The Moon Fox

6 Myths

                Hana froze at the sight...

                It... it couldn’t be...

                The man gave her a sinister smile revealing fangs on his upper teeth.

                “I am... as they called... the moon fox.” The man said, taking a few steps towards her.

                Hana wants to flee but in her current position, she cannot do so. The moon fox was already in front of her, he looks at her directly in the eyes. His eyes from golden yellow turn red which was really frightening. Never in Hana’s life had she felt this kind of horror. The fox’s hand reaches her chin... his nails were long and sharp that it nearly pierce Hana’s cheeks. He held her chin tightly and as if on cue, she felt paralyzed; she couldn’t move a single muscle. Only her eyes state her fear for him.

                “Normally... I would have you torn into pieces and eat your heart” The fox said with a charming smile. “But I couldn’t do so since my brothers would like a share from my kill too.”

                Hana’s eyes bulged. What awaits her from this situation?

                “Hmmm” The fox then moved his hand to Hana’s left chest which made Hana flinched at the contact, the fox made a grim expression. “Human... your heart is greatly injured. I cannot eat such thing” Hana was taken aback that she suddenly felt her fear going away.

                “YAH! At least it still works!” Hana retorted and the fox seemed a bit surprised. “And what do you mean injured?!” The foxed seemed irked.

                “You dare to speak back at me, puny human?!” The Moon Fox said. “I hesitated to eat you because of your condition; now you make me want to finish you in one blow!” Hana pursed her lips and closes her eyes, waiting for her doom.

                Before the moon fox do something, a sudden gush of wind came and large green opening appeared on their side. Hana was surprised as the green thingy seemed to have endless void inside it... or is it as they say... a portal? Then if that’s the case... another person came out of the portal.

                “Do not harm her!” A distant voice said and separates the Moon Fox and HAna from each other.

                Hana looks at the newcomer. He has his back at her so she couldn’t see his face. He has large eagle-like wings and he’s wearing brown robes and a bird’s tail coming out from his waist. His nails were claw-like same as the birds. As like what the report said earlier, the newcomer’s description seemed to be like ‘The Traveller’s’.

                “Dear brother... you’ve come” The moon fox said in delight. Hana watches as the conversations starts... she too is curious to why The Traveller wants to spare her life.

                “Brother, I ask of you to spare her” A deep yet familiar voice came from The Traveller. The moon fox raise his brow and looks at Hana.

                “Why do you want to spare this human?” The Moon Fox asks then take a closer look at Hana.

                “Brother, please...” The Traveller said the Moon Fox stops his observing and narrows his eyes at his ‘brother’.

                “You want her eyes... don’t you?” the Moon Fox said and the Traveller didn’t answer. “Her eyes seemed to be valuable to you... is it not?”

                “Brother...”

                “I see...” The Moon Fox smiles. “My little brother... if that’s the reason, then... she’s free to go”

                Hana frowns.

                What in the world? What do they mean? Why does this Traveller want my eyes?

                “Thank you, brother” The Traveller said. The Moon Fox then went close towards Hana and blows a soft breeze on her face. Hana feels sudden drowsiness. The moon Fox then lean towards her ears and whispers something:

                “Dear Hana... do not let your eyes deceive you, I will keep in touch with you”

                With those words, Hana went to sudden sleep...

...

KRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Hana jolts up from the sound of her alarm clock. She looks around to see that she’s in her room.

                How in the world...

                She didn’t have any memory of going in her room that time; she can’t even remember going home. Hana scanned her brain trying to recall what happened—then she remembered meeting the Moon Fox and The Traveller. Her eyes widened... were all those things happened—is real? Hana doesn’t believe it but the only explanation is that it happened! But then, why would she be here in her room? Hana’s face scrounged up in focus then—she just let go of it.

                “Meh... must be a dream... I must be preoccupied with Wannie yesterday that I didn’t notice I went home” Hana told herself.

                KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!!!

                “YAH SHIN HANA!!!” Dongwan’s voice came from the other side of the door. “GET OUT OR WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE, IDIOT!”  Hana looks at her clock to see it was already 20 minutes before her school bell ring.

                “Omo!” Hana then rushes towards her things and started to wear her school uniform.

                DongWan is already allowed inside her house since Hana’s family is always not around and DongWan already has a key to her house if in case she needs it. Of course, Hana’s parents don’t know about this. Hna’s parents are always out for work, her sister lives in a dorm where she proceeds her studies while her younger brother are with her parents. All of them rarely come home, and if they do, disaster follows.

                “Yah! You didn’t answer my call last night!” DongWan scolds her. They were already walking towards their school. Hana is munching vigorously on her melon bread.

                “I didn’t hear it” Hana said. Though she’s not even sure what happened to her.

                “Yah... why aren’t you wearing your glasses... you won’t be able to see anything!” DongWan said, it’s true that Hana needs to wear specs for better vision, but she’s not that blind.

                “Yah! I’m wearing them, pabo-ya?!” Hana insisted.

                “Mwoh?! You really are blind, aren’t you?! YOU’RE NOT EVEN WEARING ANY!” dongWan retorts. Hana glares at him any smacks his arm.

                “Idiot!!! I AM WEAR...ing...” Hana touches the bridge of her nose, but she was not wearing glasses. But how come everything she sees is so clear? “Yah! Where are my glasses?!” DongWan sighs.

