012

The Story of Us

As Woohyun encircled his muscular arms around Soomin's thin body, he felt at peace. Fuzzy. Happy. It was different from when Minah hugged him. Minah was touchy-feely with him, mostly to appeal to his masculine urges, but with Soomin, it felt just right. He felt comforted. He also let the floodgates open, and he cried into Soomin's soft hair, as he was reminded of his Grandmother, who had done so much for him.

 

As for Soomin, she too felt happy when she put her arms around Woohyun's neck and shoulders. She had slowly been falling in love with Woohyun, there was no point in denying it. She had always been emphatic, and though Woohyun had been portayed as a loose cannonball with playboy tendencies by the media, she had actually seen what Sunggyu had told her: he was just a lonely, misunderstood boy who didn't know what to do with his life. Nonetheless, even though he had hurt her a while ago, she was willing to let it go, and turned her attention to comforting the crying boy, no crying man who was holding her and who she was holding. She rubbed his back in circles, and whispered soothing sounds, as he cried into her hair.

 

Not too long afterwards, Woohyun's crying subsided, and he took large gulps of air. Vanilla. He sniffed again at Soomin's hair. Vanilla. He smiled. He liked how she smelled, it reminded him a little of his grandmother.

 

'Thanks.' mumbled Woohyun.

 

'No problem' said Soomin, with a smile.

 

''And...erm...you smell nice' muttered Woohyun. 

 

'Er...thanks, I guess?'

 


 

They were walking back now, feeling much more at ease with one another. Soomin had never been to Nam Villa before, nor the surrounding area, adn even the lake wasn't dampening her spirits. She skipped here and there, surveying her surroundings with curiosity. Woohyun was looking at her, and was finding it hard not to break into a smile. She looks adorable. She was nothing like Minah, who was only interested in material things. Right now, Soomin was chasing a butterfly that was chasing another one.

 

'Look!, That's like us!' she exclaimed happily.

 

Woohyun cracked a smile at that. He just couldn't resist.

 

 

Hoppty-skippty

Hoppty-skippty

Hoppty-skippty

Ho-

 

AHHH!!!!!!!!!

 

Splash

 

 

Soomin had misjudged the distance from the footpath and the lake, and tripped on a rock as she was chasing the butterfly, before losing her balance completely, and then falling into the lake. Not this again, no, I can't swim.

 

Woohyun watched with horror, before coming back to his senses, as he saw Soomin kicking and struggling and screaming.

 

'Im coming to get you' he yelled, as he jumped in to save her.

 

Soomin was screaming, and struggling, before she started to lose strength and her head started to go under the water. No, not this again, no, NO, NOOO!!! she thought before losing consciousness.

 

Woohyung finally reached her, and cradled her in his arms, and saw she was still breathing, before bringing her back to the shore.  Luckily they were quite near the house, and Woohyun, without further ado, lifted her up bridal style and ran as fast as he could to the house, where he ordered the maids to change Soomin's clothing and the housekeeper to call the doctor.

 

 


 

 

'How is she?' asked a very worried Woohyun. Though he insists that he had no feelings for her, he actually felt more for her than he cared to admit. 

 

'You're very lucky Master Nam, she didn't go under for very long, and she was still breathing. From what you say, I expect she's just in deep shock. Oh, and keep her warm, she was drenched just then, and it's starting to get cold. You need to look after yourself too young man, take a hot bath. You can't look after her if you're ill too. Oh, by the way, congratulations on your engagement, Miss Jung looks like she would make a fine wife for you.' replied Dr Han, the doctor who just examined Soomin, before bowing and making his exit.

 

Woohyun entered the room Soomin was in, checked on her, then took a bath as told. No one disobeyed Dr Han in his family.

 

 


 

 

Woohyun checked in on Soomin once again. He walked to the bed, and noticed the bedspread quivering. He looked at Soomin, before he realised that she was the one shivering. He touched her forehead - no fever. She must just be feeling cold. He went and got more blankets and sheets and put them on the bed, but Soomin still shook. In fact she was curled into a ball. Woohyun couldn't think what else to do, before he looked at Soomin again. He remembered the kindness she had shown him, despite him being a total jerk to her, then he climbed into the bed with her, hoping to warm her with his body heat. He took her hands and placed them on his chest, then he straightened her legs, before entwining them with his. He tucked her head under his chin, and once he checked that she was fully covered and tucked in, he wrapped an arm under her shoulders and held her head, whilst he wrapped the other arm around her waist. Again, Woohyung was surprised at how fragile she felt, and it aroused a protective instinct within him. He needed to protect this fragile bundle within his arms, and shield her from harm. 

 

'I-I-I'm-m-m sss-o c-c-old, W-W-ooh-hyun' stuttered Soomin.

 

'Shhh, it's ok baby kitty, I'm here now, Namstar's here now' replied Woohyun. Baby kitty? Namstar? Where did those come from? Yet the words just left his mouth.

 

'H-h-mmm...' 

 

'Just sleep, ok, baby kitty?' murmured Woohyun, as he proceeded to hum a soft lullabye.

 

Soomin, starting to feel warmer, relaxed a little, and started to fall asleep to the humming. Woohyun felt Soomin' shivering decrease, and her breathing becoming slower and calmer. He looked down at the girl bundled in his arms, and the warm fuzzy feeling came back. He liked it, in fact. He kissed Soomin's forehead, before wrapping his arms tighter around her, as if he didn't want to let go.

 

'Goodnight, Soomin, my baby kitty' he whispered.

 

 

 

 

And through it all, not once did he think of Kim Minah