Myths in the Human World

6 Myths

                “MinWoo-yah~”

                Laying on the grassy fields with eyes closed, MinWoo hears her soft footsteps, he smiles as he recognizes those careful steps. He then feels someone sits beside him and he slowly opens his eyes. Blocking the sunlight from his view, her face came to his sight. Her purple eyes shine with happiness as her smile reaches them. MinWoo smiles at her back knowing that she is happy to see him. He reaches to her face and he feels her soft skin texture. She tilts her head to his palm, feeling the warmth of his touch.

                “Are you not afraid of me?” MinWoo asks.

                “I am not” She said. “Why should I?”

                “I am the deceiver...” MinWoo told her.

                “You won’t deceive me, right?” She said with a magical voice. “Minwoo... I know you won’t deceive me... I trust you”

                “ChangJo...” MinWoo mutters as he opens his eyes.

                 He never thought he’d see her again, but in a different way. A way what humans call... dream. To him, a dream is just an illusion of your heart’s desire... but myths don’t have desires—they never did. Desires are for humans whose greed increases and as soon they obtain what they desire, they desire even more. A myth does not desire for there’s nothing to desire. But then... living in the human world... there’s a difference between dreams and desires... something he doesn’t understand until now.

                MinWoo-yah~

                Changjo’s voice rings in his mind every now and then. MinWoo palms his face clean and stares at the rays of sunlight enter the corners of the window. He hissed and covers the even tiniest ray of light with the curtains. It’s not that he hates sunlight, he gets annoyed by it. He’s a creature of the dark after all... all myths are creatures of the dark. They live in the realm of shadows and celestial world. Living in the human world drains them too much and they endured quite a long time under the human’s influences. Well... MinWoo and DongWan lived in the human world. The others retreated either in the underworld or in the mystical forest.

                The human world... just like Eric said is complicated.

                People run as if there’s no tomorrow... as if it’s a race... as if they’re dying... as if they’re doing the right choice without even thinking about it. People blame others for the mistakes they’ve done, people justifies others without justifying their own selves, people seemingly are not even satisfied with what they have now that’s why they live their life in a complete race just to have what they desire.

                And then... there’s Hana, just like others, she have desires of their own. But then... DongWan chose her... why?

...

RIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG

                “Hi, this is DongWan, I’m afraid I can’t answer your call, just leave your message” Hana hears the voicemail on the other line. Hana bits her lips, could he be mad at her?

                “Hey, it’s Hana... yah, you better pick up the phone later... idiot” Hana said and just sighs as she ends the call and went to the bathroom where Eric is. She couldn’t believe that Eric stayed in the tub overnight! “Dolyeon-nim! Get up we have to go” Hana calls Eric who was still in the bath tub. Eric stares at her and dips deeper to the water and made bubbles in them. Hana narrows her eyes. Eric merely shakes his head. Hana huffs and looks at her phone.

                “I won’t go anywhere” Eric said haughtily.

                “And why?” Hana asks.

                “I don’t follow slaves” Eric said simply. “Slaves follow me... I am powerful” Hana gave a shrill and annoying laugh.

                “Powerful?! In that state?” Hana laughs.

                “I am!” Eric growls “Wait until I have my full power and you’ll be sorry!”

                “Yeah, yeah, come on, we have to buy you some underwear” Hana said and as Eric was about to protest, Hana raises her bendable ruler that made Eric shuts his mouth. “Go put on your sweater”

                “I am not going with you unless my brother comes with me” Eric said firmly.

                “What?” Hana asks when suddenly under the dark corners of the sink, a shadow emerges. The shadow’s face formed and MinWoo came to be. “H-how did you do that?!” Hana asks in amazement.

                “I am a myth... you shouldn’t be surprised by that” MinWoo said. Hana scoffs and looks at her phone. She tries to dial Dongwan again, but he doesn’t pick it up. Hana sighs.

                “Put on the sweaters... I’ll be waiting outside” Hana said and with that she left leaving minWoo and Eric.

                “Brother... you are well-aware that myths chasers are in our vicinity” MinWoo said to Eric. “We cannot defend ourselves from them in this state” Both powers are too limited to use.

                “That’s why I do not want to leave... Our brother an enchantment not to let any myth chasers come in” Eric said. “But this human wants to step out of here”

                “Let her...” MinWoo said. “She is not our prisoner” Eric sighs.

                “If you gave her too much freedom, she might end up like Chang—”

                “Don’t mention her name” MinWoo cuts off Eric words. “This time it will be different and as she pleases, her freedom is always hers alone”

                “But you quite know well that she’s trapped” Eric said seriously. “Our brother, DongWan is out there, fending off the myth chasers without our help”

                “I do not please to help” MinWoo said furiously. “If he wants to protect this woman... he should be with her beside her”

                “This time... it’s different compared the last time. MinWoo... this human’s heart— is mine” Eric said seriously that made Minwoo shocked. “And if she dies by accident... we cannot retrieve the heart and if that happens, we’re going to perish”

                “How did...”

                “It just did... it’s destiny”

...

                DongWan feels the breeze passing through the blades of his wings. It was broad daylight, but he didn’t mind since he has his full power. Humans cannot see him, but myth chasers can. He patrols the area for them in any case they are closer to Hana’s area. Myth chasers are the Muse’s loyal subjects; they follow the muse’s calling. But currently, they are waiting for the Muse’s appearance that’s why they are taking some offensive measures towards the myths.  The Myth chasers knew that the Myths are after the muse once she exposes herself. 

SWIISH!!!

