ChangJo

6 Myths

Hana looks from Eric to MinWoo who kept quiet by the name, both of them has this solemn and hard expression as though it was something to be unsaid. But then... she felt that she heard the name somewhere but she couldn’t remember when or where. MinWoo shifts in discomfort as he looks at Eric who has a hardened look on his face.

                “Hana, do you know what Myths are?” MinWoo asks. Hana tries to recall what DongWan’s report is.

                “I’m not sure...” Hana said truthfully, she never knew what Myths were. “All I know is that the myths... brings illness to our world and... kills people” MinWoo and Eric gave her a darker look that made Hana cowers in her seat.

                “Myths are celestial creatures; we are born out of the collision of stars above. We are the reason why there are falling meteorites, comets, eclipses, and anything related to the heavenly bodies. We existed after the world is made and the Mighty Creator gave us tasks to fulfil. That is to come down to earth and cleanse it... we have different names... humans name us differently: Angels of the Death, gods of Plague, gods of disease, gods of misfortunes, and even... grim reaper.” MinWoo said carefully without scaring Hana but instead of Hana being afraid, she became fascinated that made Eric and MinWoo flustered. “Aren’t you afraid?”

                “Eh? Why? It’s really fascinating knowing that countless legends come from you!” HAna said excitingly that made MinWoo smile and Eric rolling his eyes. “Then... why are you coming to this world?”

                “That is to cleanse the world” MinWoo said and HAna frowned.

                “Cleanse?” Hana looks at Eric since he was too quiet.

                “Killing” Eric said. “For the greater good of humanity”

                “Why would you do that?” Hana asks.

                “It was our task to kill humans but not directly. We give illness or cause plagues, that is... to lessen the evil within the world. The world at that time—is not a suitable place to live in” Eric said. “Compared now—it is too brutal living in the ancient times”

                “Indirectly... but how come...” Hana paused and clears . “You crave for... you know...”

                “Human flesh?” MinWoo smirks at Hana. “We are cursed”

                “How did you got cursed?” Hana looks from MinWoo and Eric with the very same expression again.

                “Hana... before, all humans viewed us as Evil ones because of our doings. Many prayed to different gods to fend us off, others practices witchcraft and sorcery... and there are others who made cults in honor of the god of the underworld. Thus... a solution came and they created the muse” Eric explained. “The muse is a who sacrifices herself for the greater good of humanity. She has too many followers behind her and these followers’ looks at her like a ‘god’ for the power bestowed to her from the past generation.”

                “Wait... isn’t it, that the muse is the reason to why you guys wake up and sleep?” Hana asks.

                “Sleep you say?” Eric grimaced. “More like imprisoned and while we were imprisoned, our wholeness is being tortured by ancient spell. The level of pain in which no human could ever survive”

                “Rather than being bounded, we managed to create a sort of sphere made of the purest crystal and energy where we can stay inside and rejuvenate our powers. And when the time comes, our Moon Fox will wake us up to keep our task going on” MinWoo said. “Now this muse passes her spells from generation to generation and we kept on being bounded and eventually freed every time”

                “But then... there’s this muse who cursed us” Eric added, recalling his past memories. “It was not too long ago, it happened here...”

                “Before, we never really had a weakness just like you bit Moon Fox’s tail” MinWoo said that made Hana bit her lower lip. “This muse, knew our sole purpose and she thought we were too cruel that she made a deal with the god of the underworld to give us some weaknesses therefore, giving us human bodies. We’re mortal and immortal at the same point, we cannot tell the difference, that’s why I... live in this world currently. But then, we do not want that”

                “As our human bodies live in this world, our inhuman body longs for our home—the celestial world. We return there once in a while, but we haven’t return until now because of our mortality. We cannot live here... the more exposure we have to the human world, the more it kills us. So that means... at some time, we’re going to—what you humans call dying” Eric explained which made Hana surprised. Eric smirks at Hana. “What you knew about the myths is not even half way”

                “Why don’t you do something about it?” Hana asks. “You’re myths! You can do anything!”

                “We did” MinWoo said softly and his gaze softened. “That’s how ChangJo comes in... our creation”

                “CHangJo? Creation?”

