ChangJo pt 2

6 Myths

SBBBAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!!!

               

                A large explosion occurred, Hana together with Andy, Eric and MinWoo took cover. People’s screams can be heard all over the place. It seemed like something hit the outer part of the building they were in. The place suddenly covered in dust and smoke, Hana coughs and coughs before she opens her eyes. She can’t see anything but she could hear thundering footsteps all around. Panickly, Hana grabs hold of Eric’s hand.

                “Yah! Let’s get out of here!” Hana yelled, but Eric didn’t budge.

                “Don’t be afraid, Hana” MinWoo’s voice came and suddenly, all the smokes that covers their vision disappears.

                “W-what’s...” Before even Hana complete her sentence, everything suddenly stops. From the people who were running endlessly, to the mere drop of water from the faucet, stopped... even the flying debris from the explosion stopped.

                Hana witnesses something amazing in front of her... it seemed like the time stopped. She looked at the wall clock on the nearby wall, its hands even stopped moving. Then... something distorts the atmosphere that the sky turned into violet, black-ish particle. It was like being in another realm... but it was different from MinWoo’s or Eric. She looks at the myths... Minwoo and Eric both have their Myth forms and Andy... was different too. Andy has this black fitting clothes with skeleton-like armor, he also wear a lower body quilt that seemed to made up from leather, his shoulder has pads on either sides with a sharp and pointy horn that’s similar to a rhino and Andy’s hair turned from black to the dark shade of red-black, his eyes turned crimson and his skin was as pale as a dead body.

                What caught Hana’s attention were his wings, not as large as the travellers, but it was just right for his size, and his face tattoo beneath his eyes. It was black and vertical. His eyes looked lifeless, but nevertheless, it was still cheery. Hana looked around as the smoke clears, her eyes bulged as there were 3-4 dead bodies on where the explosion happened, she felt her knees weakened. Those bodies were either got hit from the flying debris or got involved with the explosion.

                “W-what just h-happened?” Hana asks with quivering voice. Eric and MinWoo looks around.

                “Andy, stay here with Hana and see what you can do. MinWoo and I will go and see what has happened” Eric said and he suddenly floats in air. MinWoo dissolved into the shadows. Hana looks at Andy who was looking at the dead bodies sadly. His eyes suddenly glint of red.

                “Those people...” Andy said softly. “The other 4 is still breathing, but that one over there is dead”

                “Eh?” Hana looks at the one who was flattened by the wall.

                “The rest are still alive... we can still save them but this one” Andy said indicating the corpse. Hana watches at him apprehensively as he looks around. “We cannot undo deaths”

                “What are you saying?” Hana asks softly, not wanting to get a closer look as Andy does. The latter looks at her with sad expression.

                “The myths can rewind time like the explosion... we can undo it.” Andy said. “But we cannot bring a person back to life” Hana looks at the corpse.

                “Then... what about him?” Hana points at the cadaver.

                “He needs to die... the natural way for humans nowadays” Andy said and looks at the other bodies.

                “But...” Hana looks at the cadaver again. “But how come...”

                “When a person’s dead... he is dead forever. Once his heart stops beating, we cannot revive it” Andy said and looks at Hana into the eyes. “I know all of this Hana, I am the death crow after all. Once a person is dead... its soul must be claimed in 3 days”

                “Why?” Hana asks softly.

                “Souls do not belong in this world. They have a world of their own which is the other dimension of the human world. The world of the dead where it co exist inside the human world. If we’re not able to claim the souls... the souls itself become harm to the human being” Andy said softly. “now all I need is to... stage this human’s death”

                “What?” Hana looks at Andy in disbelief.

                “There’s nothing we can do” Andy said and looks at the wall where the explosion happened. His eyes widened suddenly and leaps toward Hana and hugged her tightly, his wings clasps covers most of Hana’s back to prevent injury.

SWWWOOOOOSSSHHHH!!! BBBAAAAMMM!!!

                Hana hears something went pass through them and by the sound of it, it seemed like there’s something hit the wall again. She couldn’t really see what happened, because she’s being covered by Andy’s wings and body which was a bit strange to her. His body doesn’t even have a tint of warmth and it feels like she’s hugging some kind of ice. Though she could feel his breath gently caress her cheeks.

                “Brother! Brother!” A familiar voice called but it wasn’t Eric nor Minwoo. “Get her out of here, there are myth chasers about!” Andy spreads his wings and Hana shifts her face to see who’s the one speaking.

                Hana’s eyes widened...

                Though his body is different... there’s no mistake with those eyes. His physiques may be matured and covered with scales, but it’s clearly him. It was like a split-second recognition, Hana coouldn’t believe her eyes that it was him. Her best friend from childhood... is a myth!

                “DongWan...?” Hana stutters, DongWan gave her a hard look.

                “Brother... begone! Bring her back to her dwelling, we will try and contain them here!” DongWan screams and spreads his wings emitting light from it then release it to someone out of the building.

