As Promised to Hana

6 Myths

                “Yah... what is that weird man doing here?” A male student asks when Hana and DongWan passes through.

                Hana couldn’t believe it! What is Eric doing there on the gate with his entire flowery night gown?! Hana felt her soul is trying to escape from embarrassment. The other students were laughing at him as though he was some show to entertain them. The other female students swoon in delight and starts taking a few pictures from top... to... bottom.

                What should she do?!

                DongWan and Hana were closing towards the gate, but Hana doesn’t want to pass through because of embarrassment. But if she tells DongWan she don’t want to go home, he’d ask why and suspect that Eric might have something to do with her. Hana closes her eyes in embarrassment when an idea came to her. Maybe if she walks fast enough, she could get past away from Eric without him recognizing her? Hana looks up to see the crowd getting thicker. She decided to just run for it... well, taking DongWan with her that is. She looks towards the gate, eyes firing in determination. Hana grabs hold of DongWan—

                “Hey... what are you—AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!”

*SPRINT*

                Hana runs as fast as she could while grabbing DongWan on his collar. It was a bit surprising n why she could run that fast! Maybe if she even enter the tracking field team, she’d win in the 100 meters race. She didn’t care if she bumps all of the other students, all she wanted is to get away from the moment of shame. Hana’s eyes twinkled when she reaches past from the crowd, she was getting relieved when someone grabs hold of her hair in which stopped her running and collided with DongWan.

                “OOOOOOoooooh” Goes the crowd. Hana was in the middle of getting up...

                “Yah... do you think you can get away from me?” Eric asks in a growling-like voice.

                “Waaahhh! He looks cool!” Someone from the crowd said. Hana couldn’t believe her eyes and ears. She turns to look at Eric who has this dark look on his face.

                “You said you are arriving at sun down... it’s already sundown a while ago, why are you still here?” He asks in a low tone.

                “Ooooooooooooooooohhhhh” Goes the crowd again. Hana wished that the earth would just swallow her now. AS IN NOW, THIS INSTANT. Hana gave him a pained look before looking at his garments. She looks at him from top to down when her eyes bulge in realization. Something is poking from his lower body part.

                OH GOD... the SHAMEEEE!!!

                Hana blushed at what she just saw when DongWan walks up towards her. She saw DongWan giving Eric a suspicious look. Eric on the other hand gave him a cold look. The crowd were already whispering here and there and Hana bet... it would spread a gossip the next morning class, but then it’s fortunate that the next day is Saturday. But then... here goes Hana’s anti fans again, they’re going to spread negative rumor about her.

                “Hana...” DongWan was about to say something when Eric smirks at him.

                “Oh, hyung... what are you doing here?” A sly voice spoke. Looking back, HAna sees MinWoo walking towards Eric.

                “You... what are you doing here?” Eric looks at MinWoo pointedly. MinWoo gave him a wide grim and looks at Hana.

                “Ah... hyung, you really have some weird fashion sense... sorry if I locked the door” MinWoo just said and the others gave them some weir looks and on the other hand Hana was relieved that MinWoo saved her... but then, she remembers why. MinWoo is the deceiver, that’s why Eric would listen to him. Minwoo was already making his way away from the crowd, Eric follows. And just when Hana thought she could go home peacefully, Eric comes back and pulls Hana’s wrist and drags her along with them, leaving DongWan behind.

                Hana felt her face burning out of embarrassment. Firstly, she couldn’t believe that Eric would set out of the house, second, she didn’t expect that MinWoo would come and save her face—well... sort of and third, why is she being dragged along with these 2 myths? Hana jerks her wrist from Eric, but she failed to break free. Eric glares at her.

                “What are you doing?” Eric asks in a low tone, stopping all their tracks. Hana glares at him.

                “What are YOU doing?!” Hana yelled. “Coming to school and embarrassing me in front of the other students!” Hana cried.

