his way towards his car.

 

Just when everything was going right in his life, Kim Minah had to show up, and ruin everything. He stepped on the pedal, hoping to get home quickly. He wanted to get home as quickly as possible, to explain everything and to console Soomin. The sad expression in her eyes...the way her smile disappeared...it all made his heart clench with pain, knowing he had hurt Soomin. It also made him realise that his 'thing' with Minah had been purely superficial, an infatuation - he had never truly loved her, and the whole thing made him even more ashamed, knowing the way he had treated Soomin at the beginning, whilst using his 'love' for Minah as an excuse. What had he even seen in Kim Minah anyway? He shuddered lightly.

 

Baby kitty, hang on, your Namstar's coming for you, just hold on. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, I'll make it up to you, I promise...

 

He passed by a pet shop that was still open at that hour. He stopped the car and got out. A single, lone Russian Blue kitten was gazing out the window forlornly. It caught Woohyun's eye. Woohyun grinned.