                “You check your bag” DongWan rolls his eyes and Hana did so. She found her Glass case and retrieves a pair of glasses from the case. She then puts them on—but to her surprise, as soon as she do so, her vision became blurry. As she takes it off, her vision became clear. She puts it on again and her vision became blurry again.

                “What the...” Hana mumbled.

                “Wae..?” DongWan asks, Hana looks at him and puts the glasses back in its case.

                “Nothing... I need to get a new pair of glasses” Hana said though... uncertain.

                Throughout the lecture periods that Hana has, she didn’t pay attention because of the recent events happened to her. How could she see clearly when in fact ever since at the age of 8, she’s already wearing eyeglasses? Another thing happened to her is that, how did she came to her room? Is her dream... real? All those things she saw... are they real?

                Hana... this isn’t even rational, stop thinking these hallucinations...

                Hana thought to herself.

                “Ms. Shin Hana” The teacher boomed her voice. Hana was taken aback she suddenly woke up from her reverie.

                “Can you repeat the question, ma’am?” Hana stands up. Mrs. Yoo placed her hands on her hip and chuckles. Her classmate laughs at her.

                “Clearly, you weren’t listening. Shin Hana-ssi, I am just doing the roll call” Mrs Yoo said with an appreciative sound. “Please sit down...” Hana slumps in her chair when she looks at her side where DongWan sits, the latter gave her a smirk and laughs. Hana gave him a slap on his arm.

...

                “Okay let’s start again... please tell me the letters on the poster”

                “E F P T O Z L P E D P E C F D E D F Z C P” HAna said without even effort. She was amazed! She’s been doing this examination for minutes already and her ophthalmologist is still in the verge of shock.

                “Hana... are you sure you haven’t gone under laser surgery?” The Doctor asked.

                “Nope... if I did, I’d come to you in the first place” Hana said. The Doctor frowned and shakes his head.

                “What could have happened?” The Doctor asks.

                “I was wondering if you could answer me that question” Hana said to the clueless Doctor.

                Getting nothing from the Eye Care Center, Hana just decided to go home, but before she do, she went to get an eyeglass frame and on her way out of the center is DongWan. Hana’s heart jumped in glee knowing that her friend is here waiting for her. She smiled brightly but then her smile drops as she sees that DongWan is busy scanning through his phone.

                “Yah... get off your phone” Hana said and pulls his arm that holds his phone.

                “Yaaaaaahh, no!” DongWan fussed and pulls his arm up and starts pressing keys.

                “Who are you texting?” Hana said in an annoyed tone.

                “Tsk, Lee HwaYoung” DongWan look at her with pained expression. “If I don’t text her now, my chances of being with her will be low!” HAna was taken aback by his words.

                Is he... courting her?

                Hana couldn’t voice out the sudden jolt of pain in her heart. She knows DongWan always like Hwayoung for some reason... but...she just couldn’t accept it.

                “Kaja” Hana told him.

                “Huh? Uhh... can you go home on your own?” DongWan said and rubbed the back of his neck. “I still uhh... well... uhm...” Hana became sour.

                “If you’re going to meet HwaYoung today, just say so... don’t stutter there like an idiot” Hana said and stomps away.

                There she goes again... walking alone down the street of loneliness. Hana wasn’t really used without DongWan by her side. DongWan is always with her no matter what, sure DongWan had girlfriends before but it was all his leisure. She didn’t care though; she knew all of them were just his... “Dolls” as he calls them. She didn’t patronize it either. Whenever DongWan is on his “playful” time, she stays away from him—she has got enough anti-fans thanks to him—he’s not even a celebrity!

                But in any ways, DongWan will still walk her home—he’d even ditch his girlfriend just to walk her home. Which is the sweetest thing that Hana ever seen in him and the reason why she cherish him dearly. But now that Lee HwaYoung came to their life... it was as though everything just changed. HAna doesn’t know how it started... she doesn’t care if DongWan likes someone but when he likes HwaYoung... she felt he is in danger. She doesn’t even know why.

                DongWan calls her crazy most of the time, but she doesn’t care all she wants is to protect her friend. She doesn’t care if he doesn’t like her back if it means he would walk her home every day. So walking alone this day.... seemed their separation is near.

                Separation...

                That word... could be a curse and a blessing. Separation means everything to someone like her who is living ‘alone’ in one roof. Having a family who’s rarely at home makes one feel alone. She just doesn’t want to be alone in an empty space and that empty space could only be filled by DongWan.

                Finally, Hana filled a few steps and she’s already in front of her house. She sighed deeply and entered, she locked all her doors as she enters not wanting DongWan to visit her in that state. That is... if DongWan would visit. She sighs again as she enters her large bedroom and sets all her things on her study table. She walks towards the large mirror and look at her reflection.

                On her reflection... she sees a sad lady... whose eyes are already b with tears.

                “Human... do not injure your heart furthermore” A distant voice said. Hana was shocked and looks into the mirror just to see that behind her is a large creature—no it was a silver fox with 6 tails! It was as large as a normal bear.

                “W-who are you?!” Hana managed to voice out as she turns around. In a moment, the fox was already in front of her—it’s face was already inches away from her face. Its eyes were golden yellow and has a full moon orb on its forehead.

                “I told you... I will keep in touch with you”


AiMei: kekekeekek~~~~ have you guesses which member in this chapter indicated? Come on... guess ^^uhmmm please? T^T
OTL Gah I'm hopeless~