                “Human, you told me that you’d be home by sun down... it’s already sun down and I expected to see you at your dwelling by now.” Eric said formally.

                “That’s not the point!” Hana yells in frustration. “I told you to wait for me!”

                “I don’t wait” Eric said pointedly. “I am hungry” HAna slaps her forehead and groans at him.

                “I already told you to eat those ramyun I bought!” Hana said.

                “There’s no hot water” Eric said simply and looks away with pride.

                “Then why don’t you make hot water?!” Hana asks him gaining few glances from the passerby.

                “I don’t make hot water. Only slaves do that for me” Eric said coolly and Hana just really want to tear off all of her hair. Meanwhile MinWoo just stands still.

                “Hana... I think it’s best to set out to your house than standing here. We are gather too much attention” MinWoo said and Hana looks around to see all the other citizen gathers and stare at them, scandalized. Hana bowed at them and mutters her apologies.

                With that, Hana pulls Eric over towards her house when she stops her tracks and looks back at the direction of their school. She remembered DongWan was left behind. Hana couldn’t help but to feel sad... she doesn’t understand. It was as though there’s something she knew and at the same time, she doesn’t. She wants to remember something that was amiss, and at the same time she wants to forget something. It was like a gap in her memories that she can’t even recall.

                “Hana” MinWoo called her again and Hana lets go of Eric’s hand.

                “Kaja” Hana said softly and the three of them walked home.

...

                SLUUUURRRRPPP~

                MUNCH MUNCH

                GOBBLE GOBBLE

                Hana watches as Eric munch away the ramyun and kimbap she bought from the food shop earlier, they are now in one of the park bench where there are only a few people and that’s not all. Together with Eric eating is MinWoo who also gobbles away the food she bought. Well, its common to their manners to share... and that’s how MinWoo ended up eating together with Eric. But it really seemed that MinWoo is quite hungry as the other.

                “Hana, aren’t you eating?” MinWoo asks.

                “Uhh... no” Hana said.

                Hana finds it peculiar seeing 2 myths eating in her presence. Usually, it would be DongWan eating together with her and there times when she’s eating alone. It’s strange... the feeling of being companied is strange to her. Especially that MinWoo is in her presence too, after Eric and DongWan told her to stay away from him.

                “MinWoo... why does DongWan don’t want me to trust you?” Hana asks. MinWoo just smiles at her.

                “Well... as you know, I’m the deceiver. It’s already common to people not to trust me” MinWoo said simply as though it was normal. Eric stares at Hana.

                “Human... buy me some of those... ice cream” Eric said. Hana looks at him grumpily.

                “No” Hana said firmly that made Eric look at her flustered. “I need to save money and I can’t keep buying all the things you want, plus... we need to buy you some clothes!”

                “Instead of buying, why not look at the recycling bin of old clothes?” MinWoo suggested. Hana’s face lit up and smiles at MinWoo.

                “That’s a great idea!” Hana said while smiling and steals the kimbap away from the fuming Eric.

                MinWoo stares at her smiling face... it’s been a while since he had seen that kind of smile. He felt happy inside... when suddenly a memory flashes in his mind. A picture of a smiling girl reaching her hands to him in which he gladly took. The little girl giggles in his arms.

                ChangJo...

...

                After getting Eric some new clothes from the recycling bin in which he protested to wear other people’s clothes. Hana was able to pick a few for his size, well... except for the underwear. She has to buy them for him so he’ll be decent... but then, why is she doing this again? Hana just feel doing so. But of course, she has to talk to Eric about it... she’s not his slave or whatsoever.

                “Yah... Moon Fox Dolyeonnim” Hana knocks at the bathroom where Eric locks himself into since he doesn’t want to talk to Hana because of the sweater and sweatpants she gave him earlier for use.

                “I do not want to speak with you” Came the answer from the other side of the door.

                “Aisshh...” Hana rolls her eyes. “Listen... tomorrow, you should come with me to the mall to buy underwear”

                “No” Eric said.