                “Alright little ChangJo, let’s get you to safety” Andy said in his cheery voice. With that said, Andy carries Hana in bridal-style and then he spreads his wings and shoots out of the building.

                Hana screamed as she felt the tremendous speed that Andy’s making. She closes her face to his chest not wanting to see the altitude of their placement. She could hear wings flapping—nothing more nothing less. DongWan... DongWan is a myth? How could she ever miss that fact?! From the verystart, DongWan has been following her! And there’s that fact that her past life is ChangJo... is this why DongWan pursue towards her because she’s ChangJo?!

                Hana couldn’t help but feel angry, how come DongWan never told her?! She thought they’re close friends?! Best friends in fact! Is that why DongWan is really protective of her in ever manner? She felt betrayed and hurt... she couldn’t believe that DongWan has something else to be her friend but then... Hana opens her eyes.

                Friends... don’t hate each other...

                Those words came to Hana’s mind. She always said that to herself so that she’ll never lose DongWan as a friend. But this kind of situation arises... what’ll she do?

                “Hang in there, little ChangJo... don’t worry, myth chasers won’t see us” Andy said with an assured voice. “It’s a good thing our brother warned us about them” Within a few moments, Andy and Hana arrived at her house. Andy lands on her porch and puts her down.

                “How... how did you know where I live?” Hana asks softly.

                “I am the death crow... I knew these lands even before you were born... I know every person I meet, Hana” Andy smiled at her and he spreads his wings.

                “Where are you going?” Hana asks.

                “I’m going back to help my brothers” Andy said cheerfully.

                “But... what will happen to the building?” Hana asks.

                “Don’t worry Hana... we can put all the things back in order” Andy said. “The traveller can stop and play the time you know” With that, Andy darts out of the porch and shoots towards the sky with an immense speed.

                Hana watches to where Andy flew. She blinks quite a few while before registering to her mind that DongWan is a myth. Hana starts pacing back and forth thinking how that could be... how come she never knew and how come he never told her. No answers can be found because she never it from the very beginning. Her eyes landed on the picture that was taken years ago... a picture of him and her when they were just 10.

                In the picture, Hana was laying on the hospital bed while DongWan stands beside her. If truth to be told, Hana was born blind... and she can’t receive immediate eye surgery because of heart complication. She was born ill and spends her primary years mostly in the hospital. And that’s how she met DongWan... in the hospital. Where it all started—he protects her and guides her to everything that’s why he became dear to her.

                Then it hit to Hana... earlier, when MinWoo and Eric tells her about ChangJo... ChangJo was also ill and they took her in to make their creation.

                “Our Moon Fox here... gave the half of his heart for courage to her...” Minwoo said that made Eric look away. “I on the other hand gave up my liver for vitality, the traveller gave up one of his eyes for truth, the winter prince gave up parts of his skin for protection, the Wild beast gave one of his lungs for her limitless Stamina, and the Death Crow gave a part of his brain for her intelligence. All of these are vital to us and to her...”

                Does that mean... Hana has their vital parts? Hana suddenly rushes towards the mirror. Eyes... her eyes suddenly became clear one day. She looked at her eyes intently, wanting to know what’s up with them. She looks at her eyes closely when she saw her eyes gave a glint just like the myths do it! After her eyes glinted, they turned into a deep shade of purple.

                Hana was so surprised that she threw herself back. She starts gasping and feeling different. Her body starts trembling and her innards felt like burning. She felt some tremendous pain inside that made her body tremble too much. She gasps for air but it seemed like she had forgotten how to breathe! She couldn’t intake single oxygen in her. She curled up in a ball as she feels the pain becoming more erratic. She felt like crying but she can’t feel her tears coming out, her head is spinning and spinning and it was as though life is pouring out of her. She felt something in , she coughs but she couldn’t let it out. She felt something from her back.

                Her mind starts to blur... she’s dying, she knows it.

                Suddenly... everything stopped. The pain suddenly stopped and she can breathe again. She gasps for air like it was the last thing she needed to do. Hana slowly sits up... when she looks at her hand—her nails turned black and it seemed sharp. She looks at her skin wwhich was dead pale. She immediately stands and looks at the mirror... she couldn’t believe her eyes. Looking back at her from the mirror...

                “What happened to me?” She asks soflty

                In the mirror, her hair is jet black and reaches her knees, her face is smooth yet pale, her eyes are purple and there’s a tattoo beneath her eyes—a mark identical with Andy’s. She felt her back aching and as she reaches to where it hurts, she felt lumps. Hana looks at herself in the mirror... she’s transformed.

                “So... it’s you then” A voice called her attention. Hana looked back in haste to see someone hidden in the shadows and by the tone of the voice, she could tell it was a woman.

                “W-who are you?!” Hana speaks and there’s a movement in the shadows.

                “It is not important, dear Hana...” The voice said. “We shall meet at the appropriate time when I claim my right...”

                “Claim your right...” Hana speaks.

                “In time, Hana... in time” and with that, she lets out a shrill cackle before disappearing within the shadows.

                Hana stands still... wondering...

                What the heck just happened to her.