                DongWan barely dodge the arrow that has come to his direction from the land surface. He looks down to see one of them— a human wearing white hanbok with hat(Korean traditional dress), armed with bow and arrow while civilians are just passing by him without even noticing him. That means that the normal civilians can’t see him too. DongWan narrows his eyes as he lifts his right hand—a silver light emerges from his palm and silver lance appeared behind the light.  The Myth chaser smirks at him and readies another arrow, aiming at DongWan. As soon as he shoots the arrow, DongWan darts towards the myth chaser... ready for battle.

 

                Hana felt strong wind blows from her back, Hana looks to where the wind’s direction was. Nothing is much seen except the crowding people near the mall. It’s Saturday and it’s a bit normal to see more people at places like this one. She looks to her side to see a disgruntled Eric and an easy going MinWoo. After a few bickering here and there, HAna was able to drag Eric towards the mall. And it seemed like MinWoo is helping her. She smiles at the thought of having more than one companion, but still—she rather have DongWan by her side though.

                “Hana, I’ll go with him and pick his underwear, you stay here” MinWoo said politely and Hana just nods. MinWoo brings Eric towards some shop that sells male apparels while Hana looks around for something interesting. Hana looks at her phone again, sadly... DongWan was still not answering nor send her a message. She sighed, wondering what’s up with him.

                “Excuse me, you dropped this” a cheery voice spoke. Hana looks around to see a cute guy with semi curled hair, single-lidded eyes, chubby cheeks and pucker-ish lips. He was taller than MinWoo and DongWan by a few bit, but Eric is still taller.

                “Huh?” Hana only manages to say. The cute guy smiles and handed her some kind of a card.

                “You dropped it” The cute guy said and gave her his toothiest grin which was really sweet. AHna looks at the card in her hand, confused.

                “But... I didn’t drop it” Hana said and the guy walks forth but stops when he’s shoulder to shoulder with her.

                “Shhh, give that to my brother immediately” With that he left. Hana was in a state of surprise and looks back, but then, the cute guy disappeared. Hana blinks a few times before looking at the card. But then... the card is empty... not a word or thing is on it.

                “Hana... we’re done” MinWoo said. HAna looks at Eric who was in his disgruntled mood. A few girls pass by and swoons at his killer looks.

                “Ah... good, let’s grab something to eat.” Hana said and the 3 of them walks towards a pizza shop nearby.

                Hana place their order while MinWoo accompanies Eric in their table. Hana was about to take the tray to their table when she felt weird—like being watched. Hana looks to her side to see an old lady sitting on one of the tables, staring—glaring at her. Hana just bows her head, but still the old lady kept on glaring at her. But then she noticed—the old lady’s nails suddenly grew! Hana blinks a few times before looking at her nails again which was just normal. Just then, without her noticing, MinWoo was already by her side.

                “Hana give me the card in your pocket” MinWoo said. “Hurry”

                “What?” Hana places the tray on one of the empty table first before grabbing the card. MinWoo hastily snatch it from her.

                “Foolish human” Eric said softly as soon as she reaches their table. “Do as you’re instructed”

                “What? I don’t know what you’re talking about” HAna frowned at them.

                “This” MinWoo shows her the card that the cute guy gave her earlier. “Shouldn’t be in your hands for a long period of time or the demons will go after you”

                “Demons?” HAna frowns at him.

                “Demons... the residents of the underworld” Eric said lowly, Hana looks back to where the old lady was, but no one’s there already. “That old woman is a demon and she wanted that card”

                “What is it?” Hana asks as MinWoo lays the card on the table.

                “This card bears the seal of the God of Underworld... if this falls on any Demon, it could summon anything from the underworld... plus it opens the portal there” MinWoo said, but Hana couldn’t even see anything on the card. “The longer this card is with a human... the card can consume the human’s life” Hana’s eyes bulged.

                “But why did that—that guy gave it to me?! He could have given it to you straight!” Hana grits her teeth in annoyance. MinWoo smirks.

                “Our little brother likes to mess with us” MinWoo said then keeps the card to him and Hana rolls her eyes just in time that Eric gobbles up anything in front of him. MinWoo does the same thing.

                “Yah, yah, eat slowly will you? It’s not like those are not enough for the 3 of us” Hana said and Eric smirks at her.

                “That’s because these food are not enough for one of us” Eric points at MinWoo. “Human food can never satisfy our hunger... but it can cover our desire for—” Eric stops his sentence and jsut continues eating.

                “Desire for?” Hana asks.

                “You do not want to know that” MinWoo said.

                “What if I do?” HAna said testily and MinWoo sighs.

                “Tell me Hana... what are we?” MinWoo asks. “We may look like humans, but we’re not”

                “You’re myths” Hana said.

                “We are Myths... and We myths have different cravings” Eric said. “We are always hungry for it...”

                “What are we talking about?” Hana asks.

                “It’s the taste of human meat” MinWoo said and Hana was taken aback. “We weren’t supposed to eat humans... but, we were cursed to do so” Hana frowns as she remembers that Eric was around to be at bay for her heart.

                “Is that why... Eric...” Hana looks at Eric who looks at her darkly.

                “Yes” Eric said.

                “Why?” Hana asks, for some reason ever since Eric appears before her, she never felt threatened but she was scared. Knowing that Eric is after her heart is a bit disturbing.

                “We were cursed to crave for humans” MinWoo said eyeing Hana from her face down to her chest. “Eric... the Moon Fox only eats human’s heart, I... crave the human liver” Hana frowned at him.

                “This food can never satisfy our hunger” Eric said darkly. “The more we do not eat what we crave, the more we’re likely to perish”

                “But then you were cursed to be like this... why?” Hana asks. Minwoo stares at her sadly.

                “Because... because of Changjo...”

                “Changjo?”


AiMei: sorry for the late late late update!!!
MianHamnida *bows*
Hope you guys enjoy this chappy :) 
btw, who was that guy who gave Hana the card and Who is Changjo?
Mind What Eric said about Hana ^^