                “You cannot say no! I’m the one feeding you!” HAna yelled. “Aish... you better get your ready by the morning or I’ll kick you out!” With that, Hana storms away. All the while, Eric lay still inside the bath tub. He found solace when he’s inside of it... filled with bubble baths and floating rubber duckies.

                “This human world... this exact time is too complicated” Eric said as he squeezed the rubber ducky.

                “It is...” MinWoo said, appearing before Eric. Even though MinWoo’s tail is bitten, MinWoo can still dissolve into shades of shadows and appear in dark places. “It’s what the humans call as life”

                “Indeed... MinWoo... you stayed long enough in this world as par with DongWan. Is there anything you know?” Eric asks MinWoo sincerely.

                “Not much, but I learned how to live as a human” MinWoo said and sits on the bathroom counter.  “Well... I think I do”

                “Living as a human... seemed absurd” Eric said.

                “It’s not easy as it seem” MinWoo said. “But we have no choice but to retreat to this world since the celestial world won’t open for us” Eric scoffs.

                “The influence here... can kill any of us” Eric said gloomily.

                “If only Changjo is alive, then we could have returned” MinWoo said sadly.

                “There’s nothing we can do... the daughter of Venus can never be resurrected” Eric said seriously. “And there’s another thing we can do” Eric said with a glint on his eyes.

                “To kill the muse?” MinWoo smirks.

                “Kill the Muse”

...

                The night became deeper as the time passes by. Hana was already sleeping by then... but throughout her room, someone watches her even in her sleeping state. He does this every now and then just to watch her closely. Making sure that nothing will happen to her... even though he knows that Eric is already around to keep her safe, but he just doesn’t want to let any chances come and hurt her. DongWan... in his myth form with his large wings, settled on the wall opposite to where the bed is. He then stares at the moon in which he wonders when it will turn red again.

                “The moon will not turning into red again” Eric told DongWan who looks at the door to where Eric quietly slides in. He finds it a bit funny that Eric has to act human-like since he has no choice.

                “I know” DongWan said.

                “DongWan... MinWoo knows her identity... if the others will find out, they will come here and get her” Eric said and DongWan sighs.

                “That’s why I kept it all from you...” DongWan said softly. “I don’t want her to be taken... not yet”

                “One way or the other, DongWan... she’ll be taken” Eric said. “There’s no doubt about it”

                “Brother... please, not yet” DongWan said. “I have a promise to fulfil”

                “What promise?” Eric asks.

                “Hana’s promise” DongWan said softly when the wind blew strong against the windows, sending a black feather inside. Eric went towards the feather and inspects it. He then feel the strong and cold wind against his face.

                “The Winter prince is moving south...” Eric said and looks at the feather in his hand. “The Death crow... he warns us about the myth chasers.” DongWan stands.

                “That’s the reason why minWoo came here... Myth chasers suddenly appeared yesterday” DongWan said.

                “I know” Eric looks at the moon. “And I guess they want what we want...” DongWan walks towards Eric.

                “Brother... help me protect her”  


Aimwi: Ohhhhh the Muse... the muse that can bind the 6 myths! 
Why do the myths need to kill her?
What does Hana has that made the myths interested in her?
A clue is given within the chappy ^^

 


@feelgyo: OMG you're reaally close to the answer!!! How would you react if Eric wears the same clothe while waiting for you ouside school? kekeekeke~
@andymycutesuperman: Ahihihihi thank you for enjoying, I hope you'll read more in the future ^^ and you have to find out in the few chapters about the other characters ^^
@tokki24: kekekekek, just gather all of those clues and you'll find out ^^ about Eric, it seemed he's going to protect her
@jellybearred: Yeap Eric went there because he's hungry OTL and btw... all of these are from my imagination ^^ our folk lore is way too different. but then it has a bit similarity with the greek myth, but it's still different.
@Vien1103: Well... can you see it? >o<