                “Since we were turned into mortals... or the sort, we needed someone to undo our curse. And we needed a human yet powerful like us to do it.” MinWoo said and sighs. “We found the perfect human and it was ChangJo”

                “What did you do then?” Hana asks

                “At that time... we found her when she was just a little child, MinWoo found her” Eric said. “She’s a pure child who comes to us willingly and trades her life in order to save her ill mother. At that time, she too is in the verge of dying out of the disease she caught from her Mother.”

                “It’s not like we don’t have a choice, but it was her heart that caught us... a child’s pure heart which has not stained by the human’s ill mentality. In the end, we chose her... as our creation” MinWoo said with a small smile. “We read her stars and they directed us to Venus... and we discovered that she’s under that sign... we called Venus to help us. That’s how Venus grant her more life and to make her one of us, each of us gave up a part to her.”

                “Gave up a part?” Hana asks, suddenly frowning. MinWoo smiles and looks at Eric.

                “Our Moon Fox here... gave the half of his heart for courage to her...” Minwoo said that made Eric look away. “I on the other hand gave up my liver for vitality, the traveller gave up one of his eyes for truth, the winter prince gave up parts of his skin for protection, the Wild beast gave one of his lungs for her limitless Stamina, and the Death Crow gave a part of his brain for her intelligence. All of these are vital to us and to her...”

                “But then... you crave for these kinds of organs...” Hana said.

                “That’s because... ours is missing” Eric said and touches his chest.

                “But ChangJo has them” Hana said while Thinking of something that she wouldn’t have dreamed of.

                “Changjo... died, even before we could ever perform the final spell to undo our curse...” MinWoo said while frowning. “And the unfortunate part... we were not able to retrieve those parts...”

                “Those parts were scattered piece by piece and distributed to humans. That’s why we crave for those parts in order to get ours back” Eric said softly. “But then... Venus was infuriated... the death of ChangJo caused her to imprison us in our own realm to kill us slowly... only the Deceiver and the Traveller were the only ones who can get out of our own realm and into the human world. I was imprisoned...”

                “But she is powerful, how come she died?” Hana asks. “Can’t you revive her?”

                “She’s a mortal... any mortals can die. Her uniqueness... cannot be revived that’s why Venus is infuriated” Eric said and looks at Hana seriously. “But I didn’t know... she can be reborn”

                “Reborn?”

                “Reincarnated” MinWoo said seriously. “The Traveller spend all of his lifetime in the human world because he believed that humans are reincarnated. Thus, he looks for her far and wide... until he found her...”

                “Really?” Hana’s eyes widened and felt glad. “Do you know who she is?” Just before MinWoo was about to speak, someone sits beside Hana.

                “Anyeong Hasseyong~” Hana looks to her side and realizes that it was the cute guy from earlier.

                “Little Brother” Eric acknowledges him. MinWoo smiled toothily at the cute guy. Hana looks from the new guy and to MinWoo and Eric.

                “Hey, where’s my card?” The cute guy asks and looks at MinWoo who rolls his eyes and extracts the card from his pocket and gave it to him.

                “The next time to hand it to a human, be sure it’s not her” MinWoo scolds him, but the cute guy just smiled and it just made him look cuter.

                “What brought you here, little brother?” Eric asks and the cute guy grinned.

                “There’s a reason why I gave this card to a human... it’s to catch this demon” The cute guy extracts another card with a moving character inside. Hana’s eyes widened as she recognizes it... it was the old lady from a while ago! “This demon is so good at disguising itself that’s why I needed a human to reveal itself”

                “Good... that’s a less thing to worry about” MinWoo said. The cute guy then turns to Hana and smiled cutely.

                “Thank you for helping me out~” The cute guy said.

                “Idiotic little brother... you could have harm her” Eric said seriously.

                “Hehehehe” The little brother laughs.

                “Little brother?” Hana asks.

                “Yes, I’m Death Crow... or you can just call me Andy” Andy said.

                “Death Crow?!” Hana asks and recalls the picture that DongWan shows about the deathcrow which was nothing in common with Andy!

                “Yeap!” Andy smiled, and his eyes turned red and smiles. “Nice to see you again... ChangJo” 


Aimei: Did you expect that?! kekekekkeke~ 
Junjin and Hyesung will be out soon after the "Field Trip" Chapter
Andy, Andy, Andy~ The cutest~ Kya ^^
and congratulations to feelgyo for guessing them right!
Wait for the next update!!!
I'll update soon, 

Random Question:
If you were Hana, what whould you react if you knew you were ChangJo before?